Manchester United chat
Sid
Legend

1 month ago

fat maradona wrote:
1 month ago
https://www.football365.com/news/andrea ... jaer-pleas

Fucking hope this is true.
I hope he goes too. He's had enough chances and he's not good enough.
bman2
Legend

1 month ago

We need to replace the players we’re offloading though. Sounds like Sancho isn’t happening.
Sid
Legend

1 month ago

bman2 wrote:
1 month ago
We need to replace the players we’re offloading though. Sounds like Sancho isn’t happening.
Has it not just got to the stage were it looks like it's off as both sides digging in, before Woodward caves and pays the original asking price on the last day of the window
bman2
Legend

1 month ago

Sid wrote:
1 month ago
bman2 wrote:
1 month ago
Has it not just got to the stage were it looks like it's off as both sides digging in, before Woodward caves and pays the original asking price on the last day of the window
Maybe, but Dortmund have been quite emphatic and public about insisting he’s staying. Best case scenario then is that it’s dragged out and he can’t get a good start to the season. But I’ve a feeling we’ve fucked this up.
dozer
Legend

1 month ago

Fans wanting us to do the same shite and splunk crazy money on one player proves that fans criticism has little to no logic. Then we'll blame the club for not buying defenders and midfielders.
Glazers aren't spending money etc. How much? 300m? Seems less considering Sancho will cost 120.
Edfuckingwoodward
Legend

1 month ago

Spending money isnt a problem. We SHOULD be spending money. We just have to do it much more effectively than we have in the past.

I don't see anything about the Sancho deal that doesnt make sense. Hes already a top player, he shows it in the CL as well as the Bundesliga. He's British, so the whole 'foreign player cant adjust to British life' thing is a non issue. It's a position and type of player we're chronically lacking in. And his age is perfect - its 100m, but you're talking 10 years service and the marketing value will mitigate the fee to a large extent.

It's a no brainer, we need to get it done.

And even with Covid, we still have the financial muscle to add 2-3 more players in key positions, for more modest fees.
bman2
Legend

1 month ago

Edfuckingwoodward wrote:
1 month ago
Spending money isnt a problem. We SHOULD be spending money. We just have to do it much more effectively than we have in the past.

I don't see anything about the Sancho deal that doesnt make sense. Hes already a top player, he shows it in the CL as well as the Bundesliga. He's British, so the whole 'foreign player cant adjust to British life' thing is a non issue. It's a position and type of player we're chronically lacking in. And his age is perfect - its 100m, but you're talking 10 years service and the marketing value will mitigate the fee to a large extent.

And even with Covid, we still have the financial muscle to add 2-3 more players in key positions, for more modest fees.
Yeah it might be the only deal of that size that I can get behind right now. It’s the equivalent of buying the new Rooney.

Still, I hope it’s not at the expense of getting anyone else. I think if we got just one other player it should be Declan Rice. He can play at DM or CB, and I’m even if you just play him at DM, it takes some pressure off our CBs. If there isn’t a good CB signing out there right now, no point forcing it.
dozer
Legend

1 month ago

I'd rather we buy 3-4 players rather than just one signing in Sancho. If that's the choice I'd pick the former.
Edfuckingwoodward
Legend

1 month ago

bman2 wrote:
1 month ago
Edfuckingwoodward wrote:
1 month ago

Yeah it might be the only deal of that size that I can get behind right now. It’s the equivalent of buying the new Rooney.

Still, I hope it’s not at the expense of getting anyone else. I think if we got just one other player it should be Declan Rice. He can play at DM or CB, and I’m even if you just play him at DM, it takes some pressure off our CBs. If there isn’t a good CB signing out there right now, no point forcing it.
I'm not sure on Rice. I think hes a touch over rated. I think there are more dynamic DMs out there, such as Partey at Athletico. 45m release clause too - I cant understand why we're not all over it.
bman2
Legend

1 month ago

Edfuckingwoodward wrote:
1 month ago
bman2 wrote:
1 month ago
Edfuckingwoodward wrote:
1 month ago

I'm not sure on Rice. I think hes a touch over rated. I think there are more dynamic DMs out there, such as Partey at Athletico. 45m release clause too - I cant understand why we're not all over it.
I think Rice is still only 20 or 21. So he’s still got a lot of potential growth in his game.