Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
Jason
Star Man

So close to 2 weeks before the start of the season, we again are floundering around aimlessly, doing jack shit in the market.

Compare that to Chelsea, who have just signed Chillwell, from Leicester, who only last season bent us over a barrel for Maguire, for 30million less.

Somehow we also spent more on AWB than him, even though AWB wasn't a full England international at the time, had just had his 1st full season in football, and still hasnt been capped, compared to Chillwell who is pretty much 1st choice lb for England at the moment, its just crazy when you look at how much we overpay for players.

We keep getting screwed over, not only with transfer fees, but on how fucking long it takes the current United setup to get a deal over the line.

It really is depressing when looking at what other clubs are doing, I expect Havertz to sign on with Chelsea before we actually get anyone, so that will be Ziyech, Werner, Chillwell and Havertz signed, all for "reasonable" tranfer fees in one summer. We keep getting told how difficult it is to get these deals done, and how complicated it is, so we are lucky to get 1 or 2 good ones each calendar year. Fuck right off.. bloody pisstake.

Never mind closing the gap to the top 2, the teams around us are going to be pulling away from us.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Yeah, we're making a shit show of it again. And now we've given Henderson a 6 year, £120K per week. Makes him the 4th highest paid keeper in the league.

We're paying half a million quid a week out, for a couple of keepers. And that doesn't include Romero.

Chelsea showing how its done. Exactly the sort of ambition, planning and ruthlessness we should have shown.
Jason
Star Man

Oh wait - latest news is that we after Grealish for 75 mill, I mean seriously what the fuck. Yeah, he's a decent player, probably worth around 40mill max, but is he what we need to improve the 1st team, who's spot does he take in the starting 11? Sure, he's a good back up to give Bruno a rest, but for 75mill, I hope this is just usual tabloid shite, and there is nothing to it.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Spending 75m on Grealish would make the decision to not spend 100m on Sancho even more stupid.
Jason
Star Man

Edfuckingwoodward wrote: 3 years ago Spending 75m on Grealish would make the decision to not spend 100m on Sancho even more stupid.
Aye but Sancho has been corrupted playing in Europe for past 3 years, he's basically a jonny foreigner now, compared to Jack Grealish, who's a good British bull dog.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Edfuckingwoodward wrote: 3 years ago Yeah, we're making a shit show of it again. And now we've given Henderson a 6 year, £120K per week. Makes him the 4th highest paid keeper in the league.

We're paying half a million quid a week out, for a couple of keepers. And that doesn't include Romero.

Chelsea showing how its done. Exactly the sort of ambition, planning and ruthlessness we should have shown.
There's rumours that Romero is gonna leave. 120k is a lot for a back up keeper though, especially a 23 year old. Young for a goalie.
dozer
Legend

If we're keeping Henderson we should gamble and get rid of ddg. I wonder if anyone will buy him though
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

dozer wrote: 3 years ago If we're keeping Henderson we should gamble and get rid of ddg. I wonder if anyone will buy him though
Not on 350k per week they won’t.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

The competition will only do De Gea good. He can't get any worse. If he's still shite let Henderson take his place naturally by out performing him. And then offer De Gea a deal that reflects his actual performances. He'll reject it and find another club. Sorted.
dozer
Legend

Sid wrote: 3 years ago The competition will only do De Gea good. He can't get any worse. If he's still shite let Henderson take his place naturally by out performing him. And then offer De Gea a deal that reflects his actual performances. He'll reject it and find another club. Sorted.
It'll fuck up our finances though.
I like Romero. I don't want to lose him as our backup keeper.