[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III - Page 1657 - United Rant

Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat

Moderators: Alfonso Bedoya, brianofnazarethffs

Forum rules
swampash
Legend

Re: Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Postby swampash » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:05 am

Zebs, you make some good points in defence of Martial, but if you were to play him through the middle we would need a different tactical set up with him deployed as a false 9 with inverted wingers either side. Martial is not a Jose style centre forward. Trouble is we don’t have inverted wingers in the classic Ribery and Robben style.
Is it a matter of having too many square pegs and round holes?
I'm only wearing black until they discover something darker...

redzebs
Legend

Postby redzebs » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:22 am

And if this was a Fergie team, even with these players, there’d be the odd sly dig and nominated player to bully and it’d would still be Lingard but fuck me, free, not on crazy wages, don’t think would ever ask to leave, doesnt rick the boat and maybe it’s all the changing of managers but seems to be a late bloomer but he’s literally 10 years and a day younger than me and I’m younger than Zlatan,

Right, then this season, suddenly he gets chances and it’s not oh it’s a shame because he’s a local lad and scores in cup semis and finals and big games but he’s just not good enough to one twos with Pogba, yes he gets on like a big kid but guess what? He still fucjin is,

Literally just turned 25, if he keeps this up or like most players improves and peaks at 27ish, and he’s still averaging or bettering a goal or assist every other game??? Fuck me, getting rid of that for a typical United £10 mill then watch him do really well for a mid table club then after a year move to a big side for £35-40 million, it’d be a cert.

Plus look at what playing with better players like Pogba like Zlatan like Mickey T for a while there and in training lol, even Rashford who’s only a kid, some of their wee bits of skill and control for English players, has been unreal.

See if this was 10 odd years ago and Fergie had spent all this money since on leaving a proper team,

Rashford and Lingard and Martial wouldn’t be getting as much game time but they’d be playing in a proper team and the fact that fans can remember individual chances is fucking embarrassing itself, games would have been put to bed and Rashford and Lingard and Martial would still be early frustrating like when people were slagging Ronaldo, I’m not comparing them btw ffs, I’m just saying, trying to beat every defender will eventually come out of their game. And they’d still frustrate a wee bit but then they’d score a class goal or set someone up with a wee flick and you wouldn’t even remember the mistakes.

Because we are so shite atm, EVERY mistake or Miss is highlighted to the nth degree.

Giggs first two seasons around Rashfords age and I’m talking, seasons after made his debut, everyone was buzzing about this kid, best since Best etc.

He played 38 games then 58 respectively, you know how many goals he scored? That was our two Prem winning years, proper team, dynasty had been founded.

25?

20?

15?

Nope, I think 7 and 11 from memory. And like I said, the dross teams have DOFs now, better players, more money, foreign scouting networks.

Rooney was a wee bit older but his comparable seasons and then even the next one when he was young but class, 17 goals 19 goals all comps.

That’s only 10/11 years ago.

Ronaldo 10 goals, 12 goals, it wasn’t until he was about two years older than Rashford he started putting up big numbers and I mean like 23 and look at that team he played in like fuck me.

Martial scored 17 when Ronaldo was scoring 10 and they were both similar starting out deeper or wider, you could make the argument Martial had more time at but bear in mind that was a fuckin LVG team with all sorts of cunts in midfield and attack! Never mind the definitely not free flowing fast football battering teams easy compared to LVGs slow build up.

We spunked for me, the only real money that doesn’t make sense on Lakaku because we clearly aren’t buying him to build the team around him which is what he needed. You pay an overall deal including player swap and outgoing players wages for a year bringing you up to near a £100 mill player for the finished article who suits you or is just so fucking good, long balls might not be great but he’s that good he’ll still make the most of any type of ball, your Agueros, your Susrez’s, your Torres’s, I’m not even going to say Kane because people have hindsight and once the Neymar deal fucked everything up, but if we had went on June 1st and said Mr Levy there’s £150 million, he’d have taken that kind of unheard of dough at that stage I think and bought a top player or two, obviously spunking the majority on a direct replacement.

But Lindelöf and Mickey T weren’t mega bucks and Mickey T with thst scorpion kick and of his highlights at OT when. He was running at defences beating 2 3 4 defenders easy.

Something isn’t right at our club but that wasn’t a bad buy. Even Delli Ali had a wee poor patch there.

If Nicjey at can’t handle it, he’s older so fair enough but I’d hate to sell him for fuckin £18 mill to Arsenal or someone like that and he takes over from Sanchez or Ozil or fills in for Corzola and gets the arm round the shoulder and has a blinder.

