Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
swampash
Legend

If you just look at what other clubs have done this window

https://www.theguardian.com/football/wh ... fer-window

it is abundantly clear we are well and truly fucked.
dozer
Legend

swampash wrote: 3 years ago
dozer wrote: 3 years ago
swampash wrote: 3 years ago Okay dozer - bet is on. £10 [to any legit charity and preferably one on the Just Giving website, so you can check I make the anonymous payment], says we will not finish above 7th by Christmas. Shall we make it the position after Boxing Day games?
Why not end of season? Or the position when Ole gets sacked. Whichever comes first.
I fancy a Boxing Day bet to back up my earlier posts about mid table at Christmas. After I've taken your tenner we could then have a double-or-quits bet on the end of the season.
Game on?
Ok. I thought you meant he'll get sacked by christmas but for some reason assumed the position was for end of season. But I'll take the bet.
6th or above, I win, after boxing day games. Ole has a tendency to go on a super run, hopefully it happens much before christmas.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

I think Dozer wins that bet, Swamps. He's gonna relieve you of a tenner.
swampash
Legend

swampash wrote: 3 years ago Okay dozer - bet is on. £10 [to any legit charity and preferably one on the Just Giving website, so you can check I make the anonymous payment], says we will not finish above 7th by Christmas. Shall we make it the position after Boxing Day games?
Why not end of season? Or the position when Ole gets sacked. Whichever comes first.
I fancy a Boxing Day bet to back up my earlier posts about mid table at Christmas. After I've taken your tenner we could then have a double-or-quits bet on the end of the season.
Game on?
Ok. I thought you meant he'll get sacked by christmas but for some reason assumed the position was for end of season. But I'll take the bet.
6th or above, I win, after boxing day games. Ole has a tendency to go on a super run, hopefully it happens much before christmas.
Done.
swampash
Legend

Sid wrote: 3 years ago I think Dozer wins that bet, Swamps. He's gonna relieve you of a tenner.
Perhaps he will.
At least it adds a bit of entertainment to what is otherwise a pretty depressing state of affairs.
fat maradona
Legend

Talk of Lingard going on loan to Porto, 1 year deal with option of 2nd year. Could be a good move for him.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Sid wrote: 3 years ago I think Dozer wins that bet, Swamps. He's gonna relieve you of a tenner.
Perhaps he will.
At least it adds a bit of entertainment to what is otherwise a pretty depressing state of affairs.
True that. Maybe we should all give it a go, create a bit of drama.

In 10 years time I can blame United for my gambling addiction
bman2
Legend

fat maradona wrote: 3 years ago Talk of Lingard going on loan to Porto, 1 year deal with option of 2nd year. Could be a good move for him.
Is the window still open in Portugal?
bman2
Legend

So it’s been leaked that Ole’s targets were Sancho, Grealish, and either Ake or Upamecano. I’m not sure if it was useful to stick to those targets tbh. Sancho and Grealish were very expensive. Villa wanted £80m for Grealish. If he wanted Grealish he should be fine with van de Beek. Upamecano does look good.

But the club is also massively incompetent in transfers. City signed Ake at the beginning of the window just to lock him down, and then went and pursued higher priority CB targets.

I mean you have to wonder what our transfer people actually did until the last couple of days of the window. Apart from VDB, all of our signings were done on the last day.
Last edited by bman2 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
dozer
Legend

Sid wrote: 3 years ago
Perhaps he will.
True that. Maybe we should all give it a go, create a bit of drama.

In 10 years time I can blame United for my gambling addiction
Well? Are you betting then?