Manchester United chat
danniitronix
Legend

4 weeks ago

Apparently we are skint. Thick cunts.
bman2
Legend

4 weeks ago

I’d say it will take a while for him to settle (if he does come here) and show us what he can do. New league, middle of the season, and Sporting’s team is supposed to be built around him to get the best out of him. In contrast he’s joining a team with no clear style of play. It’s a shame we didn’t get him in the summer.
jason_uk
First Teamer

4 weeks ago

danniitronix wrote:
4 weeks ago
Apparently we are skint. Thick cunts.
Fuck me, you don't give over.
Has anyone here said that the Glazers have not been putting (the clubs)money towards transfers in the past 5 season or so?
Again, if we do get this deal done, what does it show? That we are incapable of working on more than one deal at a time, they work at a snails pace on that single deal, getting a deal done just in time for the deadline.

Who's fault is this? Woodward and his transfer team of Judge and whoever else, and ultimately the Glazers- They are the problem, throwing 50 mill at a player isnt going to sort out any misgivings about them as owners.

We should have been signing at least 1 more striker or right winger in this window.
jason_uk
First Teamer

4 weeks ago

bman2 wrote:
4 weeks ago
I’d say it will take a while for him to settle (if he does come here) and show us what he can do. New league, middle of the season, and Sporting’s team is supposed to be built around him to get the best out of him. In contrast he’s joining a team with no clear style of play. It’s a shame we didn’t get him in the summer.
This is what irks me, either Ole is bullshitting, or he blatantly didn't want fernandes in the summer window (like every other major european club).

Sporting have been desperate to sell since the start of the summer window, he has been desperate to move, so why has there been zero interest from other clubs? A little bit concerning.

In saying this he surely has to be an improvement over Lingard or Andreas, but thats not exactly a high bench mark, and like you say, it will take him time to bed in.

The twitter fans are going on like he is the 2nd coming of messi by how they are getting on, I'm not really expecting much, at least straight away, but hopefully I am proven wrong.
fat maradona
First Teamer

4 weeks ago

jason_uk wrote:
4 weeks ago
bman2 wrote:
4 weeks ago
This is what irks me, either Ole is bullshitting, or he blatantly didn't want fernandes in the summer window (like every other major european club).

Sporting have been desperate to sell since the start of the summer window, he has been desperate to move, so why has there been zero interest from other clubs? A little bit concerning.

In saying this he surely has to be an improvement over Lingard or Andreas, but thats not exactly a high bench mark, and like you say, it will take him time to bed in.

The twitter fans are going on like he is the 2nd coming of messi by how they are getting on, I'm not really expecting much, at least straight away, but hopefully I am proven wrong.
His stats are really good but admittedly in a piss poor league. His technical ability looks superb also, so hopefully he can take a kicking and still move the ball around. Give him a bit of time and see how he gets on.
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

4 weeks ago

Looks like he's a bit if a feisty cunt too.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

Rant's official saviour, International Lovemaker to the Stars and prince of cunts
marlon
Legend

4 weeks ago

bman2 wrote:
4 weeks ago
We don't have a style but he'll fit neatly enough in a 4231. I'd guess he'll have a bright start and then be dragged down to mediocrity like every other player we've signed.
Sid
Legend

3 weeks ago

Probably won't be getting another midfielder in summer now we have Fernandes and Ed is giving Matic a new deal
Sid
Legend

3 weeks ago

fat maradona wrote:
4 weeks ago
jason_uk wrote:
4 weeks ago
bman2 wrote:
4 weeks ago

His stats are really good but admittedly in a piss poor league. His technical ability looks superb also, so hopefully he can take a kicking and still move the ball around. Give him a bit of time and see how he gets on.
Looking forward to seeing his technical ability gradually decline over 18 months under Ole's cardio regime
bman2
Legend

3 weeks ago

Sid wrote:
3 weeks ago
Probably won't be getting another midfielder in summer now we have Fernandes and Ed is giving Matic a new deal
You only need 2.5 midfielders, according to football oracle Ed Woodward.