Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

2 weeks ago

Looks like Toby may be on his way here; thoughts?
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

Rant's official saviour
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

2 weeks ago

brianofnazarethffs wrote:
2 weeks ago
Would be my first choice out of all the CBs we've been linked with. Don't think it'll happen though.
sheesh
Legend

2 weeks ago

brianofnazarethffs wrote:
2 weeks ago
Mourinho out
Lazarus
Legend

2 weeks ago

marlon wrote:
2 weeks ago
bman2 wrote:
2 weeks ago
Twats at City set the precedent of £50-60M being the going rate for any senior level fullback, and none of the names being put about seemed all that compelling to me. Your man Sandro at Juve doesn't seem to have ever put in a full season's worth of minutes, didn't make the Brazil squad, and was put about as our great LB hope.

Think going for a younger promising lad is the right way to go in the circumstances. Sessegnon and Tierney look good too, we should go in for them after they've had another season under their belt.
I disagree. That would be the better way of doing things ordinarily - if we were preparing to repalce Sanchez or Matic in a couple of years - but Young and Valencia are already past it. We've already gone young with Dalot so there's no point getting another RB, but Shaw is just a question mark and we know Young's not good enough. We need a left back who will be an upgrade this season. If there's a 20 year old who can do that, great, but it shouldn't be the limiting factor.
........enter Reece Devine (16) :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
"NO BILL POSTERS" [-X
swampash
Legend

2 weeks ago

bman2 wrote:
2 weeks ago
Twats at City set the precedent of £50-60M being the going rate for any senior level fullback, and none of the names being put about seemed all that compelling to me. Your man Sandro at Juve doesn't seem to have ever put in a full season's worth of minutes, didn't make the Brazil squad, and was put about as our great LB hope.

Think going for a younger promising lad is the right way to go in the circumstances. Sessegnon and Tierney look good too, we should go in for them after they've had another season under their belt.
Tierney sounds like a good call dozer...
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
Sid
Legend

2 weeks ago

"Because the other clubs that compete with us, they are really strong, or they already have fantastic teams and squads like Chelsea, Tottenham, Manchester City... or they are investing massively like for example Liverpool that is buying everything and everybody.

"So if we don't make our team better it will be a difficult season for us."

What a load of shit. He's spent nearly half a billion in 2 seasons.
urboystook1hellofabeating
First Teamer

1 week ago

So this looks like being a very underwhelming window prior to Jose's 3rd season...

We can't rely on Young as our back-up RB and first choice LB (I just can't see Shaw becoming the player he was set to be before his serious injuries, plus Jose doesn't fancy him much) - as Dalot is injured. I think Darmian will go before the European window closes. Also Smalling was good for one season with Blind under Van Gaal - he needs to go. As does Jones tbh. I would keep Rojo as he can play LB at a push and is better than both on his day (what a dramatic goal he scored in Russia btw!).
I would have also kept Blind - so Bailly, Lindelof, Alderweireld, Rojo as first choices, with Blind filling in at CB/LB or DM when needed (as Tuanzebe is back on loan it seems and so might Fosu-Mensah --- Herrera and Fellaini are not DMs, McTominay isn't good enough and Pereira would play it as more of a Regista --- STILL no proper Carrick replacement, unless Pereira becomes world-class).

But alas Blind went, Rojo is likely to be sold and Smalling & Jones are staying.
Fairly sure we will not be signing a LB.

---I think without players such as these, we can forget a title challenge and only hope for top 4:
Obviously most will not happen, time is running out, plus it's United so we would have to overpay...

Meunier (long-term RB and I believe Dalot can play both RB/LB)

Alderweireld (better than Maguire, cheaper and both PL and European experience, surely can't be more injury prone than Bailly)

Perisic/Willian (Perisic we should have got last year for £50m, the latter ex-Chelsea so hope that Jose could get the best out of him - lack of great RWs --why the flying fuck Sanchez won't play on the right is beyond me, the selfish plonker, and Mata could only work if a strong RB like Meunier [on occasion Valencia] bombs down that flank with Matic or Fred as cover).

The squad could then look like this - with good rotation keeping everyone happy especially Martial, lengthy injuries can also be a key factor so we need this type of quality depth-wise:

De Gea / Romero

Meunier / Valencia
Bailly / Lindelof
Alderweireld / Rojo
Dalot / Young / Shaw

Fred / Herrera / McTominay
Matic / Pereira
Pogba / Mata / Fellaini

Perisic / Lingard
Lukaku / Martial
Rashford / Sanchez

(---Anyone I've missed??)

---What do you guys think??
Lazarus
Legend

1 week ago

I think Jose is still the manager so it doesn't matter.....
"NO BILL POSTERS" [-X
urboystook1hellofabeating
First Teamer

1 week ago

=)) =)) =)) =)) =))