Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
swampash
Legend

All looking very desperate.
Can’t see Ten Hag surviving this mess.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Fuck me, have you seen some of the names we're getting linked with now? We're clearly shitting ourselves, desperately phoning round any agent who'll take our call.

What a shambles we've become. The entire 'discovery phase' of Ragnicks interim appointment wasted. What was the point of it? He identified all the problems and was spot on, which Hag is now seeing. We've had ample time to plan and recruit sensibly but we've done fuck all.
bman2
Legend

I’m actually starting to think this season might be great. It has the set-up of a Hollywood sports movie. De Jong is the lead: a cocky star sportsman in his prime, playing for a big club in sunny glamourous city, who through improbable circumstances is forced to go play for laughing stock team in a rainy unglamourous part of the world. His teammates are a rag tag bunch of losers: aging geezers on one last payday, young social media obsessed punks who’ve achieved nothing, and the captain is some big lumbering hulk who can’t run. Add in the fish out of water new coach, and an improbable season of glory awaits!
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

I'd pay good money to watch an 'All or Nothing' type, behind the scenes documentary about how the club is managed. It'd be ace.

Given how much we monetise everything else, its clear that that only reason we haven't done one is because the club knows how much of a shambles it is.

Casemiro is the latest name. Yeah, he's really going to leave Madrid, as Champions of Europe, to live in Manchester and play for this shit show.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Rabiot deal off apparently. We're also interested in Caicedo at Brighton, which is a good shout. Shame he wasn't available for 4m just over a year ago.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Rabiot deal off, whatever they playing at :))

Is Arnold worse than Woodward?
fat maradona
Legend

I think this is on Murtough and his department. Ultimately it does rest with Arnold but the scouting department have done nothing whatsoever again and left it to ETH.

Apparently it's Murtough who has sanctioned the sale of Garner, whilst trying to buy just about any other midfielder that the randomiser kicks out that morning.

I was just saying to my lad, that after 44 years of supporting this club, I'm finally reaching the point where I don't give a fuck anymore. I'd rather than not remain emotionally attached to it.
bman2
Legend

fat maradona wrote: 1 year ago I think this is on Murtough and his department. Ultimately it does rest with Arnold but the scouting department have done nothing whatsoever again and left it to ETH.

Apparently it's Murtough who has sanctioned the sale of Garner, whilst trying to buy just about any other midfielder that the randomiser kicks out that morning.

I was just saying to my lad, that after 44 years of supporting this club, I'm finally reaching the point where I don't give a fuck anymore. I'd rather than not remain emotionally attached to it.
I’m at the stage where I find the sheer incompetence is entertaining in its own way. I’m on the edge of my shit to see if they can manage to make things even worse. I now understand why people watch reality TV.
bman2
Legend

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 1 year ago Rabiot deal off apparently. We're also interested in Caicedo at Brighton, which is a good shout. Shame he wasn't available for 4m just over a year ago.
It’s good that the club had the sense to walk away from Rabiot’s wage demands. But why the fuck did they waste time and energy on him in the first place? Clock is ticking very loudly now, and it’s obvious to the whole world that we’ve started the season with a squad that isn’t remotely good enough.

We lost Ronaldo, Cavani, Greenwood, Pogba, Matic, Lingard, among others … and replaced them with nobody. And got no money for them. After a disaster season the likes of which should never happen to club of United’s size and wealth. Needs to be a be firing squad at United.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Joao Felix we're now in for. Yeah, he'll fancy us. You know, cos we're in Madrid 'for Casemiro' who definitely isn't using us to get a better deal at Madrid.

Its like whack a mole. Its actually becoming a parody of itself now.