Page 1819 of 1946

Re: Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:59 am
by Sid
Snoopcousins wrote:
1 year ago
Ole has got 2 better defenders than we had ....
He also got Tuanzebe back from loan...
He CHOOSE to not buy a MF and also to let Hererra go.

All that would be fine if he was playing good football or competing for top 4 etc...but he’s 6 points from relegation and still smiling and waving
But you said Ed was in charge of transfers, not Jose. So I don't see why an inexperienced manager like Ole would be in charge of em if Jose wasn't

And if Jose wasn't backed when he bought an entirely new 11, what's Ole with just 3 players. Surely he deserves more time

Re: Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:01 am
by Sid
Snoopcousins wrote:
1 year ago
Sid wrote:
1 year ago
Snoopcousins wrote:
1 year ago
dozer wrote:
1 year ago
Ole's taken the risk of getting rid of some players who're better than what we have but don't fit in in the long run. He's tried the youth and only bought 3 players. His net spend is the least of all managers I think.
That should buy him time.
He still needs to get rid of more players. That'll happen I think every summer.

As it stands no manager we hire can take us forward.
That’s hiding the fact that he fucked up not buying a MF and the fact he’s useless tactically...

Also I’m not buying him playing youth- he’s playing Greenwood for last 5 mins in the PL, playing Jones and Lindelof ahead of Tuanzebe, playing a finished Mata ahead of Garner etc

He talks the talk -tells the fans what we want to hear but he does the opposite on the pitch
When Jose was manager you shifted the blame onto Ed and said he's not backing him, despite him signing 11 players in 2 and a half years

How come Ole is suddenly in charge of transfers and responsible for players bought, when Jose wasn't? Makes no sense
Joses last summer he got Fred, Dalot and Grant!!
He won 3 trophies (2) and came second before that...so no he wasn’t backed when he clearly had to spend to compete further....

Jose has now came out and said Fred wasn’t even his signing....
They gave him the highest wage bill in sport to spend and a brand new 11. And all he could manage was second rate trophies, except the big one, the charity shield

Bit late for trying to save his reputation

Re: Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:04 am
by Snoopcousins
Sid wrote:
1 year ago
Snoopcousins wrote:
1 year ago
Ole has got 2 better defenders than we had ....
He also got Tuanzebe back from loan...
He CHOOSE to not buy a MF and also to let Hererra go.

All that would be fine if he was playing good football or competing for top 4 etc...but he’s 6 points from relegation and still smiling and waving
But you said Ed was in charge of transfers, not Jose. So I don't see why an inexperienced manager like Ole would be in charge of em if Jose wasn't

And if Jose wasn't backed when he bought an entirely new 11, what's Ole with just 3 players. Surely he deserves more time
Jose made it clear he didn’t get the players he wanted in the end ...
Ole has made it clear he had the say in transfers in and out.

I’d rather have a manager who wanted the best players for the club - not a yes man

Re: Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:10 am
by Sid
Snoopcousins wrote:
1 year ago
Sid wrote:
1 year ago
Snoopcousins wrote:
1 year ago
Ole has got 2 better defenders than we had ....
He also got Tuanzebe back from loan...
He CHOOSE to not buy a MF and also to let Hererra go.

All that would be fine if he was playing good football or competing for top 4 etc...but he’s 6 points from relegation and still smiling and waving
But you said Ed was in charge of transfers, not Jose. So I don't see why an inexperienced manager like Ole would be in charge of em if Jose wasn't

And if Jose wasn't backed when he bought an entirely new 11, what's Ole with just 3 players. Surely he deserves more time
Jose made it clear he didn’t get the players he wanted in the end ...
Ole has made it clear he had the say in transfers in and out.

I’d rather have a manager who wanted the best players for the club - not a yes man
You can take one season in isolation and say he wasn't backed. But he'd signed 8 or 9 before that. It's not Eds fault if they're shite.

If Ole signs 11 players and has the biggest wage bill of all clubs in all sports, and the football was shit, I'd say so. The key is to not get emotionally attached.

Re: Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:20 am
by Snoopcousins
Haha that’s rich.
I’m not emotionally attached at all...tbf since Ole has been in charge I’ve fallen out of love completely with Utd.

Re: Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:21 am
by Sid
So Jose wasn't responsible for any signings, or the shite football, it was all Ed

But Ole is responsible for all his signings, and the style of football

Got it

Re: Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:47 am
by Snoopcousins
Sid wrote:
1 year ago
So Jose wasn't responsible for any signings, or the shite football, it was all Ed

But Ole is responsible for all his signings, and the style of football

Got it
Glad you’re enjoying the current boring football and league position!

Re: Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:43 pm
by dozer
Jose was better than Gaal but he did buy mediocre players with a very high wage bill. Mkhi/Sanchez, Lukaku, Pogba, Dalot, Fred, Ibra, Matic, Bailly and Lindelof
Most of them are shite, some did well for 1 season and the big names i.e. Sanchez, Pogba and Lukaku were overall shite.
There's not a single good signing in there. Not one.
What really hurt us is that Gaal had bought crap too, with a completely different system, and this extra pile of shite really really made things worse.

Re: Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:49 pm
by FuB
dozer wrote:
1 year ago
Jose was better than Gaal but he did buy mediocre players with a very high wage bill. Mkhi/Sanchez, Lukaku, Pogba, Dalot, Fred, Ibra, Matic, Bailly and Lindelof
Most of them are shite, some did well for 1 season and the big names i.e. Sanchez, Pogba and Lukaku were overall shite.
There's not a single good signing in there. Not one.
What really hurt us is that Gaal had bought crap too, with a completely different system, and this extra pile of shite really really made things worse.
Doesn't stop there though, does it? Moyes bought shite too (you'll no doubt disagree on Fellaini and bless Mata but he's never really fit in) and Ferguson left a load of shite to build upon.

Re: Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:10 pm
by dozer
FuB wrote:
1 year ago
dozer wrote:
1 year ago
Jose was better than Gaal but he did buy mediocre players with a very high wage bill. Mkhi/Sanchez, Lukaku, Pogba, Dalot, Fred, Ibra, Matic, Bailly and Lindelof
Most of them are shite, some did well for 1 season and the big names i.e. Sanchez, Pogba and Lukaku were overall shite.
There's not a single good signing in there. Not one.
What really hurt us is that Gaal had bought crap too, with a completely different system, and this extra pile of shite really really made things worse.
Doesn't stop there though, does it? Moyes bought shite too (you'll no doubt disagree on Fellaini and bless Mata but he's never really fit in) and Ferguson left a load of shite to build upon.
Moyes' signings didn't come across as mercenaries though.
Yeah, but it was Gaal and Jose who raked up the wage bill. They were particularly bad when it came to transfers.
They should be judged more harshly because they bought bigger names, spent more money and had more bad signings