People need to go back to their heroes who played in better teams at that age and check their stats.

Even the likes Owen scored 23 in 44 or something like that, same age when Rashford was upfront he scored 8 but only in 18 games and I think Owen at Rashfords age now, played a few less games due to injury and selection but only scored 12 in 30 for that year.

I was sitting with my dad screaming at Rashford and I said Dad I don’t ever remember you telling me about this 20 year old African called Drogba,

In fact Drogba only hit double figures when he was a few years older than Rashford and only hit over 20, twice in his WHOLE Chelsea career.nn

So United fans need to remember hob
a lot of players are now and maybe cut them some slack.

Personally, I’d say thanks for the tr ophies and leaving us Pogba and getting Bsikey at the end of the season and get “Lucky” binned off and get a top quick technical forward to play with what we have and a young modern manager who can work and develop younger players like the returning Fosu and Perriera and the ones he just called up like Gómez Mitchell Gribbib
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.

redzebs
Legend

Postby redzebs » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:28 am

No Swampy because he played through the middle as a kid in his LVG season and he scored 18?

Lakaku you literally need to spoon feed him inside the box, Martial can make runs pulling defenders away, he’s more skikfull, he’s quicker etc., he can score from anywhere, Lakaku is a massive as in huge but he doesn’t have much in his arsenal except if you literally keep him in the box and build the team around him and drop feed him
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.

Davel
Legend

Postby Davel » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:23 pm

In footballing terms he`s old Zeb,well past his sellbuy date, should have had 8 years service by now (if you dont make it as a first team squad player by 18 the odds are stacked against you.
but get real hes fucking useless to boot, if he has to think he fumbles,
he`s had 2 good games in my living memory,dont give a fuck if he scored (i meen good games) not rebounds off his shin. games where he`s terrorised (owned) opponants. and £110k a week wages
is not silly to you,add to this garlicks £100k, felonys £110k,unmentionables £75k
Thats nearly the total gate profits on these 4 useless cunts,and theres another 6+ dross in the 24 man squad,which ties the club to a million in wage`s a week just on trash.
Sadly when the glaisers took us over it was a buisness venture, a money making enterprise,not a charity, Not sure what relationship mou had with the ruski at chelski,but no way on this earth will he have a blank checkbook here, and paying wages is all part of the spending,

bman2
Legend

Postby bman2 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:04 pm

Lingard has actually impressed me this season. 6 goals and 4 assists in just 837 league minutes, which is similar to Martial's numbers. Can come into the side cold after a few weeks on the sidelines and put in a good performance. Shows up for the big games like Arsenal. To be honest, he's playing like the player I thought we were getting in Mkhitaryan: quick, an intelligent pass and mover, good link-up man, even if he doesn't have outrageous skill. Scholes and Rio seem to really rate him. With our current squad, he'd be starter for me.

bman2
Legend

Postby bman2 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:10 pm

I would really like to see us add a player or two this window, somebody who might help rejuvenate things. Because right now we're on a downhill trajectory. Mourinho's teams have a tendency to flag in the second half of the season anyway, because he plays his core players as much as they are available. He's tended to win the league by putting in an amazing first half of the season, building a good lead on the rest of the teams, and then hanging on in the second half of the season, grinding it out.

That's why if it was possible to get someone like Ozil or Mahrez in the next few weeks, I'd be all in favour. Perhaps Mahrez isn't as good as a club of our ambitions should be looking for, but he's a dynamic player, definitely Champions League-worthy, and he'd fill that position on the right side of the attack perfectly. Ozil and Mahrez are both PL-experienced with that bit of game-changing attacking x-factor that might freshen things up. in theory not hugely expensive buys, by today's standards.

ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

Postby ashleyfuckingyoung » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:10 pm

Zaha has clearly kicked on since we sold him back to palace. I'm assuming we have buy back clauses involved.

Would we take him back?

Sid
Legend

Postby Sid » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:26 pm

Nah, fuck him

Sid
Legend

Postby Sid » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:28 pm

Mahrez is a decent shout Bman, but he doesn't do any defensive work when I've seen him play, so I can't see Van Mourinho being up for it

Sid
Legend

Postby Sid » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:20 pm

Looks like Coutinho is off to Barca. That's where Liverpool got the 75m Van Dijk money from then. They'll be fucked without him in some games. He's the difference between a draw and a win.

Big advantage for us and 4th place

Return to “The Rant Forum”