Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
dozer
Legend

He looks a lot more talented than Rashford or anyone the academy's served up in the last couple of decades
swampash
Legend

I'd still like to see him get a run of games where he plays a full 90 minutes.
Cannot for the life of me understand why the hobbit subbed him straight after the goal. Why not let him play out the full 90 minutes and further build his confidence with the chance of another goal?
bman2
Legend

I've my doubts about Ole as our manager, but he's been good with the young players and the teenagers. Given them plenty of time. I'm not bother by the prospect of the kid with all the hair leaving, for example. He was hyped up, but he's had plenty of chances and shown nothing. Maybe he'll end up being good, but he's apparently thrown a strop and wants out when he's actually had a lot of chances in a position (right wing) that we're so thin in that he could easy make it his if he was good enough now. It's not like when Pogba left, when it was clear he was ready for proper football and not getting the minutes because Ferguson was getting clapped out and relying on his old dependable for one last title.
dozer
Legend

bman2 wrote: 4 years ago I've my doubts about Ole as our manager, but he's been good with the young players and the teenagers. Given them plenty of time. I'm not bother by the prospect of the kid with all the hair leaving, for example. He was hyped up, but he's had plenty of chances and shown nothing. Maybe he'll end up being good, but he's apparently thrown a strop and wants out when he's actually had a lot of chances in a position (right wing) that we're so thin in that he could easy make it his if he was good enough now. It's not like when Pogba left, when it was clear he was ready for proper football and not getting the minutes because Ferguson was getting clapped out and relying on his old dependable for one last title.
In hindsight, Fergie was spot on in not playing him. He probably only wanted him to sign a contract to sell him for a fee
fat maradona
Legend

bman2 wrote: 4 years ago It's not like when Pogba left, when it was clear he was ready for proper football and not getting the minutes because Ferguson was getting clapped out and relying on his old dependable for one last title.
I think there was a lot more to it than just playing minutes. From what I had read on it, Pogba was being very arrogant and his agent was being a proper cunt. And so Fergie, doing what Fergie did best, put the club before the player.

PS - I don't rate Chong neither but I'd rather he played than Dan 'I fall over as soon as I get the ball' James.
dozer
Legend

Nah, James is crap but he looks much better than Chong.
marlon
Legend

What happened to Gomes? He was better than Chong anyway
swampash
Legend

Chang and Gomez are both crap imho.
fat maradona
Legend

marlon wrote: 4 years ago What happened to Gomes? He was better than Chong anyway
Didn't Ole say he was too lightweight? Scholes, nor Messi, are exactly shithouses. Gomes is supposed to be one of the most skilful lads to come through the youth system but yet isn't given a fair run but Luke Chadwick MkII starts every game.
dozer
Legend

fat maradona wrote: 4 years ago
marlon wrote: 4 years ago What happened to Gomes? He was better than Chong anyway
Didn't Ole say he was too lightweight? Scholes, nor Messi, are exactly shithouses. Gomes is supposed to be one of the most skilful lads to come through the youth system but yet isn't given a fair run but Luke Chadwick MkII starts every game.
Ole's given plenty of games to youngsters so it's safe to believe that Gomes isn't ready to play for the first team yet OR he isn't considered that good by the staff.
I don't know about that lightweight comment but it'll be an issue if the player isn't that skilled to compensate for this problem. Scholes and Messi were world class talent so it wouldn't impact them.
It looks like gomes probably isn't anywhere close to even Greenwood who isn't a butch player either.
I hope the reason is that he isn't ready yet like Scholes who only started in his early 20s. McT also only started when he was 21 I think.