dozer
Legend

Finally we've signed a centre back. Deadline day dunne deal

dozer
Legend

Also smalling is gone.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

fat maradona wrote: 3 years ago Smalling deal done, €15m + add ons. Could rise to as much as £18m in total. The way we dragged this transfer out over a couple of £mm for a lad that has been with us for 10 years shows how the recruitment department work.

Balague delivered some great news though, I'm happy to read this:

Good news on Dembele. We don't want players that don't want to play for us.
dozer
Legend

Transfer window will open up again in about 11 weeks. :))
Jason
Star Man

Is my thinking behind dembele not accepting the extra year correct, in the sense that its probably his agent who is saying don't sign the extension, and in 2022, he can negotiate his a nice bumper deal with another club due to no transfer fee, and the agent can get his cut as well?

What reason would he not want to sign an extra year? I'd have thought someone as injury prone as him would have been happy enough to get an extra years wage guaranteed!
dozer
Legend

jason_uk wrote: 3 years ago Is my thinking behind dembele not accepting the extra year correct, in the sense that its probably his agent who is saying don't sign the extension, and in 2022, he can negotiate his a nice bumper deal with another club due to no transfer fee, and the agent can get his cut as well?

What reason would he not want to sign an extra year? I'd have thought someone as injury prone as him would have been happy enough to get an extra years wage guaranteed!
He's too high profile. Clubs will sign him. He doesn't need this guaranteed wages ffs.
He waits for an other year and he can dictate terms when it comes to wages
dozer
Legend

At least Smalling is gone. One crap defender out. Ton more to go!
bman2
Legend

Good that Smalling is gone. I’m ok us being stubborn. At some point we had to break the reputation for being mugs. There’s reports now of people in the sport complaining we’ve gone from one extreme to the other, but maybe it’s necessary for us to get a reputation for being tight in order to stop being taken for a ride. It meant that there’d be a summer where we didn’t get what we want, and I guess that’s now.
bman2
Legend

Disappointing about Sancho. But Dortmund were asking for a lot. And this August 10th deadline was shite too. I wish we'd had a second choice we just moved on instead. But think how well Sancho would have had to do to justify £120M in the year of coronavirus?

I think ticket sales are a huge part of Dortmund's revenue. Hopefully the cunts are broke next summer and we can pick over their talent, with other clubs too.
dozer
Legend

Sancho is worth 60m. Not 108m
Glad we didn't sign another dortmund jinx.
BTW. His type of player will work well. We have 3 strikers playing up front with 2 of them on the wing. Sancho is the kind of winger we need who can score and create.