Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

Lazarus wrote: 5 years ago Worst transfer window i can remember. I hope Fred is awesome there has to be some silver lining somewhere in this cluster fuck....
We sold Ronaldo and replaced him with Valencia and Michael Owen....

Relax, we’ve had worse!
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

NQAT's official saviour, International Lovemaker to the Stars and prince of cunts
marlon
Legend

brianofnazarethffs wrote: 5 years ago
Lazarus wrote: 5 years ago Worst transfer window i can remember. I hope Fred is awesome there has to be some silver lining somewhere in this cluster fuck....
We sold Ronaldo and replaced him with Valencia and Michael Owen....

Relax, we’ve had worse!
Lost Fergie and signed Fellaini!
marlon
Legend

bman2 wrote: 5 years ago I'm actually not too critical of the club. It's disappointing, but this window was fucked for everyone. Liverpool's window looks better because Keita is coming in, but they got him last summer. I can't see any player who moved that I feel we missed out on.
I'd rather we played Sanchez on the right, but as we're not, Mahrez/Anderson. Not a great wondow for defenders though.
marlon
Legend

Thats a very detailed briefiing. Can't argue with the reasoning for the individual players, but Varane or nothing is unbelievable. And, as everyone else has said, what on earth are the scouts doing?
marlon
Legend

Looks like Fosu-Mensah went to Fulham in the end. They had a great window. Basically brought in a new team for £100m
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Daniel Taylor has the telegraph article in more detail https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... _clipboard

I agree with the board, don't piss anymore money away on short term fixes and squaddies that cost around 70m ffs. Sign quality instead
swampash
Legend

Hmmm...difficult to disagree with the desire to build for the future. However, the board knew what they were getting when they brought JoMo in and he must have thought they would give him what he feels he needs to do the job he was hired for.
This doesn't auger well...
bman2
Legend

I think the club might be hedging for a third season Mourinho meltdown. Think how much worse it would be to drop the beat part of 150 M on two thirty year olds only for the manager to walk out in November.

Ribalta leaving for St Petersburg is not a good sign, he was the guy who was supposed to bring some order to our transfer business.

We need a manager who wants to develop younger players, it’s what supporters want and it’s the only long term affordable approach now, but also a manager who’s relatively young and on the upswing of his career.
Steggo
First Teamer

As I suspect,the board want him out but obviously have left it too late. No doubt they hope he'll jump before pushed.And I agree with them-buying over rated,over valued players to fill gaps short term is not the way. Varane is exactly the type of player we should be getting,not some over the hill player like Godin. Besides there is enough talent in the current squad to at least make a decent attempt this season. But we won't because of Mourinho.