Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
fat maradona
Legend

dozer wrote: 3 years ago Teden Mengi has been promoted to the first team. He looks really good (only YouTube, I know), and if we were shown a video compilation of him playing for an other club we'd probably be begging ole to sign him up.

If we're not getting a cb I'd rather we start him right away, partnering maguire rather than dealing with guaranteed failures in Bailly, Jones, Rojo, Smalling and guaranteed mediocrity in Lindelof.
He is very highly rated and I hope he turns out to be mustard. But didn't we all think that about Tuanzebe 3 years ago? Tbf, Axel has a shite injury record and this hasn't helped. He's missed almost two seasons now, which is a lot for a 22 year old.

This will be the theme going forwards, we won't buy anyone who improves the first 11 and allows us to challenge but instead we will promote promising yoot into the squad. All very admirable but only really works if the yoot are genuinely top players. It works at Bayern, Ajax et al but I'm positive that they have better coaching than we do.
dozer
Legend

fat maradona wrote: 3 years ago
dozer wrote: 3 years ago Teden Mengi has been promoted to the first team. He looks really good (only YouTube, I know), and if we were shown a video compilation of him playing for an other club we'd probably be begging ole to sign him up.

If we're not getting a cb I'd rather we start him right away, partnering maguire rather than dealing with guaranteed failures in Bailly, Jones, Rojo, Smalling and guaranteed mediocrity in Lindelof.
He is very highly rated and I hope he turns out to be mustard. But didn't we all think that about Tuanzebe 3 years ago? Tbf, Axel has a shite injury record and this hasn't helped. He's missed almost two seasons now, which is a lot for a 22 year old.

This will be the theme going forwards, we won't buy anyone who improves the first 11 and allows us to challenge but instead we will promote promising yoot into the squad. All very admirable but only really works if the yoot are genuinely top players. It works at Bayern, Ajax et al but I'm positive that they have better coaching than we do.
At least having talented players prevents us from panic buying mediocre players. That alone is a big win - and it looks like our new set of players are talented.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Based on ours and everybody else's business, we're competing for 4th place, at best.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Reports we've agreed personal terms with Telles, just need to sort out a fee.

He's much more attacking than Reguilon. Last season he got 13 goals and 12 assists. Brilliant for a left back.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

I’d prefer Telles to Reguillon, but lets see.

Liverpool are signing Jota for 45m from Wolves. That’s a cracking buy, and for all that we’ve been dicking about with Sancho for 100m, that would have been a better deal. Can play anywhere across the front.

Jota adds real depth, and Thiago gives them a world class type of midfielder that they‘be been lacking. They’ll pull even further ahead of us this season.
Twisted Blood
First Teamer

The Thiago deal is strange to me. For the player mainly. Why leave the European champions? Was the “new challenge” stuff a come and get me plea to Pep or Barca that went unanswered? And 20 mil is a steal. Sure he’s 29 but so is the Napoli center half and so one has said he’s going for less than 80.

Neither of these guys will feature for a while. Koop has to get them into gegenpressing shape. We didn’t see Fabinho till January and that was with a proper preseason.

Hope the Telles thing is real. Bale doesn’t concern me at all. Turns out he has an injury now. Big surprise. He’ll be Spurs’ Alexis.

Right wing still needs to be sorted. We’re down to Costa or Coman. Unless Woodward feels the pressure and does a last minute Sancho deal for full price (a la Fernandez) or over full price (a la Fellaini). I’ve given up on a DM or. center half. Hope one of Tuanzabe, Mengi or Bailly can do the business.
Twisted Blood
First Teamer

On clearouts: can’t believe we can’t move Smalling. Saw a report that Inter might also be interested. It also suggested a swap deal for Perisic and we know those never happen. Wondered if with VDB here, does that make Mata expendable? Not sure how sky high his wages are but he could go out the door. I’m resigned to the fact that unless we do a Bale-like loan for the following, we’ll never be shot of them: Jones, Pereira, Lingard, Rojo. Even if we cover 50% of their wages with a minimal/no fee, it would still be a huge cost savings. Maybe as much as 200K which would cover the wage demands of someone like Thiago .
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Edfuckingwoodward wrote: 3 years ago I’d prefer Telles to Reguillon, but lets see.

Liverpool are signing Jota for 45m from Wolves. That’s a cracking buy, and for all that we’ve been dicking about with Sancho for 100m, that would have been a better deal. Can play anywhere across the front.

Jota adds real depth, and Thiago gives them a world class type of midfielder that they‘be been lacking. They’ll pull even further ahead of us this season.
And it doesn't look like City have signed anyone to sort out their flaws, so I reckon Liverpool will win the league again this season
dozer
Legend

Who wants Sancho now guys?
Let's buy Sancho and ignore the rest of the team.
VDB looks sharp but we should have bought a centre back, left back and winger.
Rashford and Lindelof were both crap. Lindelof has probably done us a favour.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Lindelhoof has to go before the window closes

We're shite, but with Lindelhoof in the 11 we're always gonna be doomed