Do you want to give LVG this summer or have we seen enough..

Manchester United chat
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

5 years ago

bman2 wrote:It actually might not be the worst thing in the world if at the end of this season, we hired someone like Guardiola (obviously that would be a good thing) and "promoted" van Gaal to director of football. His purity of vision might be better suited to instructing young players than getting results twice a week on the front lines. The club's probably too big not to have a director of football, no other club of our size operates like this anymore. I think one reason we've had the problems we've had post-Ferguson is because the job had gotten too big for any single person, including Ferguson, especially as he got on in years. The academy and the transfer/scouting apparatus seem to have deteriorated in comparison to direct competitors like Chelsea and City, a lot of insiders say so anyway.

Great point tbf.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

Rant's official saviour, International Lovemaker to the Stars and prince of cunts
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

5 years ago

bman2 wrote:No I agree that Ancelotti might not be a good fit for us. .
Compared to what? Van Gall? Moyes?
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Neil
First Teamer

5 years ago

I think Ancelotti would be the best overall choice. I think that talk of him not giving young players a chance is a bit unfair, especially when you consider he was at Chelsea, PSG and Real Madrid, all of which are governed with a view to immediate short term success to the obvious detriment of youth development (in short, there is none at any of these clubs).
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

5 years ago

http://www.thehardtackle.com/2015/victo ... ed-career/

There's got to be more to this story than we're being told... or else Van Gall is just a pissy fuckin arsehole, even worse than Ferguson...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
redzebs
Legend

5 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:http://www.thehardtackle.com/2015/victo ... ed-career/

There's got to be more to this story than we're being told... or else Van Gall is just a pissy fuckin arsehole, even worse than Ferguson...

I'd say they've both got their egos and neither will back down and Valdes should have went in the summer, rocking up to games not even in the club suit despite collecting his pay check
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
Sid
Legend

5 years ago

Gaal has been answering more charges about the boring football

He talked about how attacking his Ajax side was, but said he daren't talk too much about it because it will anger Scholes

They officially have a spat going on

Gaal is right though, Scholes goes public with this shit because he's a well paid gobshite pundit now. But he has a direct avenue into the very top or the club in Fergie and Giggs in which he could influence things, but instead he goes public

It's to put pressure on the manager
Lazarus
Legend

5 years ago

It's not like Scholes didn't play at the end of Fergie's reign, which was shite. He only got the big gob when he retired. I agree with him though........
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
redzebs
Legend

5 years ago

Yeah, sure look at Keane on Fergie, fuck sake, we all complain that there's never any ex reds on punditry now one of the best players the clubs ever had has his opinion sought by a broadcaster and he's a well paid gobshite, what's how much he's getting paid got to do with anything? LVG is a big boy, be a fuckin man and stop trying to play both sides to win the fans over because if you fall out with club legends and the crowd gets fed up with the football, not the results anyway, it'll not be Scholes that leaves the club with egg on his face.
Sid
Legend

5 years ago

No right he can be a pundit and give his opinion. But there is glaring hypocrisy. He didn't criticise Moyes this much when the football was shite. He publicly backed him and said he needed more time. And he won't criticise Giggs this much when he's in charge.

I just think he's in a privileged position as he has powerful avenues into the club. He should use em. If he's that concerned about the state of the football and the fans not getting value then get on the phone to Giggs. Think Gaal said he would welcome the input. And tbf it's clear that he listens to criticisms because he gives us everything we want when we stamp our feet. So take advantage. Or is there more value in carving out a niche as a "no nonsense" pundit who "tells it like it is" when it's not one of his mates.
redzebs
Legend

5 years ago

Sid wrote:No right he can be a pundit and give his opinion. But there is glaring hypocrisy. He didn't criticise Moyes this much when the football was shite. He publicly backed him and said he needed more time. And he won't criticise Giggs this much when he's in charge.

I just think he's in a privileged position as he has powerful avenues into the club. He should use em. If he's that concerned about the state of the football and the fans not getting value then get on the phone to Giggs. Think Gaal said he would welcome the input. And tbf it's clear that he listens to criticisms because he gives us everything we want when we stamp our feet. So take advantage. Or is there more value in carving out a niche as a "no nonsense" pundit who "tells it like it is" when it's not one of his mates.

Why would he try to interfere with the club? Listen, I knew he thought Moyes needed more time, maybe that was because he thought Fergie wanted that and he thought well who would no better, right, so I'm not even saying he isn't biased, but he's paid to give his thoughts, and even if they are as useful as a chocolate tea pot, that's not the fuckin point, why should he speak to Giggs, in fact I'm sure he does, and his views in private are probably a lot less restrained, but he's retired and has been offered a nice part time job were all he has to do is give his opinions honestly and if LVG can't ignore one average pundit without dragging it up every week, he'll lose whatever PR battle he seems intent on keepin going.

Scholes said, the defence is much improved and it's a very organised team but they aren't great to watch going forward and HE PERSONALLY wouldn't have enjoyed playing in this team.

Fuckin fair enough, the match going fans aren't going to be swayed by what Scholes said, they'll be swayed when they weigh up the costs involved following United for this season v the enjoyment they got from watching it and how we end up.

All LVG had to say was, look, I saw a lot of deficiencies in the squad, I am addressing them as I see fit, but myself and the fans want the same thing eventually.

Producing possession stats and bemoaning teams parking the boss only underlies his deificincies as a manager if teams adopt that tactic and he can't change things, he's getting better there so why moan, let the results do the talking.

And don't tell the fans that having 80% possession is attacking football, at least don't tell them that when it isn't.

He should ignore the press, ex players etc. and solely concentrate his last 18 months getting rid of the last of the dross, bringing in more stars that will stand is in good stead when he's gone and carry on getting the best results he can, if they are good enough for the owners, the fans will stomach 18 months of not being as exciting as long as we are winning.