Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
Jason
Star Man

swampash wrote: 3 years ago
jason_uk wrote: 3 years ago I've never actually watched him play a full 90 mins, so can't really guess how good he may or may not be.
Swampish is the inside man, and he seems to like him, and the stats are good.
He’s pretty good but I’m not an out and out fan, as your post seems to suggest Jason. At the money being quoted I think we could spend that sort of money much more sensibly and really improve the team rather than splashing it all on one player. I’d be more interested in signing Julian Brandt and Rode at a fraction of the price of a Sancho and still have change for a defender.
Apologies, I had it in my head you were a fan.
Maybe we are better off without him then, with the cash spread elsewhere.

Or hopefully some sorta deal can be done for around 80 million and not the 100+ they are demanding.
swampash
Legend

No apologies necessary Jason.
Cheers,
Swampash
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

This season is going to be a disaster, I can see it now. We never learn. We make SOME degree of progress, we get into the CL, we create a bit more of an identifiable, modern way of playing - and when the time is ripe to have a bold, or even a competent transfer window to kick things on, we shit it. To not bring 3 quality players (minimum) and shift 3 out, before the season starts, is pathetic.

We've had no real pre-season - other sides like Palace and Brighton who we play first up, have had a summer break, a pre-season and one league game to get going. They'll catch us cold and we'll drop points in at least 1, or probably both games. We could be 4 or 5 points behind the top end of the league by Saturday evening. Maguire will have his Greek tragedy hanging over him, Greenwood will either be dropped or his head will be fucked, so we can't count on him in the first few games. We'll be relying on fucking James, Ighalo and Mata for the first couple of games.

We're a shit show, we really are.
bman2
Legend

I think the season might be a bit of a disaster, but for once I don’t think we can blame it all on the owners and the club’s executives. It’s not a normal summer. And the lack of proper rest time and preparation really isn’t our fault this time, we got fucked by Europa league, and now the internationals.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

The Bale rumours are back ffs
bman2
Legend

Sid wrote: 3 years ago The Bale rumours are back ffs
Surely we’re not that stupid. I don’t believe. Once yes, but not now.
dozer
Legend

when does the transfer window end?
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

bman2 wrote: 3 years ago
I think we're exactly that stupid. I think we've gone into the Sancho thing believing that Dortmund would lower their price- forgetting that they dont need to, that Sancho isnt in a hurry to go anywhere and that whilst Covid may restrict the amount of business clubs do, it doesnt look to have affected the price of those who do move. We'll be sat there thinking 'next summer he'll only have 2 years left, he'll be cheaper then'. Oblivious to the possibility that we wont be able to offer CL footy then, other clubs will have more money and some of the top clubs will have a need for players who play in a similar position.

Fucking amateurs.
Last edited by JoelfuckingGlazer 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

bman2 wrote: 3 years ago
The rumours look legit. The theory is that Real want rid that much they're prepared to pay a lot of his wages, so the deal won't be as bad as it was years ago.

But it could also just be us trying to send a message to Dortmund to say we've got other options.

I can see us waiting on Sancho for another season. Or signing him in Jan. And still probably paying the 100 and odd mil they want.
bman2
Legend

Bale would be worse than Sanchez. There’s no way we’d do that again!

Perisic or Costa on loan would be better than signing Bale. He’s totally done, doesn’t even give a shit about football anymore.