Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
Edfuckingwoodward
Legend

2 months ago

dozer wrote:
2 months ago
I guess we don't need a right winger any more. That was my top priority signing for the next season.
We absolutely still do. The most important business we need to do this summer, is bring Sancho in.
dozer
Legend

2 months ago

Edfuckingwoodward wrote:
2 months ago
dozer wrote:
2 months ago
I guess we don't need a right winger any more. That was my top priority signing for the next season.
We absolutely still do. The most important business we need to do this summer, is bring Sancho in.
We need to replace Rashford and Martial. Let them fight for places. Actually you're right, we need a good right winger too if one is available. Not Sancho though. At least Greenwood has raised our standards. I only want a right winger if a top top player is available.
fat maradona
Star Man

2 months ago

dozer wrote:
2 months ago
Edfuckingwoodward wrote:
2 months ago
dozer wrote:
2 months ago
We need to replace Rashford and Martial. Let them fight for places. Actually you're right, we need a good right winger too if one is available. Not Sancho though. At least Greenwood has raised our standards. I only want a right winger if a top top player is available.
Dozer, I didn't have you down as a wum but you're proving yourself to be one. Your incessant 'Rashford and Martial are shit' drum banging is boring as fuck (nearly as boring as your 'Fellaini is amazing' drum banging).

Rashford hasn't come back in top form but before he was injured, he was one of the best left sided attackers in Europe. Martial has really upped his game since Fernandes joined, he was instrumental in Greenwood's goal last night and the old Martial wouldn't have done that. He was also unlucky not to score. And so I ask you the same question again, who do you propose we replace both Rashford and Martial with? Anyone who is a genuine improvement on those two (Mbappe, Salah, Suarez) are not attainable, either financially or they aren't going to leave their club for us.

And not Sancho though?! Seriously?! Do you even watch football?!
dozer
Legend

2 months ago

fat maradona wrote:
2 months ago
dozer wrote:
2 months ago
Edfuckingwoodward wrote:
2 months ago
dozer wrote:
2 months ago
Dozer, I didn't have you down as a wum but you're proving yourself to be one. Your incessant 'Rashford and Martial are shit' drum banging is boring as fuck (nearly as boring as your 'Fellaini is amazing' drum banging).

Rashford hasn't come back in top form but before he was injured, he was one of the best left sided attackers in Europe. Martial has really upped his game since Fernandes joined, he was instrumental in Greenwood's goal last night and the old Martial wouldn't have done that. He was also unlucky not to score. And so I ask you the same question again, who do you propose we replace both Rashford and Martial with? Anyone who is a genuine improvement on those two (Mbappe, Salah, Suarez) are not attainable, either financially or they aren't going to leave their club for us.

And not Sancho though?! Seriously?! Do you even watch football?!
I'm not wumming anyone.

I can't name replacements. I don't know who's available in other leagues but I'm sure there are promising players. But I can say if a player playing for us isn't doing well enough.
I wouldn't have recommended Bruno Fernandes for e.g. I didn't know about the guy. When he was linked, the youtube vids showed (to me) that he was decent but I wasn't convinced. It's youtube after all.
He turned out to be fantastic.

We need upcoming players like Bruno who can replace Martial and Rashford. I'm not falling for Martial's form now.. he's been mediocre like what? 6 years?
We can't trust him. Same goes for Rashford; in fact he looks even worse.
I'm not saying kick them out, but they shouldn't necessarily be starters. We need competition; and someone better (at least on paper).
If Martial improves and consistently does well, and better than the competition, he'll start. Otherwise he won't play. What's wrong with that?
Has Martial been consistent enough for you over these years for him to cement his spot without any top player to compete with?

Martial and Rashford are probably good enough for a team fighting for 4th place. If that's the bar then I'm good.

And Sancho... he might be good but I'm done trusting Dortmund players to make it elsewhere. 90% of these "world class" players turn out to be crap outside.
The only exception that immediately comes to mind is Lewandowski.
bman2
Legend

2 months ago

So when does the window open and close now the ?
swampash
Legend

2 months ago

You've got to rate dozer for consistency I guess...
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
bman2
Legend

2 months ago

Do we still need a CM? Is the club looking for one? If Pogba stays, do we need someone like Grealish? It would be nice to have better depth, no question about that, but will the club splurge that much?

Giving Matic a three year deal suggests Ole thinks Gardner is the future for DM. I’m fine with that. Matic seems to have recovered some mobility, though he’s never going to be the quickest obviously. It looks like he was struggling with an injury before when he looked really past it.
Edfuckingwoodward
Legend

2 months ago

If we lose Bruno, there's no one who even comes close to filling his boots. But I'm not convinced by Grealish. There's talk of James Rodriguez for about 30m - that would be a sensible deal to do, more so than 50/60m on Grealish.

The main one is Sancho. If we do nothing else this summer, we have to get him.
Sid
Legend

2 months ago

Grealish is shite
dozer
Legend

2 months ago

Agreed