Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
fat maradona
Star Man

2 months ago

Sid wrote:
2 months ago
The competition will only do De Gea good. He can't get any worse. If he's still shite let Henderson take his place naturally by out performing him. And then offer De Gea a deal that reflects his actual performances. He'll reject it and find another club. Sorted.
Not if his contract says he can carry on getting paid £350k p/w even if he's not playing. Just look at Bale, happy to take the money even when refusing to play (against City).

There will be some logic behind paying both DDG and Henderson top money, it's just that the majority of us don't see it.
Edfuckingwoodward
Legend

2 months ago

We dick about with transfers, but happily dish out big contracts like sweets.
fat maradona
Star Man

2 months ago

It's because we are run by a banker.
bman2
Legend

2 months ago

I think it’s just to lock Henderson in, show him he’s our future keeper. We could still loan him out this season, he needs to be starting.
Sid
Legend

2 months ago

fat maradona wrote:
2 months ago
Sid wrote:
2 months ago
The competition will only do De Gea good. He can't get any worse. If he's still shite let Henderson take his place naturally by out performing him. And then offer De Gea a deal that reflects his actual performances. He'll reject it and find another club. Sorted.
Not if his contract says he can carry on getting paid £350k p/w even if he's not playing. Just look at Bale, happy to take the money even when refusing to play (against City).

There will be some logic behind paying both DDG and Henderson top money, it's just that the majority of us don't see it.
True. We've had a lot of top, or former top players happy to offer fuck all whilst earning a top wage. De Gea could just become another one of those. We'll see.

In other news this is quite an interesting discussion on our transfers with a hack from the Athletic

If he's right then we could be finally seeing United catch up with the times in terms of recruitment aka going after players that fit a specific brief rather than just big names.

Messi will test that though. The old United would have put everything else on hold to sign him rather than focus on other better suited targets.
swampash
Legend

2 months ago

I’d keep Romero and dump DDG.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
FuB
Legend

2 months ago

fat maradona wrote:
2 months ago
It's because we are run by a banker.
Think you might need to fix your spell checker
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
fat maradona
Star Man

2 months ago

https://www.football365.com/news/man-ut ... d-transfer

At least we beat Dortmund to signing these two lads. I don't know if Dortmund were in for them but it'd make me feel good to believe it.
jason_uk
First Teamer

2 months ago

fat maradona wrote:
2 months ago
https://www.football365.com/news/man-ut ... d-transfer

At least we beat Dortmund to signing these two lads. I don't know if Dortmund were in for them but it'd make me feel good to believe it.
We have signed loads of these young 16 year old over recent years, and should be starting to reap some reward, but not a single one has come through to first team.

Hard to get excited by them, 90% amount to nothing.

The only plays who have come through recently rashord, greenwood, mct, williams are all academy players, where are the 16year hot prospects we signed 5/6 years ago. They are all just not good enough to make it! Scattergun approach, and hope that 1 of them finally makes it.
bman2
Legend

2 months ago

Lots of buzz at the moment that we’re signing Donny van de Beek from Ajax. He looks a good player to me, maybe better than Grealish and definitely better value. I’m not sure how you’d fit him, Bruno, and Pogba into the same midfield. But it gives you options and depth.

Think we might offload Fred if this happens.