Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
marlon
Legend

sheesh wrote: 4 years ago

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foo ... 05431.html - 'United to launch £50m bid for Fernandes over the next 3 weeks'

Take your sweet time, Ed X(
Doesn't the window close in 3 weeks? I don't see how Solskjaer's going to get his high pressing team with a midfield of Pogba, Fernandes and then Matic/McTominay. Can't see Martial working too hard either.
Lazarus
Legend

Sid wrote: 4 years ago
Pikey McScum wrote: 4 years ago I never got this whole thing about paying certain fees for players - "Oh ffs, can't believe we're paying so many million for that player!"

Who fucking cares, it's not my money!!
I don't get this idea that the money we spend is monopoly money, not actual real money

Fans act as if we're bankrolled by an oil rich state, not a serverely indebted club that's heavily reliant on sponsorships and gates, operating in a ridiculously inflated cut throat as fuck market were our rivals are literally trying to do us out of business and agents parasite off our wealth until we're out of business and they move on to another host

It's not just us, the Prem is full of this attitude because the league is swimming in cash. But it's wreckless as fuck, and it'll all end in tears.
Those are all the reasons i don't give a fuck about what we spend. The Glazers treat it like monopoly money not me. When it finally all ends in tears they won't be my tears.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

dozer wrote: 4 years ago Dennis Irwin has said United were never interested in Maguire and hinted that Ole is only after pacy players. His last 2 signings indicate that too.
Makes sense. Maguire is used to playing in a counter attacking team which is why he gets away with being slow. It doesn't matter much if the team sit deep. But it would become an issue if we play attacking football that goes forward and commits players. He'd also have little protection.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Lazarus wrote: 4 years ago
Sid wrote: 4 years ago
Pikey McScum wrote: 4 years ago I never got this whole thing about paying certain fees for players - "Oh ffs, can't believe we're paying so many million for that player!"

Who fucking cares, it's not my money!!
I don't get this idea that the money we spend is monopoly money, not actual real money

Fans act as if we're bankrolled by an oil rich state, not a serverely indebted club that's heavily reliant on sponsorships and gates, operating in a ridiculously inflated cut throat as fuck market were our rivals are literally trying to do us out of business and agents parasite off our wealth until we're out of business and they move on to another host

It's not just us, the Prem is full of this attitude because the league is swimming in cash. But it's wreckless as fuck, and it'll all end in tears.
Those are all the reasons i don't give a fuck about what we spend. The Glazers treat it like monopoly money not me. When it finally all ends in tears they won't be my tears.
Yeah I half think that too tbf. Fuck the Prem.
bman2
Legend

The club is saying they think De Gea will sign a new contract, but they've said that before. I think the intention is to hold onto Pogba for one season more at least. The club seems happy to offload Lukaku if they get a decent offer, probably think they can replace him with better for less money (Yedder?).

The plan seems to be to get a CB, Fernandes, plus A.N.Other midfielder. Right wing is a problem, but I think they really want Sancho (Ole likes his football, Woodward likes his commercial appeal) and intend to bodge it for a season and make him the main target next summer.

We probably score enough goals to get top four if we have a good defense, so it's not a terrible plan, if that's the plan.
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

geas obviously had a look around and seen no one wants a busted flush tbf

except utd tbf
lkhm

hoofing
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

bman2 wrote: 4 years ago The club is saying they think De Gea will sign a new contract, but they've said that before. I think the intention is to hold onto Pogba for one season more at least. The club seems happy to offload Lukaku if they get a decent offer, probably think they can replace him with better for less money (Yedder?).

The plan seems to be to get a CB, Fernandes, plus A.N.Other midfielder. Right wing is a problem, but I think they really want Sancho (Ole likes his football, Woodward likes his commercial appeal) and intend to bodge it for a season and make him the main target next summer.

We probably score enough goals to get top four if we have a good defense, so it's not a terrible plan, if that's the plan.
I think you're right about Sancho. He's only going to come if he sees we're a stable, improving and ambitious outfit. So he probably won't be here anytime soon! the club probably think that Wan-Bissaka will help give us more attacking threat down the right as he likes to get forward. The rest, they'll bodge with Lingard and Sanchez, or maybe hope that James or Chong has a breakthrough season.
bman2
Legend

ashleyfuckingyoung wrote: 4 years ago I think you're right about Sancho. He's only going to come if he sees we're a stable, improving and ambitious outfit. So he probably won't be here anytime soon! the club probably think that Wan-Bissaka will help give us more attacking threat down the right as he likes to get forward. The rest, they'll bodge with Lingard and Sanchez, or maybe hope that James or Chong has a breakthrough season.
Our attack is a bit like our CB options — we’ve loads of players, none of them fully convincing.
bman2
Legend

lkhmffsstopmovingabout wrote: 4 years ago geas obviously had a look around and seen no one wants a busted flush tbf

except utd tbf
Might be right that there weren’t takers. I’d have thought PSG would be interested though.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Inter are expected to make a new offer of £60m plus bonuses for Manchester United striker Romelu Lukaku this week, Sky Sports News has been told

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... us-bonuses

Take it. 60m for a CF that can't control the ball is decent. We'll never recoup the 75 to 100m Jose & Ed paid. We got done. He's still the most expensive CF in football after 2 years of inflation. So take the dosh and spend it on Sancho or a top CB. That will improve us a lot.