Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
bman2
Legend

Sid wrote: 1 year ago Seems like they're having trouble getting Rabiot over the line tbh
His mum is notoriously tough to deal with and he’ll want a huge salary. I honestly don’t know what the club is thinking. There are better players available that would be easier to negotiate.

I’m honestly just bored with how shit Manchester United is as a football club. It’s getting worse too.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Ronaldo wants out, 100%. The recent 'back tracking' is just because no one really wants him.

As for Rabiot, I don't get it on any level. Apparently, part of the challenge is that he wants parity with his current wages but the preferential tax rates for foreigners in Italy mean that whereas we thought that meant paying him about 120k per week, we'd need to pay over 200k pw for him to maintain his current net salary. Once again, due diligence has gone to shit.

I said it weeks ago. Go and get Neves and Tielemans. Combined, it'd be a similar fee to De Jong, and those 2 in the deeper roles with Bruno or Erisken more advanced is a quality midfield.

It's not just that we're bad - we're so incompetent at addressing shitness and shying away from sensible, doable deals, that it's like we're on a mission to self destruct.
bman2
Legend

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 1 year ago Ronaldo wants out, 100%. The recent 'back tracking' is just because no one really wants him.

As for Rabiot, I don't get it on any level. Apparently, part of the challenge is that he wants parity with his current wages but the preferential tax rates for foreigners in Italy mean that whereas we thought that meant paying him about 120k per week, we'd need to pay over 200k pw for him to maintain his current net salary. Once again, due diligence has gone to shit.

I said it weeks ago. Go and get Neves and Tielemans. Combined, it'd be a similar fee to De Jong, and those 2 in the deeper roles with Bruno or Erisken more advanced is a quality midfield.

It's not just that we're bad - we're so incompetent at addressing shitness and shying away from sensible, doable deals, that it's like we're on a mission to self destruct.
Totally agree. Neves and Tielemans isn’t very imaginative, but they’re known quantities, good players, PL experienced, and a good age for a long term good value signing.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Just a few of the completed deals done this summer, for low or zero cost, in positions we need to strengthen desperately:

Kamara - free
Bissouma - 25m
McNeil- 20m
Kasper Schmeichel - free
Danny Welbeck - free
Nick Pope - 10m
Perisic - Free
Scammaca- 30m
Cornet - 15m
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 1 year ago Ronaldo wants out, 100%. The recent 'back tracking' is just because no one really wants him.

It's just staggering. Did the clubs financial experts, contract experts, legal experts not factor in the Italian tax rate? Did they even know it?

Everybody outside of the game know Rabiot's mam (who is his agent) is a beast - did those inside the game not know?
dozer
Legend

There have only been press reports and the fact that he didn't join for pre season. Ten hag always maintained that he'll stay and Ronaldo himself once criticised the media for fake news. I'm not buying this bullshit that no club wants him. Any club will take him. I thought he wanted to leave too, after hearing all the rumours but when I compare ten hags comments on Rashford vs Ronaldo I now have second thoughts.

On the other hand its immediately clear from ten hags interview that Rashford could leave the club.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

We're after Jamie Vardy now

Remember when we signed van Persie? That was a proper CF signing. Vardy is 35. We'll give him a massive contract and won't be able to get rid for 5 years.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

I don't know if this is even worth posting tbf it's probably just transfer bollocks. But Talkshite reckon we're close to signing Cunha from Atleti. 50m.

Is he any good? I've looked at his stats and he's not score more than 10 goals in a season.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Never heard of him.
bman2
Legend

Vardy FFS

Selling Garner to buy Rabiot FFS

I don’t know if I could stomach even watching the team they’re putting together.