Do you want to give LVG this summer or have we seen enough..

Manchester United chat
User avatar
Mumford
First Teamer
Posts: 459
Joined: 4 years ago
Location: Earth sometimes

4 years ago

Brendan Rodgers needs a job :YMBRINGITON:
Take all the courage you have left
And waste it on fixing all the problems that you made in your own head
User avatar
Lazarus
Legend
Posts: 16182
Joined: 6 years ago

4 years ago

Oh dear now he's looking for apologies from the press and storming out of the press conference. My god he must be a nightmare to work under.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
sheesh
Legend
Posts: 2577
Joined: 4 years ago

4 years ago

He apparently had reassurances from Woodward, Fergie and Gill. I thought Fergie wasn't going into interfere in football affairs anymore? Maybe I'm misreading things, and overstating his influence.

So we are now stuck with a lame duck manager that isn't popular with fans or players, and it looks like he will be there for a while...due to some misguided sense of loyalty from the board. Our rivals will hoover up the top managers in the mean time as we languish in mediocrity.

I don't have a problem with us keeping him to the end of the season if Pep suddenly decides he wants to join us, but it looks like that ship has sailed. Giggs it will be.

Worrying times.
User avatar
bman2
Legend
Posts: 7649
Joined: 6 years ago

4 years ago

sheesh wrote:He apparently had reassurances from Woodward, Fergie and Gill. I thought Fergie wasn't going into interfere in football affairs anymore? Maybe I'm misreading things, and overstating his influence.

So we are now stuck with a lame duck manager that isn't popular with fans or players, and it looks like he will be there for a while...due to some misguided sense of loyalty from the board. Our rivals will hoover up the top managers in the mean time as we languish in mediocrity.

I don't have a problem with us keeping him to the end of the season if Pep suddenly decides he wants to join us, but it looks like that ship has sailed. Giggs it will be.

Worrying times.
No one really knows about Pep. The conventional wisdom is that he's going to City, but most of that conventional wisdom is being put about by City themselves, and they've been singing that same song for a good few years now. If anything, it suggests to me that Pep is not all that excited about City and might well go somewhere else if someone makes a compelling offer to him.
User avatar
bman2
Legend
Posts: 7649
Joined: 6 years ago

4 years ago

sheesh wrote:He apparently had reassurances from Woodward, Fergie and Gill. I thought Fergie wasn't going into interfere in football affairs anymore? Maybe I'm misreading things, and overstating his influence.
It could be Ferguson's opinion was to not be too hasty in sacking the manager, because he's been banging that drum for a while. To be fair, there's actually nothing that terrible that's happened yet with LVG, nothing that wouldn't be a fairly easily forgotten blip if he was able to turn things around. I don't think it's an open and shut case that he needs to go.
User avatar
redzebs
Legend
Posts: 11439
Joined: 6 years ago

4 years ago

danniitronix wrote:
brianofnazarethffs wrote:Is there a way I can ban or automatically change the word Mourinho in this forum?

I'd rather keep LVG than that cunt.

two years ago I wld have said the same thing. I honestly think the guy has lost the plot. his meltdown this season was remarkable. to give him sanctuary at united is too easy. why is he entitled to get the top job at united after the terrible time at chelsea? he's special but he is not God.

Guy needs to take a sabbatical and sort his head out. then he can start looking at the top jobs again.

These younger successful managers seem to, I totally agree his heads away, I don't want him but the only thing I would say is that he'd probably behave OK as long as Fergie was still kicking about, but that's no reason to hire someone, remember that fuckin crazy eyes no talking meltdown Alf that pep had last season?
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
User avatar
brianofnazarethffs
Legend
Posts: 4410
Joined: 6 years ago

4 years ago

bman2 wrote:
sheesh wrote:He apparently had reassurances from Woodward, Fergie and Gill. I thought Fergie wasn't going into interfere in football affairs anymore? Maybe I'm misreading things, and overstating his influence.

So we are now stuck with a lame duck manager that isn't popular with fans or players, and it looks like he will be there for a while...due to some misguided sense of loyalty from the board. Our rivals will hoover up the top managers in the mean time as we languish in mediocrity.

I don't have a problem with us keeping him to the end of the season if Pep suddenly decides he wants to join us, but it looks like that ship has sailed. Giggs it will be.

Worrying times.
No one really knows about Pep. The conventional wisdom is that he's going to City, but most of that conventional wisdom is being put about by City themselves, and they've been singing that same song for a good few years now. If anything, it suggests to me that Pep is not all that excited about City and might well go somewhere else if someone makes a compelling offer to him.

No one actually knows if Pep is THAT great as a manager tbf.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...


Rant's official saviour, International Lovemaker to the Stars and prince of cunts
User avatar
just1n
Legend
Posts: 3075
Joined: 6 years ago
Location: Africa

4 years ago

Lazarus wrote:Oh dear now he's looking for apologies from the press and storming out of the press conference. My god he must be a nightmare to work under.
He sounded quite measured during that press conference. Explained himself and left. No storming out or meltdown imo.
[color=#008000]GLAZERS[/color] [color=#FF8000]OUT![/color]
User avatar
bman2
Legend
Posts: 7649
Joined: 6 years ago

4 years ago

just1n wrote:
Lazarus wrote:Oh dear now he's looking for apologies from the press and storming out of the press conference. My god he must be a nightmare to work under.
He sounded quite measured during that press conference. Explained himself and left. No storming out or meltdown imo.
Don't you read the papers, it was a "rant" even though the "ranter" was calm and in control of himself and didn't say anything irrational. But it was a rant, because he had the nerve to point out that football journalists are a fucking irrelevant bottom trawling breed.
User avatar
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend
Posts: 5241
Joined: 6 years ago

4 years ago

he did look like he was gonna cry tbf
lkhm

hoofing
Post Reply