Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

3 weeks ago

I don't buy that number - probably just positioning to try and send a message to clubs imposing a 'man united tax' when we ask after players.

Not that I'm arsed. Our problems are much deeper than whether its 100, 200 or 300m
bman2
Legend

3 weeks ago

Not so easy for us to shift players though, especially to get decent money for them.
bman2
Legend

3 weeks ago

Even before that rumour I was already thinking it might be bad if the club spent really big this summer, because the likelihood is that it would be poorly spent and leave us even more fucked. We need to stop digging a deeper hole.

There’s a god argument to be made for not worrying too much about buying a squad that can make top 4 next season, and instead focus on rebuilding the *club* as well as the squad, so that next summer you’d have a professional transfer system in place and money to spend. Problem with Unites though is that missing out on top 4 makes us even less appealing to potential transfers of the right caliber.
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

3 weeks ago

if we don’t spend big ole should resign before the gobshites get another manager sacked, joey and gaal didn’t have the bollocks to do it
lkhm

hoofing
Lazarus
Legend

3 weeks ago

lkhmffsstopmovingabout wrote:
3 weeks ago
if we don’t spend big ole should resign before the gobshites get another manager sacked, joey and gaal didn’t have the bollocks to do it
I agree with this tbf. If he doesn't and decides to give it a go with what they give him then he's at fault for what happens. I said this about all the managers we've had recently, he knows what he's getting into, fuck him if he can't deliver better football.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
swampash
Legend

3 weeks ago

Been away for weeks with no internet access, so have missed all our transfer action. I guess by now we have cleared out the crap, sold on the mercenaries for top money, bought wisely to fix our well known weaknesses, appointed a DOF...????
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
dozer
Legend

3 weeks ago

swampash wrote:
3 weeks ago
Been away for weeks with no internet access, so have missed all our transfer action. I guess by now we have cleared out the crap, sold on the mercenaries for top money, bought wisely to fix our well known weaknesses, appointed a DOF...????
Fatter chance of this happening if you'd come out of a coma a decade later.
dozer
Legend

3 weeks ago

Lazarus wrote:
3 weeks ago
lkhmffsstopmovingabout wrote:
3 weeks ago
I agree with this tbf. If he doesn't and decides to give it a go with what they give him then he's at fault for what happens. I said this about all the managers we've had recently, he knows what he's getting into, fuck him if he can't deliver better football.
If a manager resigns he gets no compensation. And that's usually close to 10m.
swampash
Legend

3 weeks ago

dozer wrote:
3 weeks ago
swampash wrote:
3 weeks ago
Fatter chance of this happening if you'd come out of a coma a decade later.
...oh.
So nothing‘s changed then?
FFS...
Have we done anything? Surely must have done something by now...
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

3 weeks ago

Course we've done something. Re-signed Mata. What more do you want FFS?