[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
Vs Everton - United Rant

Vs Everton

Manchester United chat

Moderators: Alfonso Bedoya, brianofnazarethffs

lars072
Legend

Vs Everton

Postby lars072 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:23 am

I hope this is a morale-boosting win before the int break; something that can instill confidence in the squad ahead of a tough run of games. Maybe Mata will step up in the absence of Rooney and leaders will emerge. Maybe our attackers will gel and we'll score at will. Maybe this is the win that will kick start our season and get us back into the CL. Maybe....

OR maybe we'll get humiliated once again by Everton who beat us at OT last season and who thrashed us at their place. Confidence is low and our defending is woeful. Our CD and CM is threadbare and leadership is absent. A hiding at home might be too much to take esp. after the money that was spent. Might even be the end of LVG's reign. Maybe...

What will it be?

redzebs
Legend

Re: Vs Everton

Postby redzebs » Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:20 am

I will always have Rooney in the team but I don't see a major problem bar the right sided cb, if Jones or Smalling are fit they'll partner Rojo, if not, it'll be a youth teamer getting a chance, you are still going to have :-

Ddg

Rafa tbc Rojo Shaw
Blind Fletcher ADM
Mata
RVP. Falcao

I know Fletcher hasn't been great but even if he's just supporting Blind protecting the defence, if a quartet of Mata RVP Falcao and ADM cant do some damage then we should just fuck off.

In fact, the fact that Herrera is more box to box, having a Carrick or Fletcher helping Blind out might actually stop us shipping so many goals and let the fullbacks and the front four do their thing, if any of them are doing shit, you've Jacuzzi and Wilson or Keane to throw on, don't really see the problem.
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.

swampash
Legend

Postby swampash » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:47 am

If Carrick is back this week, will Blind go into the back line?
I'm only wearing black until they discover something darker...

tom
First Teamer

Postby tom » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:32 am

I'm feeling 3-2 or 3-1... Two of the worst defences in the league, sure to be goals, just not sure at which end...

Both defences struggling, both keepers going through a bad patch, it might come down to who scores more.. And if it was a simple case of our attacking quality versus theirs then I'd back us every time... But it's not that simple is it.

They have europe in the week if that makes a difference.

Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

Postby Alfonso Bedoya » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:18 pm

Bah!

Martinez and his supporters have come back down to earth... he's not the genius many thought he was... he had a good season, inspired by the departing gloom of Mopes... Everton enjoyed a collective, high quality shit, when they got rid of Mopes, and the feel good factor carried them along...

But here we are, a new season, and everyone has realized that actually, they're still only Everton... and Everton are still just a mid table team, and there's fuck all Martinez can do about that.

In fact, in time, they might actually start to miss Mopes... as shit as he was, he made Everton hard to beat... Martinez seems to think they can compete with better teams at good football... they can't...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."

Sid
Legend

Postby Sid » Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:02 pm

He's not a genius, who said he was. He's just a much much better fucking manager than Moyes. But still not good enough for United as I kept saying

Was great to see em beat us home & away though - "are you watching David Moyes" they sang endlessly

Because they might still be a midtable team Alf, but if you listen to what the fans want... it's better fucking football for their money. Not endless bullshit from the manager about how they should be grateful for 7th in the league and long balls. They're shelling out 500 quid, they want more goals, more excitement, more drama, less moaning

They wanted the end of this myth British football dinosaurs come out with, that you have to endure shit football in order to win games
Last edited by Sid on Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Twat
Reserves

Postby Twat » Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:03 pm

Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

Postby Alfonso Bedoya » Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:42 pm

"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."

Sid
Legend

Postby Sid » Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:22 pm

Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

Postby Alfonso Bedoya » Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:52 pm

Hang on Sid...

"""""""See, you'e full of it too Alf. They've got you believing that shit long ball physical Moyes shite British shite is necesary to "find ways to score points beyond your abilities"

But passing the football also allows a team to "score points beyond its abilities""""""""

Put what I said into it's proper context... I'm not defending "long ball shit football"

I'm saying its sometimes a necessity, or at least a reasonable tactic for rubbish teams to use to achieve points, where they don't expect to get them... and that's not a "British" thing either... you really think your bottom dwelling Spanish teams are going toe to toe with Real or Barcelona when they meet??? or are they parking the bus, and hoping to knick a goal on the counter?

And you can have all the passing drills you want in training... but in a match, when the pressing game is intense, if your players simply aren't good enough, then you're not going to hang onto the football for very long, and what's worse is you'll probably lose it in dangerous areas... even top clubs struggle with possession against hard pressing...

Look... for a top ambitious club, with the resources to buy quality players, it's criminal to resort to shit football to score points, something Mourinho has been guilty of for years... but for clubs who don't have the players, the finances, or even the league stability, it's nothing short of self preservation to do whatever you have to, to survive...

Return to “The Rant Forum”