Do you want to give LVG this summer or have we seen enough..

Manchester United chat
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

4 years ago

So Bayern have confirmed Pep is leaving and Carlo will replace him.

If we can't attract Pep over City then we are truly fucked. Pep seems to be a guy that would value history over a big pay packet.

Woodworm, go and move the earth for him you cunt. We have the money and glamour now fucking earn your salary.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

Rant's official saviour, International Lovemaker to the Stars and prince of cunts
just1n
Legend

4 years ago

FuB wrote:
just1n wrote:
FuB wrote:
Lakendary wrote:
Anantax wrote:No to Mourinho for me. Short term success for long term damage.
Right now we are heading for long term damage anyway. The sides Mourinho left don't look very damaged to me. Maybe just Inter. And Chelsea look like they are getting back to winning ways. I think we are desperate at this point. It's either Giggs or Mourinho.
you mean Inter who are currently top of Serie A?
No the Inter that only won a coppa Italia since Mourinho left. Finishing 2, 6, 9, 5, 8 in the league and he left a squad where the core spine was old with players like Cambiasso, Eto, Milito, Lucio, Zanetti, Samual, Stanovic - the core of the side, all the wrong side of the 30. That's poor forward planning from Mourinho. As a manager, he has shown very poor decision making for future stability.
That sounds reminiscent of someone closer to home, doesn't it?
Yeah true, but Fergie earned brownie points for all the good he did before.
[color=#008000]GLAZERS[/color] [color=#FF8000]OUT![/color]
FuB
Legend

4 years ago

just1n wrote: Yeah true, but Fergie earned brownie points for all the good he did before.
Well, didn't Mourinho leave with the treble?

It's all very well saying that Mourinho was guilty of leaving behind a disaster but he's not the only manager to have done so when leaving a club by his own decision. Plenty have been having a bit of a group wank over Ancellotti just recently but I don't recall Milan doing much since he left them.
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
Sid
Legend

4 years ago

That's it, Gaal's finished

And Rooney
just1n
Legend

4 years ago

Sid wrote:That's it, Gaal's finished

And Rooney
For a second I thought it was Max but then I heard the Rooney critique...
[color=#008000]GLAZERS[/color] [color=#FF8000]OUT![/color]
sheesh
Legend

4 years ago

I don't think those running the club have a sense of direction in terms of what our long-term objectives are, and what the best strategy is to achieve those.

We are drifting from manager to manager, and from transfer window to transfer window. There's no sense that we are building anything, not just in terms of the first-team, but as a club.

Taking the managerial issues aside, what is our long-term strategy? We allowed our youth structure to turn to shit, only belatedly began to realise this, and now we appear to be just aping what City have done with theirs.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football ... eague-News

City have 2 former Barca guys in the boardroom, and it puts them in a strong position for getting Pep to join them.

It beggars belief that serious questions aren't being asked of Ed Woodward and the Glazers. Those saying that the Glazers are happy for us to finish in the top 4 should reflect on the fact that, like the disastrous Moyes era, there's no guarantee that we will even finish in the top 4. Just smacks of complete incompetence.
senna
Legend

4 years ago

sheesh wrote:I don't think those running the club have a sense of direction in terms of what our long-term objectives are, and what the best strategy is to achieve those.

We are drifting from manager to manager, and from transfer window to transfer window. There's no sense that we are building anything, not just in terms of the first-team, but as a club.

Taking the managerial issues aside, what is our long-term strategy? We allowed our youth structure to turn to shit, only belatedly began to realise this, and now we appear to be just aping what City have done with theirs.

City have 2 former Barca guys in the boardroom, and it puts them in a strong position for getting Pep to join them.

It beggars belief that serious questions aren't being asked of Ed Woodward and the Glazers. Those saying that the Glazers are happy for us to finish in the top 4 should reflect on the fact that, like the disastrous Moyes era, there's no guarantee that we will even finish in the top 4. Just smacks of complete incompetence.
We are like Liverpool back in the days living in the past, spending lots of money on average players and hoping it will work out.
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

4 years ago

There's footage of the end of game yesterday and it's pretty brutal. Huge boos and abuse thrown at LVG.

I like him as a guy, I really do. I feel sorry for him, he knows he's done. But as a manager, he needs to go.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

Rant's official saviour, International Lovemaker to the Stars and prince of cunts
Sid
Legend

4 years ago

sheesh wrote:I don't think those running the club have a sense of direction in terms of what our long-term objectives are, and what the best strategy is to achieve those.

I think it's clear which the way the club is going, what the plan is, what we're trying to achieve... the Glazers are going all out for results. Results equal success, and success brings in the cash. It's the life cycle of a top club that don't have the benefit of a rich benefactor pumping external money in.

They're detatching us from the United philosophy, and we're kicking and screaming as they tear it from us. They've said fuck the fans, we need results. The only reason Gaal's job is under threat now is that he's not getting em.

If they gave a fuck about the fans they'd bend over backwards for Guardiola or Ancelotti who can apparently bring both performances and results. But Ancelotti went to Bayern, and if Guardiola chooses City instead, then heed Gaal's warning that United aren't the top bollocks anymore. There are better options out there, newer, with better infrastructure, more money, more momentum.
bman2
Legend

4 years ago

Another problem with Mourinho is that Mendes would practically take over the club. We'd probably get a few John profile signings, but we'd be fleeced something shocking.