Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
User avatar
bman2
Legend
Posts: 7826
Joined: 7 years ago

2 months ago

I’d prefer van de Beek from Ajax over Grealish.
User avatar
Edfuckingwoodward
Legend
Posts: 5486
Joined: 7 years ago

2 months ago

We're still 4-5 players short of being a title winning squad. A top centre half and right winger, a quality holding midfielder, and then 2 good players to cover in attacking midfield an up front. Possibly a new keeper too, though hopefully Henderson solves that problem.

Mata, Lingard, Sanchez, Smalling, Jones all need to be moved on.

Considerable business but all achievable over the next year or so (including 2 summers).

I can see Mata, Smalling and Lingard all moving on in the summer. Not sure Inter will be daft enough to pay Sancez's wages so we'll probably take a hot there. But if we can do that and sign 2, maybe 3 quality players in the summer, top 4 shouldn't be a problem. Then similar strengthening the following summer for a title tilt. do-able on paper, and we're on much better tracks now, but its still a lot to do. I'd love to see the club go all out to do as much of it as possible in the summer. Leverage our financial strength when its the biggest buyers market for years. won't happen though.
fat maradona
Star Man
Posts: 598
Joined: 7 years ago

2 months ago

Edfuckingwoodward wrote:
2 months ago
We're still 4-5 players short of being a title winning squad. A top centre half and right winger, a quality holding midfielder, and then 2 good players to cover in attacking midfield an up front. Possibly a new keeper too, though hopefully Henderson solves that problem.

Mata, Lingard, Sanchez, Smalling, Jones all need to be moved on.

Considerable business but all achievable over the next year or so (including 2 summers).

I can see Mata, Smalling and Lingard all moving on in the summer. Not sure Inter will be daft enough to pay Sancez's wages so we'll probably take a hot there. But if we can do that and sign 2, maybe 3 quality players in the summer, top 4 shouldn't be a problem. Then similar strengthening the following summer for a title tilt. do-able on paper, and we're on much better tracks now, but its still a lot to do. I'd love to see the club go all out to do as much of it as possible in the summer. Leverage our financial strength when its the biggest buyers market for years. won't happen though.
And then you wake up and remember we have the Glazers as owners and Woodward at the helm.....
User avatar
Sid
Legend
Posts: 24631
Joined: 7 years ago

2 months ago

bman2 wrote:
2 months ago
I’d prefer van de Beek from Ajax over Grealish.
Same
User avatar
Edfuckingwoodward
Legend
Posts: 5486
Joined: 7 years ago

2 months ago

fat maradona wrote:
2 months ago
Edfuckingwoodward wrote:
2 months ago
We're still 4-5 players short of being a title winning squad. A top centre half and right winger, a quality holding midfielder, and then 2 good players to cover in attacking midfield an up front. Possibly a new keeper too, though hopefully Henderson solves that problem.

Mata, Lingard, Sanchez, Smalling, Jones all need to be moved on.

Considerable business but all achievable over the next year or so (including 2 summers).

I can see Mata, Smalling and Lingard all moving on in the summer. Not sure Inter will be daft enough to pay Sancez's wages so we'll probably take a hot there. But if we can do that and sign 2, maybe 3 quality players in the summer, top 4 shouldn't be a problem. Then similar strengthening the following summer for a title tilt. do-able on paper, and we're on much better tracks now, but its still a lot to do. I'd love to see the club go all out to do as much of it as possible in the summer. Leverage our financial strength when its the biggest buyers market for years. won't happen though.
And then you wake up and remember we have the Glazers as owners and Woodward at the helm.....
Aye. Exactly.
User avatar
bman2
Legend
Posts: 7826
Joined: 7 years ago

2 months ago

Edfuckingwoodward wrote:
2 months ago
fat maradona wrote:
2 months ago
Edfuckingwoodward wrote:
2 months ago
We're still 4-5 players short of being a title winning squad. A top centre half and right winger, a quality holding midfielder, and then 2 good players to cover in attacking midfield an up front. Possibly a new keeper too, though hopefully Henderson solves that problem.

Mata, Lingard, Sanchez, Smalling, Jones all need to be moved on.

Considerable business but all achievable over the next year or so (including 2 summers).

I can see Mata, Smalling and Lingard all moving on in the summer. Not sure Inter will be daft enough to pay Sancez's wages so we'll probably take a hot there. But if we can do that and sign 2, maybe 3 quality players in the summer, top 4 shouldn't be a problem. Then similar strengthening the following summer for a title tilt. do-able on paper, and we're on much better tracks now, but its still a lot to do. I'd love to see the club go all out to do as much of it as possible in the summer. Leverage our financial strength when its the biggest buyers market for years. won't happen though.
And then you wake up and remember we have the Glazers as owners and Woodward at the helm.....
Aye. Exactly.
If we don’t finish top 4 we’re going to take a big financial hit, on top of corona. Bye bye Sancho, bye bye big spending.
User avatar
Sid
Legend
Posts: 24631
Joined: 7 years ago

2 months ago

bman2 wrote:
2 months ago
Edfuckingwoodward wrote:
2 months ago
fat maradona wrote:
2 months ago
Edfuckingwoodward wrote:
2 months ago
We're still 4-5 players short of being a title winning squad. A top centre half and right winger, a quality holding midfielder, and then 2 good players to cover in attacking midfield an up front. Possibly a new keeper too, though hopefully Henderson solves that problem.

Mata, Lingard, Sanchez, Smalling, Jones all need to be moved on.

Considerable business but all achievable over the next year or so (including 2 summers).

I can see Mata, Smalling and Lingard all moving on in the summer. Not sure Inter will be daft enough to pay Sancez's wages so we'll probably take a hot there. But if we can do that and sign 2, maybe 3 quality players in the summer, top 4 shouldn't be a problem. Then similar strengthening the following summer for a title tilt. do-able on paper, and we're on much better tracks now, but its still a lot to do. I'd love to see the club go all out to do as much of it as possible in the summer. Leverage our financial strength when its the biggest buyers market for years. won't happen though.
And then you wake up and remember we have the Glazers as owners and Woodward at the helm.....
Aye. Exactly.
If we don’t finish top 4 we’re going to take a big financial hit, on top of corona. Bye bye Sancho, bye bye big spending.
Ed on the pod said United are speculating losses of around 100-120m with TV rebates, sponsorship rebates, no gate for up to 6 months etc

We always say top 4 is vital but this season it really is in order to navigate the post covid world

A lot of clubs are fucked. For rich clubs we're probably looking at a period of stagnation, of missing out on top signings and maybe even selling players in order to balance the books. In this case we'd have to shelve plans to close in on City and Liverpool
User avatar
bman2
Legend
Posts: 7826
Joined: 7 years ago

2 months ago

I wonder if it would be a good idea to sign someone like Declan Rice, who can play as a CB or a DM. We could get him mostly for CB, but it would be handy to have him DM on occasion. It had already occurred to me before I read that Lampard was supposedly thinking of getting him to be a CB at Chelsea. The fact that he can play the ball should appeal to Ole.
User avatar
brianofnazarethffs
Legend
Posts: 4497
Joined: 7 years ago

1 month ago

need a clinical transfer window. Really big push and close the gap for next season. Now or never.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...


Rant's official saviour, International Lovemaker to the Stars and prince of cunts
User avatar
Sid
Legend
Posts: 24631
Joined: 7 years ago

1 month ago

Solskjær: "That’s another part of the Champions League - of course, financial gain. But that’s not in my head. The club know what I feel we need and we’re going to try and pursue it. So let’s see where we end up." #mulive
Post Reply