Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
Edfuckingwoodward
Legend

1 year ago

I'd let him have a centre back if she shifts one of Smalling or Jones on, that's it. We need more but he's had enough.

Let the cunt prove whether he still has it. If not - time to go and get someone else in, then back him.
Sid
Legend

1 year ago

I doubt he'd be that arsed if he got the boot. He's never settled. Last season Pep smashed what little love for football he had left after Madrid. He's almost given up already, said we can't beat City if they get 90 points. He also feels he hasn't been allowed to sign enough players, preseason is a disaster, the ballboys are too slow, the fans booed Lukaku, Pogba's lazy, Rashford misses chances, Martial isn't Messi... The list is endless. He's just not happy with anything. Nothing is good enough.

He should just fucking walk tbf, then he could move back in with his family and he'd be happy
marlon
Legend

1 year ago

Fosu and Tuanzebe look good again. Should sell Jones/Rojo to give them a chance. But we really should buy a LB. Shaw's lost 3 years of development now - he's 24 in a couple of weeks, entering his prime, and he's got the experience of a teenager, minus the potential. The time to give him a chance was the several months of meaningless football we played last season. Now as Dozer says, it's going to be Young, Rojo and Shaw. It's our weakest position and we're probably not even gambling on the unknown potential of Shaw. We've been linked with Alex Sandro all summer and there's rumours of a swap deal with Darmian, but he's 27 and never played a full season. I'm sure he'd be an improvement but spending 30-40m on a defender who through injury or shiteness hasn't once held down a spot in a team for a full season (and never seems to make the Brazil squad) is hardly exciting.

Don't understand why Periera is playing behind Herrera in preseason. Herrera lost whatever attacking instincts he had under Gaal, but is still a prolific ball winner, whereas Periera can actually pass and beat a man.

Martial looks like he's completely checked out. I'd keep him given Mourinho will be gone soon enough, but he's as miserable as Mourinho.
dozer
Legend

1 year ago

Lazarus wrote:
1 year ago
dozer wrote:
1 year ago
Lazarus wrote:
1 year ago
dozer wrote:
1 year ago
Let's also get rid of others who haven't stepped up like Mata, Herrera, Jones, Smalling, Rojo and Shaw. Especially Shaw.
Is this just wishful thinking or do you really believe he will??? And if he does is he going to buy replacements, six new players on top of the three he has already signed? Nine new players?

Our transfer policy is a fucking mess and that's one of the things Jose was going to sort out, we were told.......
It is wishfulness and I never said bring 6 more in did I? What happened to the ranters here wanting our youth team getting opportunities? Also we've only bought one player who's going to play regularly. Valencia will play over Digolo. So we can realistically expect at least 2 more first team players, preferably a right winger and a centre back. Let's assume we buy these 2 players.

Shaw isn't going to play anyway so we need a new left back ( 4th first teamer incoming) or we play Young and Rojo there.
Rojo goes only if we get a new left back or if we have a youth teamer who's decent enough as a backup. Also I hear Digolo can play left back.
Jones and Smalling out. We need a new centre back anyway.
Mata and Herrera out . Let Periera get opportunities as a backup. Also we need a new right winger.

So we buy a total of 3 first teamers including Fred. Doesn't seem too bad.
I never said you did, did I? ......no, i asked you a question.....

I don't get you going on about players like they're the problem. Jose is the problem, the board is the problem, the players are not our problem. You just watch the fallout when results and performances don't go Jose's way.

Btw how many players do you think we're buying and how many are leaving i've lost count trying to follow you or Jose's logic....?
These players are a problem Laz. Even if say Guardiola joined us, he'd very quickly ship out more players than the ones I listed.
Anyway... at least 5 more players out. Shaw, Jones, Smalling, Herrera and Mata. Rojo stays only because we need cover for our left back and CB positions.
At least 2 more first teamers in, i.e a right winger and a centre back.
Some youth teams to be given opportunities as cover, i.e. Tuanzebe, Pereira etc.
Lazarus
Legend

1 year ago

....... You don't know what Pep would have done with those players, your talking bollocks. Besides we have Jose not Pep... Jose kept Fella, this is his team now! Those players you are binning have been fucked about for five years by our club and it's assorted fuckwit managers.

