Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
marlon
Legend

7 years ago

What European club can afford Rooney and needs a striker? He's not going to PSG, who already have Ibra and Cavani. Would Rooney really want to go to the French league anyway? I guess he could join Falcao at Monaco. Barca have Neymar and Messi (and no money), Madrid presumably go for Suarez and Bayern Lewandowski. Unless we sell him in England, he's staying.
lars072
Legend

7 years ago

marlon wrote:What European club can afford Rooney and needs a striker? He's not going to PSG, who already have Ibra and Cavani. Would Rooney really want to go to the French league anyway? I guess he could join Falcao at Monaco. Barca have Neymar and Messi (and no money), Madrid presumably go for Suarez and Bayern Lewandowski. Unless we sell him in England, he's staying.
He'll likely stay and get what he wants ~ a new contract and more money. He's happy with Moyes (one if the few) and has a chance to be United's greatest goal scorer. It's RVP I'd be worried about...
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

7 years ago

Since when does "need" have anything to do with it when it comes to these rich clubs?

Anyway, if Rooney wants to leave, he'll leave... we could play hard cunts last window because we had a spare year to play with, but if Rooney won't extend his contract, then we'd be stupid to try and hold him against his will for his final year.

And Rooney is looking at United now, and seeing what we're seeing... rot and decay...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
lars072
Legend

7 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:Since when does "need" have anything to do with it when it comes to these rich clubs?

Anyway, if Rooney wants to leave, he'll leave... we could play hard cunts last window because we had a spare year to play with, but if Rooney won't extend his contract, then we'd be stupid to try and hold him against his will for his final year.

And Rooney is looking at United now, and seeing what we're seeing... rot and decay...
The only place he would go to is Chelsea and the club made it clear they won't sell him to a rival. I don't see him leaving unless he really forces a move there and we get tons of cash.
dozer
Legend

7 years ago

I'll be surprised if United sell him unless they get an illogically fat wad of cash like 40m
They won't sell him to a premier league club for any kind of money, United are usually smart enough there.

I'm not worried about RVP, it's his second season in a 4 year contract, and like Rooney we can keep him.
I don't think he's pushing for a move either, he's denied it once already.
sheesh

7 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:Since when does "need" have anything to do with it when it comes to these rich clubs?

I'd like to think Rooney has a special bond with Moyes and the manager has been able to reignite that spark that has been missing for so long. Rooney's already won practically everything in club football.

I don't see how much more there is to achieve by going to somewhere like Chelsea, other than getting a big payday.

I would understand it if he went abroad for a bit just for a change of lifestyle.
Snoopcousins
Legend

7 years ago

sheesh wrote:

I'd like to think Rooney has a special bond with Moyes and the manager has been able to reignite that spark that has been missing for so long. Rooney's already won practically everything in club football.

I don't see how much more there is to achieve by going to somewhere like Chelsea, other than getting a big payday.

I would understand it if he went abroad for a bit just for a change of lifestyle.
As much as I'd like to believe that, I very much doubt it...
Think he has his mind made up he's going and needs to put himself in shop window by playing well and progressing in the CL.

Tho...Think it does help that he's been played up front and not shunted out to the left
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
marlon
Legend

7 years ago

United suffer when Rooney plays up front. Midfield 2 can't cope without him.

"Spurs held talks with Manchester United, who were willing to pay £100 million and might also have taken Adebayor, but Bale was adamant that he only wanted to go to Madrid."

From: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... stant.html
Minus The Bear
Star Man

7 years ago

And so it begins....

Stories were we had sent a delegation (probably like the Herrera one) to discuss a transfer for Fredy Guarin from Inter. Not EU Cup tied either and looking at about £10 to £15 million.

So it will surprise no one that Chelsea are going to sign him, because they definitely do not have enough midfielders.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... n-transfer
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

7 years ago

Fuck it!
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."