brianofnazarethffs
Legend

3 months ago

Pikey McScum wrote:
3 months ago
Sky Sports linking us with some Southampton midfielder:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... midfielder
I know nothing of this cunt....
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

Rant's official saviour and International Lovemaker to the Stars
FuB
Legend

3 months ago

brianofnazarethffs wrote:
3 months ago
Pikey McScum wrote:
3 months ago
Sky Sports linking us with some Southampton midfielder:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... midfielder
I know nothing of this cunt....
glad you've popped in to let us know that, Bri
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
sheesh
Legend

3 months ago

He suffered from injuries whilst at Southampton, apparently. Great - just what we need :-s
bman2
Legend

3 months ago

Yeah forget Pogba, Sancho, Ndombele... James, Longstaff, and Lemina will get us back to the top. Or maybe Lemina is who we've turned to because Longstaff is more than 20M. Ole still thinks he's managing Cardiff.
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

3 months ago

Ex Juve. From what I've heard, hes got real ability but has lacked consistency.

Southampton pick up some real gems, their scouting system is good.

But I have zero faith in United and whatever it is we're trying to do.
bman2
Legend

3 months ago

Yeah he looks like a talent who hasn’t panned out yet, at 25, but we’re willing to take a punt on him.

I think the reality is the club is only willing to spend limited money. They might splash a bit on Wan Bissaka and Maguire because the recognise the defense is a mess, but that will only a few bob left over for all the other gaps in the team, so Ole is taking a gamble on the likes of James, Longstaff, Lemina. Maybe there’s something to the Bruno rumours, or maybe we’re too skint.
marlon
Legend

3 months ago

We spent less than 50m last summer and 4 of our top 6 highest earners want out which could get us ~300m in transfer fees as well. There'd be money even if they stayed. AWB and James were in the press for a while before they were done too, so it's not like we're moving quietly. We're genuinely just chasing average players, probably for their running. This summer is as depressing as the last one.
dozer
Legend

3 months ago

marlon wrote:
3 months ago
We spent less than 50m last summer and 4 of our top 6 highest earners want out which could get us ~300m in transfer fees as well. There'd be money even if they stayed. AWB and James were in the press for a while before they were done too, so it's not like we're moving quietly. We're genuinely just chasing average players, probably for their running. This summer is as depressing as the last one.
You;d rather we chase Griezmann, Neymar etc? We did chase and sign those kind of players and none of them worked out well.
One of the arguments against signing Fellaini was that no one wanted him, but he's been among our better signings post Fergie.
Pogba chose United over Real. We beat City for Sanchez, Fred and PSG for Di Maria. Big name signings haven't worked out.
fat maradona
First Teamer

3 months ago

dozer wrote:
3 months ago
marlon wrote:
3 months ago
You;d rather we chase Griezmann, Neymar etc? We did chase and sign those kind of players and none of them worked out well.
One of the arguments against signing Fellaini was that no one wanted him, but he's been among our better signings post Fergie.
Pogba chose United over Real. We beat City for Sanchez, Fred and PSG for Di Maria. Big name signings haven't worked out.
There's a big difference between the 'big names' you've mentioned and the likes of Maddison, Fernandes, Tielemans (players we SHOULD be signing) and the likes of Lemina, Longstaff and James (linked with or signed).
Pikey McScum
Star Man

3 months ago

From OGS press conference this morning:

"As far as I am aware, we don't have any bids for our players," said Solskjaer.

"We're Manchester United, we don't have to sell and don't have to overpay. You have to have the right players at the right price and if you look at the squad we've got now there are so many good players."

I CAN'T BELIEVE NO-ONE HAS BID FOR ASHLEY FUCKING YOUNG YET!?!?!?!?!
"that is probably the worst post ive ever read" - Knobby, 28th April 2015