Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
dozer
Legend

sheesh wrote: 1 year ago
Sid wrote: 1 year ago If Pogba goes back to Juve then it's a symbol of the horrendous neglect and mismanagement of United under these rat cunts

It should be held up as an example of why they shouldn't be allowed to run a club

He left for nothing, we buy him back for 89m, then he leaves again for nothing - having underperformed throughout that time but was one of the world's highest earning players

It's just staggering. No wonder other clubs and agents didn't respect Ed - or United. We've had the piss ripped out of us for years.
I'm pretty sure he said 2 or 3 years ago - fairly openly - that he wanted to leave. The club wouldn't let him go.

Why Matt Judge (or another idiot) then thought it would be a good idea to offer him a new contract is beyond me.
Yeah. Pogba did us a favour (relatively speaking), by not signing that contract.
I wouldn't hold the Pogba transfer as an example. We've had much worse. At least he's leaving.
The examples are those players who are at the club for very long periods and have their contracts extended in spite of being average to crap.
We have so many of them.
fat maradona
Legend

sheesh wrote: 1 year ago
I have no idea how good he is but had seen that we were linked with him.
This would be a good transfer but only if the fee is around £40m. He's quick as fuck and really comfortable on the ball, exactly the opposite of Maguire. Think Bayern were interested in him so he must be good, yeh?
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Looks like we're genuinely interested in Timber. He's perfect for playing a high line, it's all he's known. Him and Varane would on paper at least be mint. Pace, strength, technique etc. An essential piece of the puzzle for Hags philosophy.

The only real worry is the fact he's 5ft 10 so might struggle with balls in the air. But then there's not as many hoofs in the Prem anymore so it might not be much of an issue.
Jason
Star Man

Sid wrote: 1 year ago Looks like we're genuinely interested in Timber. He's perfect for playing a high line, it's all he's known. Him and Varane would on paper at least be mint. Pace, strength, technique etc. An essential piece of the puzzle for Hags philosophy.

The only real worry is the fact he's 5ft 10 so might struggle with balls in the air. But then there's not as many hoofs in the Prem anymore so it might not be much of an issue.
I thought he was a RB, but googling seems to suggest he is a CB, who can play as RB.

Are we signing him to partner Varane, or replace AWB/Dalot.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

jason_uk wrote: 1 year ago
Sid wrote: 1 year ago Looks like we're genuinely interested in Timber. He's perfect for playing a high line, it's all he's known. Him and Varane would on paper at least be mint. Pace, strength, technique etc. An essential piece of the puzzle for Hags philosophy.

I thought he was a RB, but googling seems to suggest he is a CB, who can play as RB.

Are we signing him to partner Varane, or replace AWB/Dalot.
I might have got a bit carried away thinking / praying he was a replacement for Maguire tbf. Hag could use him as a right back. But he really needs a modern CB if he's going to play a high line high pressing game. He must get one this summer or next season will be ropey as fuck.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Timber is a centre back, but he's mobile enough and technical enough that he's occasionally played at Right Back and in Midfield.
bman2
Legend

I heard it said a week or so back that TH wanted a CB as well as a flexible defender. Based on how you’re describing him, Timber might be the flexible player he wants in defense.
dozer
Legend

bman2 wrote: 1 year ago I heard it said a week or so back that TH wanted a CB as well as a flexible defender. Based on how you’re describing him, Timber might be the flexible player he wants in defense.
Timber can't be more flexible than a Fridge.
swampash
Legend

dozer wrote: 1 year ago
bman2 wrote: 1 year ago I heard it said a week or so back that TH wanted a CB as well as a flexible defender. Based on how you’re describing him, Timber might be the flexible player he wants in defense.
Timber can't be more flexible than a Fridge.
...now that is really quite funny dozer!
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Mbappe signs new PSG deal. The qatari state has given him a 100m signing on fee. That's a whole new level of bullshit.

So to sign him you're probably looking at a transfer fee of 150/200m , plus a 100m signing on fee.

Not to mention the deal breaks FFP. PSG made a 220m loss last year. They can't afford their wage bill, let alone the new Mbappe deal. It's just blatant cheating.

It's a cliche but the game's gone, lads