How good is De Gea?

Manchester United chat
Dosdamt
Star Man

5 years ago

De Gea is one of the best goalkeepers in the world at what, 24? He's only going to get better. Great goalkeepers don't come along that often. Give him whatever the hell he wants - he is a match winner.

200k a week - when we're paying Falcao, a useless pile of fanny jelly on anywhere between 230k and 300k a week and no doubt Di Maria, a similarly shambolic waste of oxygen is earning close to that as well - is a fucking bargain.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

5 years ago

Dosdamt wrote:De Gea is one of the best goalkeepers in the world at what, 24? He's only going to get better. Great goalkeepers don't come along that often. Give him whatever the hell he wants - he is a match winner.

200k a week - when we're paying Falcao, a useless pile of fanny jelly on anywhere between 230k and 300k a week and no doubt Di Maria, a similarly shambolic waste of oxygen is earning close to that as well - is a fucking bargain.
It's only a bargain if he accepts... it would make him the highest paid keeper in the world... I'm not sure I'd go that far yet... but I don't think money is the problem... I think he wants the move, so just throwing money at him is either desperate, or a well used tactic to convince the fans, "we did all we could but he's a greedy sod, so he'll be leaving"...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Dosdamt
Star Man

5 years ago

I'm pretty convinced he'll go back to Madrid, and it'll be on a free. We'll have one more season out of him, then he'll be off for nowt. Then we'll be stuck with .... Valdes? He's way past his best and I've never been convinced about him.

If he did accept, and even as the best paid keeper in the world, there's not many better than him right now. Neuer? ... Maybe... maaaaaybe Courtois. I can't think of any others in that truly elite group.

(inb4 nobby comes in saying Hart is the best keeper - he's an overconfident inconsistent blonde bellend)
bman2
Legend

5 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... ter-united

£200k???

Fuck sake, we're starting to grovel...

If he turned us down at £150k, then maybe we should just slap a fee on his head a put him up for sale...
Tbf £150k a week is a fair wage for a young man good at catching balls. This one even kicks them sometimes too. But in all seriousness, I get the impression that he's genuinely still assessing his options. If he had his heart set on moving to Real, it would be obvious already. If I was him, I wouldn't have wanted to sign anything until the season was over. The fact that we're finishing strongly and look like we're going places is more important than throwing a few more quid into the deal. My sense is that he's basically happy at United -- his behaviour during games and his goal celebrations certainly suggest so -- but he's wondering if he'll always regret it if he didn't go to Real when he had the opportunity.

More importantly, why haven't the club arranged for his useless tart of girlfriend to be photographed sucking off a row of Real supporters yet? Woodworm, you incompetent clod! Abramovich would have had her injected with radioactive poison months ago. That's a man who knows how to handle his transfer business.
marlon
Legend

5 years ago

He's as valuable as a great striker. I know keepers traditionally aren't valued the same, but maybe they should be. 200k seems reasonable to me.

My last hope was that he might be waiting to see if we made the CL, but that looks sorted now and like van Gaal said, it's taking a long time. Can't really blame him for going to Madrid either. And why else would we have signed Valdes? I'm sure the money's good, but he could've gone elsewhere and actually played.
tom
First Teamer

5 years ago

This feeling, knowing he's going but hoping he isn't, is fucking awful.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

5 years ago

bman2 wrote:
Alfonso Bedoya wrote:http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... ter-united

£200k???

Fuck sake, we're starting to grovel...

If he turned us down at £150k, then maybe we should just slap a fee on his head a put him up for sale...
Tbf £150k a week is a fair wage for a young man good at catching balls. This one even kicks them sometimes too. But in all seriousness, I get the impression that he's genuinely still assessing his options. If he had his heart set on moving to Real, it would be obvious already.
Ever the optimist, eh Bernie?

I'm starting to think this was decided months ago... Real are dirty fuckers when it comes to getting the players they want, and now that UEFA is keeping a closer eye on clubs financial dealings, I think Real will stoop even lower... I think De Gea was tapped up long ago, but to drive the price down, they need De Gea to string this out, and Madrid to act like they're not that interested... the season will end, De Gea still won't have signed, Real will make an offer, but also show interest in other keepers, De Gea might even request the move, using stale quotes from Ronaldos transfer... and we'll be forced to sell, because next year he can leave for free... we'll be lucky to get £30mill... and Madrid will lord it up, saying money wasn't the issue, but De Gea just wanted to play for the Worlds Most Important Football Club...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
bman2
Legend

5 years ago

The tart's probably on Real's payroll and all.
bman2
Legend

5 years ago

Can I just say, I fucking hate Real shitty fucking Madrid. If De Gea leaves, I hope we have the sense never to sign another Spanish player again.
Steggo
Legend

5 years ago

"Do you think I would get into a contract with that mob? Jesus Christ, no chance. I wouldn't sell them a virus." And then ,of course, we did deal with them in a very big way. They are a bunch of corrupt nasties who think they own football-always have been,always will and even United with its 'pulling power' have to bow to Madrids 'charisma'.
bman2 wrote: I fucking hate Real shitty fucking Madrid.
Totally agree.