V Saints

Forum for match day threads
marlon
Legend

3 years ago

If we win we'll we be 3rd, 5 points clear of Arsenal, 7 clear of Spurs/Liverpool.
dozer
Legend

3 years ago

marlon wrote:If we win we'll we be 3rd, 5 points clear of Arsenal, 7 clear of Spurs/Liverpool.
I'll be surprised if we manage to win this.
Our performance against Stoke was quite poor, we could carry that into the next game.
bman2
Legend

3 years ago

We beat Arsenal and Stoke. Stoke beat Arsenal. Arsenal beat Saints. Therefore we will beat Saints, you can't deny the logical inevitability of it.
bman2
Legend

3 years ago

With the results today, it would be even more valuable to win on Monday now. Going into third place, 6 points behind City, and starting to put a bit of distance between us and the chasing pack. We're only 3 points from the 8th spot after all.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

3 years ago

bman2 wrote:We beat Arsenal and Stoke. Stoke beat Arsenal. Arsenal beat Saints. Therefore we will beat Saints, you can't deny the logical inevitability of it.
Sods law often trumps logical inevitability...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
bman2
Legend

3 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
bman2 wrote:We beat Arsenal and Stoke. Stoke beat Arsenal. Arsenal beat Saints. Therefore we will beat Saints, you can't deny the logical inevitability of it.
Sods law often trumps logical inevitability...
I know yeah, I was kidding. Logic also suggests that Saints are not likely to lose twice in a row, especially playing at home. Still, Rooney being available is probably the best news we could have. I think he's up for being our talisman this season. We shouldn't even start RVP based on his recent form. Let's play Rooney up top at the striker in a 4-3-3, with Carrick, Herrera, and Fellaini in the middle, maybe Jacuzzi and Young on the flanks. Young's actually been playing quite well recently.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

3 years ago

Don't know... Van Persie has been shit this year, but that was a crackin goal he scored... might set him off, and Van Persie in form is as good as it gets... I'd give him another game, with Rooney... Falcao hasn't earned a start for me... and this game is too important to start Wilson...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Lazarus
Legend

3 years ago

I like the idea of a fresh RVP coming on with 30 mins to go when defenders are tired and he's not. Plus i'd like to see Falcao getting a few games under his belt we've seen very little from him really, yet he's had a few decent shots and moves, he needs sharpness and game time will give him that.
"NO BILL POSTERS" [-X
senna
Legend

3 years ago

This will be a hard game, United have not been impressive away from home.
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

3 years ago

neither persie of falco for me tbf, just wayne
lkhm

hoofing