vs Southampton

Forum for match day threads
swampash
Legend

3 years ago

Due back this weekend according to the physio room.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
bman2
Legend

3 years ago

redzebs wrote:DDG

Rafael Jones Rojo Shaw

Carrick Blind

Jacuzzi/AV Rooney ADM

RVP

Bench :- Falcao Herrera Mata Valdes Wilson Evans Smalling

Front three interchangeable.

What do ya reckon, assuming Rojo and Blind were able to start
Van Gaal seems to have very strong views on the difference between "match fit" and "available", so I wouldn't expect anybody coming back from a long layoff, like Blind, to start. Di Maria might start just because we're fucked for options on the left.
bman2
Legend

3 years ago

bman2 wrote:
redzebs wrote:DDG

Rafael Jones Rojo Shaw

Carrick Blind

Jacuzzi/AV Rooney ADM

RVP

Bench :- Falcao Herrera Mata Valdes Wilson Evans Smalling

Front three interchangeable.

What do ya reckon, assuming Rojo and Blind were able to start
Van Gaal seems to have very strong views on the difference between "match fit" and "available", so I wouldn't expect anybody coming back from a long layoff, like Blind, to start. Di Maria might start just because we're fucked for options on the left.
Raf's not going to start either, nor Rojo.
swampash
Legend

3 years ago

Where are Southampton's weaknesses?
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

3 years ago

swampash wrote:Where are Southampton's weaknesses?
They don't have any... and anyone who thinks they're in a false position isn't being fair, to what is a quality, well balanced, organised outfit... they're not Chelsea or City, and they may not have anywhere near our budget, but... they've got a real underdogs enthusiasm, and a hunger that no top team could ever have...

They've scored as many as United and conceded 5 fewer... still, we've been near unbeatable on our patch... so, I'll go 2-1
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
redzebs
Legend

3 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
swampash wrote:Where are Southampton's weaknesses?
They don't have any... and anyone who thinks they're in a false position isn't being fair, to what is a quality, well balanced, organised outfit... they're not Chelsea or City, and they may not have anywhere near our budget, but... they've got a real underdogs enthusiasm, and a hunger that no top team could ever have...

They've scored as many as United and conceded 5 fewer... still, we've been near unbeatable on our patch... so, I'll go 2-1

Yeah they are solid and seem to have a bit more depth than people gave them credit for, crucially when someone isn't scoring, the team pick up the slack. Always good steam seeing as the managers hate each other and their fans seem to be enjoying themselves, Im going to say we play 4 at the back and 3-1 United.
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
madredmonkey
Legend

3 years ago

Going to be tough, but I think we will win 2-1
LEFT THE SITE SADLY GOT BORED OVER THE LAST 12 MONTHS, NOT WHAT IT USTED TO BE, GOODBYE TO THE FELLOW MEMBERS.
JUST NEED SOMETHING NEW.
danniitronix
Legend

3 years ago

I'm going 2-0, United
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

3 years ago

Fuck Knows. Could be anything this.

Not exactly a pearl of wisdom, granted.