If things go pear shaped this season it'll be another two years before whoever we get as manager starts to feel like it's their team and then you can throw all your current players under the bus as well because you'll be wanting the new shiny player not the old duffers who got us in this mess.

We've had fuck all consistency or planning for far too long. It feels like Jose is starting from scratch this season because he's shown us nothing for two years, is he coming this season with anything different or will it be the same old shite that depends on limited chances for our players?
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Lazarus
Legend

1 year ago

Here's Jose in his own words....

“We are not a team. We’re a group of players from different teams.”

“Some are first team, some Under-23s, some coming from loans and going on loan, some are younger, Under-18s. We don’t have a team to play much better than we did but [it’s] one more training session.”

Not a team after two years and plenty of opportunities to make the changes he feels we needed.
dozer
Legend

1 year ago

Lazarus wrote:
1 year ago
....... You don't know what Pep would have done with those players, your talking bollocks. Besides we have Jose not Pep... Jose kept Fella, this is his team now! Those players you are binning have been fucked about for five years by our club and it's assorted fuckwit managers.

If things go pear shaped this season it'll be another two years before whoever we get as manager starts to feel like it's their team and then you can throw all your current players under the bus as well because you'll be wanting the new shiny player not the old duffers who got us in this mess.

We've had fuck all consistency or planning for far too long. It feels like Jose is starting from scratch this season because he's shown us nothing for two years, is he coming this season with anything different or will it be the same old shite that depends on limited chances for our players?
Jones and Smalling have been crap even under Fergie.
Herrera has been mediocre under 3 managers.
Jose kept Fella, but he's played well under Gaal and Jose. Lukaku, Matic, Lingard have played well under Jose. Valencia, Young and DDG have played well under all our managers. Even Martial had a good season with Gaal. But the names I mentioned have been crap for a long time, no excuses, just because you think Jones is Dunc Edwards and Smalling is Rio. Nah, they're crap.
sheesh
Legend

1 year ago

Sid
Legend

1 year ago

Lazarus wrote:
1 year ago
Here's Jose in his own words....

“We are not a team. We’re a group of players from different teams.”

“Some are first team, some Under-23s, some coming from loans and going on loan, some are younger, Under-18s. We don’t have a team to play much better than we did but [it’s] one more training session.”

Not a team after two years and plenty of opportunities to make the changes he feels we needed.
Does he mean the team that's out on tour or the actual team we're going into the season with? Because if it's the latter fucking hell he's basically just admitted that he's done a shite job

I mean fans and pundits have been saying that for 2 years, but for it to come from the manager gives it authority, it gives the critics more ammunition and kills off any belief the players had

Even if he just means the team that's out on tour, he sounds ready to walk for me, I think he's fed up and wants to go home
Lazarus
Legend

1 year ago

dozer wrote:
1 year ago
Lazarus wrote:
1 year ago

Jones and Smalling have been crap even under Fergie.
Herrera has been mediocre under 3 managers.
Jose kept Fella, but he's played well under Gaal and Jose. Lukaku, Matic, Lingard have played well under Jose. Valencia, Young and DDG have played well under all our managers. Even Martial had a good season with Gaal. But the names I mentioned have been crap for a long time, no excuses, just because you think Jones is Dunc Edwards and Smalling is Rio. Nah, they're crap.
Your making a totally baseless argument about the relative merits of our players. None of our players have outstripped any of the others in their performance levels. Who has been an out standing player? For me Fella is limited but he has been doing pretty much as well as Pogba, Matic, Lukaku. All our players look lost and confused. Apart from DeGea, who has been consistent? All our players have much more to give but it's up to Jose to get it out of them and he's failed at that for two years.

As for saying i think, "Jones is Dunc Edwards and Smalling is Rio." bollocks! Where have i ever said that??? You don't have to take up the mantel of Rants Biggest liar now Snoops has disappeared. How about writing things you can stand over and stop being an idiot....?