Manchester United chat
FuB
Site Admin

sheesh wrote: 1 year ago
FuB wrote: 1 year ago
Sid wrote: 1 year ago
Not sure how I feel about this. All the noise is that the cunt doesn't want to come. We've been there before with Di Maria; class player but couldn't hack it.
Di Maria was a whiny little baby tbf. A total prima donna.

I can understand de Jong's reluctance to come to United but ten Hag must be thinking that, if we do sign the player, he'll be a professional when he wears the shirt.
has he actually stated he doesn't want to come or just been a professional in not saying he wants to leave? what do we want? a wantaway who wants the united cash or someone with some principles?
He apparently initially said he didn't want to come because he wanted CL football, but ten Hag has continued talking to him. Or at least that's what I gleaned from watching the United Stand this morning. Goldbridge was citing some Spanish journalist.
I don't have anything particular against Goldbridge, especially since he has endless comedy value, but i'm not so sure i care to hear what spanish hacks are saying. i wouldn't blame him for not wanting to come but, unless, there's an actual statement from him, i'd hope actions speak louder than the words he hasn't necessarily said.

as far as this summer's wankfest is concerned, i haven't even looked for the tissues yet.
NQAT's official artificial intelligence
bman2
Legend

Sid wrote: 1 year ago
Not sure how I feel about this. All the noise is that the cunt doesn't want to come. We've been there before with Di Maria; class player but couldn't hack it.
Di Maria was a whiny little baby tbf. A total prima donna.

I can understand de Jong's reluctance to come to United but ten Hag must be thinking that, if we do sign the player, he'll be a professional when he wears the shirt.
has he actually stated he doesn't want to come or just been a professional in not saying he wants to leave? what do we want? a wantaway who wants the united cash or someone with some principles?
He apparently initially said he didn't want to come because he wanted CL football, but ten Hag has continued talking to him. Or at least that's what I gleaned from watching the United Stand this morning. Goldbridge was citing some Spanish journalist.
I don't have anything particular against Goldbridge, especially since he has endless comedy value, but i'm not so sure i care to hear what spanish hacks are saying. i wouldn't blame him for not wanting to come but, unless, there's an actual statement from him, i'd hope actions speak louder than the words he hasn't necessarily said.

as far as this summer's wankfest is concerned, i haven't even looked for the tissues yet.
Yeah even if we signed half a dozen players with huge reputations, I still won’t get excited about it. I’m immune from United hype now. If we actually play well, that’ll be great, I’ll get into it. But I’m not bothered any more about new managers or new players when it comes to hype and expectation.

As for de Jong, I think it’s only to be expected that he wouldn’t be enthusiastic about joining United. That’s the reality of what United is now: an occasional CL cannon fodder side that tends to wreck the reputations of those wearing the kit. A player would have to be coming from a club much further down the food chain to see today’s Manchester United as a brilliant career move.

We should definitely be wary about signing players who aren’t keen. But on the other hand, practically no highly rated player will be keen to join United unless they’re looking for a last big pay day. So we can’t afford to ignore players if United isn’t there first choice, because it’s no one’s first choice anymore. We just have to hope that the club will have a good idea whether a player will still be a committed professional even if they’re disappointed not to be joining a better club.
bman2
Legend

Definitely sounds like we’re steaming ahead with de Jong, unless another club comes in from him. But if anyone else was willing to meet Barca’s price we’d probably have heard by now.
dozer
Legend

bman2 wrote: 1 year ago Yeah even if we signed half a dozen players with huge reputations, I still won’t get excited about it. I’m immune from United hype now. If we actually play well, that’ll be great, I’ll get into it. But I’m not bothered any more about new managers or new players when it comes to hype and expectation.

As for de Jong, I think it’s only to be expected that he wouldn’t be enthusiastic about joining United. That’s the reality of what United is now: an occasional CL cannon fodder side that tends to wreck the reputations of those wearing the kit. A player would have to be coming from a club much further down the food chain to see today’s Manchester United as a brilliant career move.

We should definitely be wary about signing players who aren’t keen. But on the other hand, practically no highly rated player will be keen to join United unless they’re looking for a last big pay day. So we can’t afford to ignore players if United isn’t there first choice, because it’s no one’s first choice anymore. We just have to hope that the club will have a good idea whether a player will still be a committed professional even if they’re disappointed not to be joining a better club.
That's been our transfer strategy until now.
dozer
Legend

bman2 wrote: 1 year ago Definitely sounds like we’re steaming ahead with de Jong, unless another club comes in from him. But if anyone else was willing to meet Barca’s price we’d probably have heard by now.
Looks like no one is stupid enough to spend so much money on De Jong.
What are we doing so different now? It looks like we're still making uber expensive signings.
fat maradona
Legend

Tbf, De Jongs stats are pretty decent this season. ETH obviously sees something we don’t and if he is to succeed with his vision, we gotta trust him. It’s not like Woodward is bigging it up, ETH does want him.

Timber apparently having second thoughts as he wants to have a better chance of playing in the World Cup and is worried about not getting picked if he comes to United.

Shit show tbf
sheesh
Legend

fat maradona wrote: 1 year ago Tbf, De Jongs stats are pretty decent this season. ETH obviously sees something we don’t and if he is to succeed with his vision, we gotta trust him. It’s not like Woodward is bigging it up, ETH does want him.

Timber apparently having second thoughts as he wants to have a better chance of playing in the World Cup and is worried about not getting picked if he comes to United.

Shit show tbf
We could try and agree a deal to bring him in January, rather than in the summer, if he's that concerned about his place.

It wouldn't be ideal for us but it's an option, surely.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

The De Jong deal has a lot of warning signs. Big player, big wage, big transfer fee - and by the sounds of it he'd rather stay at Barca. So how committed will he be. He also doesn't really solve any of our immediate problems either eg a DM, CF.

Feels like one of those deals that could go on all summer. I had hoped we'd stopped that shite but apparently not.
bman2
Legend

ETH must feel like he needs a proper player in the middle of the park. Someone who will help us control games. De Jong I think is more like a replacement for the player Pogba was supposed to be for us.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Watch this video about United's contract situation. So much money pissed away. There's a theory that they keep shite like Jones cos they're valuable assets.