Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
bman2
Legend

1 month ago

Haaland has to be the ultimate priority. In 2022 he’ll have a 75m release clause. Obviously every club in the world will want him, but we should go all out to get him. He’s worth dealing with that prick of an agent.

Hypothetically, would you all prefer to sign Grealish or Sancho? In theory Sancho plays on the right, which we need more, but they’re both right-footed, so I’m not sure if there’s actually a huge difference in that respect.

You can’t deny that Grealish imposes himself on games. He’s a bit like Fernandes, they both worked their way to the top the hard way, through lower leagues. They’ve got a bit of grit and determination that you don’t always get from the academy kids. I wonder if he’d work in central midfield, like a Pogba replacement?
dozer
Legend

1 month ago

As usual bman just wants to buy big names and make them fit.
Then complain that Grealish was never a midfielder if he's played in midfield and doesn't do well.
Is Mbappe available? We should sign him.
fat maradona
Star Man

1 month ago

Don't forget Messi might be a on free soon.

Haaland would be a dream but he ain't coming to United, not when Real/Barca/Liverpool would also be interested. I see a Haaland and Mbappe partnership at Real. Maybe if Ole plays Greenwood through the middle instead of out on the right, we won't need Haaland.

I'm not fussed on either Sancho or Grealish. I don't think Sancho is worth the money and what's the point in having another attack minded midfielder when you know Ole will never drop Bruno.
dozer
Legend

1 month ago

Greenwood seems to have regressed this season. I'm not surprised. These things happen.
He's not built like a centre forward but neither is Aguero and he's brilliant.
Hopefully Greenwood can emulate Aguero. Man City have excellent no nonsense players, the exact kind that'll leave the likes of bman unimpressed.
No one knows anything about these players apart from their performances on the pitch.

Yaya Toure was an exception. Didn't last long.
Sid
Legend

1 month ago

The market will probably reflect the financial black hole covid has left behind but also clubs will use the likes of Haaland and Graelish to fix their own dire financial situation. Wouldn't be surprised if they were asking for silly money.
bman2
Legend

1 month ago

Dortmund are currently playing. 2 assists for Sancho, two goals for Haaland. At the halfway point.

Over the past two seasons, playing for three teams (dortmund, salzberg, Norway), in multiple tournaments (Austrian league, German league, champions league, international football), Haaland has consistently been scoring more than a goal per game. For every team. In every tournament.

If it's a purple patch, it's an amazing one. He looks like the next Ronaldo/Messi. Not the same kind of player, obviously, but he's incredible in terms of racking up goals.
swampash
Legend

1 month ago

Was a really interesting game bman. Showed up where Dortmund are getting it wrong. Very similar issues to us. Flat footed defence and wrong selections by the manager in midfield.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggedy beasties and things that go bump in the night, Good Lord deliver us...and while you're at it, a bit of a helping hand with hobbits wouldn't go amiss...
Edfuckingwoodward
Legend

1 month ago

bman2 wrote:
1 month ago
Dortmund are currently playing. 2 assists for Sancho, two goals for Haaland. At the halfway point.

Over the past two seasons, playing for three teams (dortmund, salzberg, Norway), in multiple tournaments (Austrian league, German league, champions league, international football), Haaland has consistently been scoring more than a goal per game. For every team. In every tournament.

If it's a purple patch, it's an amazing one. He looks like the next Ronaldo/Messi. Not the same kind of player, obviously, but he's incredible in terms of racking up goals.
Reminds me a bit of Van Nistelrooy. Just lived for goals.
Sid
Legend

1 month ago

Has anybody signed anyone of note across Europe? Doesn't seem like much is happening and the window closes soon
urboystook1hellofabeating
First Teamer

1 month ago

bman2 wrote:
1 month ago

---Yep. What a player... It's a pity about his agent.