Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
Lazarus
Legend

Is it just me who knows fuck all about these up and coming players we might sign. I've got so fucked off watching us over the last few years i've stopped watching the amount of football i used too. I have no interest in other leagues or the CL, I used to watch every game i could because we might be playing them or i'd be interested in who we might sign...

But after a diet of disappointment since the last years of Fergie my interest has nose dived. I've had enough of Ibra's, Bastians, Valdes, De Marias, Falcao's, Varela's, Depay's, Schneiderlin's, Kagawa's, Butner's, MikiT's all players who made no real contribution or were at the end of their careers or just didn't work out. How many of these players meam anything to us as fans?

How long since we had a player who came and improved themselves or us??? Rashford (and he's home grown)
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Snoopcousins
Legend

Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
marlon
Legend

Don't get the fascination with Savic. He's basically a 10 - same position pogba played at Juve - but not as good. We're desperate for a proper passing mid. Literally the only good passers in the team are Mata and pogba and neither is suited to playing deeper in midfield.
marlon
Legend

I'll be happy if we get Almamy Toure. The only CB I liked/knew was Umtiti. Tons of good mids out there but it's not going to matter if they're next to Pogba in a 2. And unless Sanchez plays on the right, we need a RW too.
bman2
Legend

Lazarus wrote:Is it just me who knows fuck all about these up and coming players we might sign. I've got so fucked off watching us over the last few years i've stopped watching the amount of football i used too. I have no interest in other leagues or the CL, I used to watch every game i could because we might be playing them or i'd be interested in who we might sign...

But after a diet of disappointment since the last years of Fergie my interest has nose dived. I've had enough of Ibra's, Bastians, Valdes, De Marias, Falcao's, Varela's, Depay's, Schneiderlin's, Kagawa's, Butner's, MikiT's all players who made no real contribution or were at the end of their careers or just didn't work out. How many of these players meam anything to us as fans?

How long since we had a player who came and improved themselves or us??? Rashford (and he's home grown)

That's why home grown players are important. Not only do they save money, they help avoid the sense of your club just being a random ever changing cast of characters. Next season, we could have Rashford, Lingard, McTominay, Fosu-Mensah, and Tuanzebe in the squad, plus Pogba, depending on if you feel he's properly home-grown.
Snoopcousins
Legend

...and Angel needs integrating into the first team
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
redzebs
Legend

Fosu Tuanzabe Shaw all need PROPER runs, Shaw at least for me, the test of the season,

He’ll be the only one if shoes fucks off for some 29 year old from Deportivo who can play lb or cdm or done shite, I’ll be annoyed at.

The defence is being highlighted because our first choice players have been injured.

But also because our midfield is so easy to bypass, Matic is having a mare at the minute but tbf only young McT or Herrera when he’s fit gives him any help.

And kicking 30 as a dm, our style of hoofing it then it coming straight back at Matic on his own against at least three players usually, probably has him fuckin busted.

I’d bin Blind, Smalling, Fellani, Damian, Carrick and Ibra are going,

Bearing in mind, if there’s a chance the next manager might be taking over a team were 6 or 7 of our regulars will still all be young, there’s no point binning Lingard etc.

He’s improved enough to warrant a squaddie place and if he improves more, who knows what someone else might get out of him, keep Young and Valencia as back ups,

Shaw and Fosu as full backs.

Perriera to come back. Tuanzabe to get fit.

Sign another/preferably younger dm and another box to box midfielder and a more traditional wide man and that’s all I think we can ask for.

If that team can’t cut it, well then there’s no point spending more.
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
bman2
Legend

I had a lot of time for Shaw until I saw him lumber onto the pitch against Palace, looking like he just got off the sofa. I think that ship his failed, and not even his fault maybe, with the injury and all.

What would anyone on this board have said, five years ago when Fergie was waving goodbye, that in five seasons time we’d regularly be playing a back four of young - smalling -Jones - Valencia.
Lazarus
Legend

Rojo is getting a new deal.

Wasn't he on some peoples dross list?
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
FuB
Site Admin

bman2 wrote: 6 years ago I had a lot of time for Shaw until I saw him lumber onto the pitch against Palace, looking like he just got off the sofa. I think that ship his failed, and not even his fault maybe, with the injury and all.

What would anyone on this board have said, five years ago when Fergie was waving goodbye, that in five seasons time we’d regularly be playing a back four of young - smalling -Jones - Valencia.
where else is he going to be able to eat that family sized bag of crisps in comfort?
NQAT's official artificial intelligence