Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
User avatar
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend
Posts: 4895
Joined: 6 years ago

3 months ago

I don't buy that number - probably just positioning to try and send a message to clubs imposing a 'man united tax' when we ask after players.

Not that I'm arsed. Our problems are much deeper than whether its 100, 200 or 300m
User avatar
bman2
Legend
Posts: 7230
Joined: 6 years ago

3 months ago

Not so easy for us to shift players though, especially to get decent money for them.
User avatar
bman2
Legend
Posts: 7230
Joined: 6 years ago

3 months ago

Even before that rumour I was already thinking it might be bad if the club spent really big this summer, because the likelihood is that it would be poorly spent and leave us even more fucked. We need to stop digging a deeper hole.

There’s a god argument to be made for not worrying too much about buying a squad that can make top 4 next season, and instead focus on rebuilding the *club* as well as the squad, so that next summer you’d have a professional transfer system in place and money to spend. Problem with Unites though is that missing out on top 4 makes us even less appealing to potential transfers of the right caliber.
User avatar
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend
Posts: 5086
Joined: 6 years ago

3 months ago

if we don’t spend big ole should resign before the gobshites get another manager sacked, joey and gaal didn’t have the bollocks to do it
lkhm

hoofing
User avatar
Lazarus
Legend
Posts: 15615
Joined: 6 years ago

3 months ago

lkhmffsstopmovingabout wrote:
3 months ago
if we don’t spend big ole should resign before the gobshites get another manager sacked, joey and gaal didn’t have the bollocks to do it
I agree with this tbf. If he doesn't and decides to give it a go with what they give him then he's at fault for what happens. I said this about all the managers we've had recently, he knows what he's getting into, fuck him if he can't deliver better football.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
User avatar
swampash
Legend
Posts: 4325
Joined: 5 years ago

3 months ago

Been away for weeks with no internet access, so have missed all our transfer action. I guess by now we have cleared out the crap, sold on the mercenaries for top money, bought wisely to fix our well known weaknesses, appointed a DOF...????
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
User avatar
dozer
Legend
Posts: 5146
Joined: 6 years ago

3 months ago

swampash wrote:
3 months ago
Been away for weeks with no internet access, so have missed all our transfer action. I guess by now we have cleared out the crap, sold on the mercenaries for top money, bought wisely to fix our well known weaknesses, appointed a DOF...????
Fatter chance of this happening if you'd come out of a coma a decade later.
User avatar
dozer
Legend
Posts: 5146
Joined: 6 years ago

3 months ago

Lazarus wrote:
3 months ago
lkhmffsstopmovingabout wrote:
3 months ago
if we don’t spend big ole should resign before the gobshites get another manager sacked, joey and gaal didn’t have the bollocks to do it
I agree with this tbf. If he doesn't and decides to give it a go with what they give him then he's at fault for what happens. I said this about all the managers we've had recently, he knows what he's getting into, fuck him if he can't deliver better football.
If a manager resigns he gets no compensation. And that's usually close to 10m.
User avatar
swampash
Legend
Posts: 4325
Joined: 5 years ago

3 months ago

dozer wrote:
3 months ago
swampash wrote:
3 months ago
Been away for weeks with no internet access, so have missed all our transfer action. I guess by now we have cleared out the crap, sold on the mercenaries for top money, bought wisely to fix our well known weaknesses, appointed a DOF...????
Fatter chance of this happening if you'd come out of a coma a decade later.
...oh.
So nothing‘s changed then?
FFS...
Have we done anything? Surely must have done something by now...
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
User avatar
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend
Posts: 4895
Joined: 6 years ago

3 months ago

Course we've done something. Re-signed Mata. What more do you want FFS?
Post Reply