Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
swampash
Legend

bman2 wrote: 1 year ago Hadn't occurred to me, but now I could definitely see Ron going to Chelsea. I can't tell if Chelsea have any money, they haven't bought anyone yet.
Much more likely he’ll go to Chelsea than Bayern imho.
bman2
Legend

He's the kind of proper midfielder we haven't had since Carrick, and in the right team has the quality to be seen as one of the best in the world. I see him as a sort of deeper-playing Modric or Scholes type. His vital quality is his passing and ability to control games. He's not gonna be a tackling action man type though. So he's the kind of player that will be seen as top quality if he's in the right team, but will also be criticised as a soft shite mediocrity if the rest of our squad doesn't become a well organised unit.

TH obviously sees him as essential. So there's no point signing up TH if the club isn't going to sign a player like this for him. I like the vision TH has for United. I really want to support a team that plays like that. Hope it works!
bman2
Legend

swampash wrote: 1 year ago
bman2 wrote: 1 year ago Hadn't occurred to me, but now I could definitely see Ron going to Chelsea. I can't tell if Chelsea have any money, they haven't bought anyone yet.
Much more likely he’ll go to Chelsea than Bayern imho.
Ron's entourage will probably turn up the pressure as the summer goes on. If he's not impressed by our signings, he could well pull the trigger late in the window. But although it's going to be annoying as a United supporter to go through that, and it might feel like disloyalty, you could also look at it from another perspective and say that Ron's interests and the supporters' interests are actually quite closely aligned. Not identical, but a lot more closely aligned than either is with the owners. If Ron throwing a strop makes the difference in the getting the club to buy another needed player, that's a good thing. But we don't need him forcing the club to buy marquee players in a doomed bid to win the league next season. Like everything, it's all a question of how far things go.
Jason
Star Man

Can only hope the ebiowei links were bollocks, as if they weren't, and he's chosen fucking Palace over us, what kind of indication does that give to our current situation!
fat maradona
Legend

THE SUN - Manchester United have rejected a sensational request from Barcelona for England defender Harry Maguire to be included in any deal to sign midfielder Frenkie de Jong.

Imagine if Barca really did want Maguire.....
fat maradona
Legend

Just as incredible is that Fulham are happy to pay £11m for Pereira.
swampash
Legend

fat maradona wrote: 1 year ago THE SUN - Manchester United have rejected a sensational request from Barcelona for England defender Harry Maguire to be included in any deal to sign midfielder Frenkie de Jong.

If only...
bman2
Legend

swampash wrote: 1 year ago
fat maradona wrote: 1 year ago THE SUN - Manchester United have rejected a sensational request from Barcelona for England defender Harry Maguire to be included in any deal to sign midfielder Frenkie de Jong.

If only...
Deal of the century that would be!
fat maradona
Legend

Reading that we've hijacked the Malacia deal to Lyon....Feyernoord have agreed to sell to us is Malacia wants to come United. He's got the same agent as Frenkie and so I can see it happening.

Also reading that the De Jong fee is £54m upfront and potentially rising to a total of £74m if all add ons happen. That's not a bad fee considering the quality and age he is.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Hag will know what he wants. Left back doesn't seem a priority to me. Not that I rate Telles, and Shaw is cold more than he's hot but an in form and fit Shaw should be a good fit for Hag's style. I'd have thought a new left back would be one for next summer. But hey ho. There are very few of these cunts I'm bothered about keeping.