Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
Jason
Star Man

How the hell are we not able to offer him first team football given how shite our current defence is!?
Got to ensure big Harry and awb maintain their first team status.
sheesh
Legend

Sid wrote: 1 year ago Jamie Jackson of the guardian believes that Timber is set to reject us on the grounds of not being promised first team football
Absolutely mental, if true.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Sid wrote: 1 year ago Jamie Jackson of the guardian believes that Timber is set to reject us on the grounds of not being promised first team football

He also reports we're holding out on Barca dropping their price for De Jong cos they're desperate for the money. United aren't rushing cos no one else is in for him. So this will probably drag on til the last day
It'll go tits up, and the likes of Bissouma, Neves, Tielemans will all move on for reasonable prices, and we'll be left with our dick in our hand. Again. And McFred. Again.
sheesh
Legend

I'm disappointed that we don't seem to hear about players being sold.

After the way that lot acted up last season, I was expecting a few players to leave.

Then the board says to ETH that we only have £100m odd to spend.
bman2
Legend

What happened to Beek has got to be a problem for us signing Ajax players in particular.
fat maradona
Legend

bman2 wrote: 1 year ago
What happened to Beek has got to be a problem for us signing Ajax players in particular.
LVG talked him out of it apparently, saying that he won’t make the World Cup squad if he doesn’t play every week.
dozer
Legend

A player being promised first team football is the last thing we need. We need competition for places. Sadly we have zero good players in most positions.
swampash
Legend

bman2 wrote: 1 year ago Falling back on the player with health issues who’s out of contract. United is finished, we’re on the downward spiral now. Glazers can’t sell now because the club’s value has hit rock bottom. But they might if it bounces up a bit at some point.
Yup, that’s my reading of the situation too.
bman2
Legend

So if the transfer budget really is 120M plus sales, that’s basically de Jong plus one other player before we need to sell. We could probably drum up some cash by selling a few kids and squaddies.

I’d say our best case scenario is de Jong plus two players in the 30m - 40m range, plus a freebie like Eriksen. So maybe a versatile defender plus a lefty attacker like Antony would be the best use of the non-Jong budget.
bman2
Legend

Of course we might not sell players until TH gets a chance to have a look at them in training.

I saw it reported that the club is basically dumping its own prepared scouting list and just deferring to TH's own list of players he wants. I suppose it's reasonable enough to back the manager. But what exactly is the point then of our scouts? Maybe it's all paper talk, but literally every player we're linked to is Ajax, Dutch, or German.