Martial...Martian?

Manchester United chat
Sid
Legend

1 year ago

MAX CLIFFORD wrote:
fat maradona wrote:I don't think LVG has any control on who we buy. Decisions are made by the owners, a la Abramovich. He toes the party line. The owners realise that we aren't a footballing force any longer and the long term goal is to become a feeder. Snap up promising talent, groom them in the 'famed Academy' and fuck 'em off to Madreeeeed or Barca or PSG when they come a knocking. How else can you explain some of our transfer dealings of late?
That's just about our game plan Fats. Martial is the nailed on knee jerk panic buy in which we got fleeced. He may come good for us who knows? But the thing is we have performed like utter thunder cunts in the transfer market yet again. We as a club have been left to sift through the shite that wasn't good enough for the big boys who are aiming high. Yet again just more concrete evidence that we are hamstrung by our business plan. There never was nor will there be the huge war chest that keeps getting pushed out by the club every end of season. We are financially shaped to qualify for Europe. That's enough.

Winning the prem is very low on the clubs priority list. To win it we need a massive injection of class players, but they come at a massive premium, but we cant attract them anyway. Why gamble jizzing £250 million (which we haven't got anyway) that might not win it, when you could spend £40 or £50 and still cash in on European qualification. Jobs a good'un. Fuck the fans.
Another beaut: knee jerk panic buy and we got fleeced
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

1 year ago

Sid wrote:
MAX CLIFFORD wrote:
fat maradona wrote:I don't think LVG has any control on who we buy. Decisions are made by the owners, a la Abramovich. He toes the party line. The owners realise that we aren't a footballing force any longer and the long term goal is to become a feeder. Snap up promising talent, groom them in the 'famed Academy' and fuck 'em off to Madreeeeed or Barca or PSG when they come a knocking. How else can you explain some of our transfer dealings of late?
That's just about our game plan Fats. Martial is the nailed on knee jerk panic buy in which we got fleeced. He may come good for us who knows? But the thing is we have performed like utter thunder cunts in the transfer market yet again. We as a club have been left to sift through the shite that wasn't good enough for the big boys who are aiming high. Yet again just more concrete evidence that we are hamstrung by our business plan. There never was nor will there be the huge war chest that keeps getting pushed out by the club every end of season. We are financially shaped to qualify for Europe. That's enough.

Winning the prem is very low on the clubs priority list. To win it we need a massive injection of class players, but they come at a massive premium, but we cant attract them anyway. Why gamble jizzing £250 million (which we haven't got anyway) that might not win it, when you could spend £40 or £50 and still cash in on European qualification. Jobs a good'un. Fuck the fans.
Oh aye... just ignore the rest eh Sid?

"He may come good for us who knows? But the thing is we have performed like utter thunder cunts in the transfer market yet again."

Thing is, we didn't know as much about him as you did Sid... you should have told us how you'd been watching him all along, and knew he was brilliant, then none of us would have been worried about a player most of us had never heard of!
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
marlon
Legend

1 year ago

marlon wrote:In terms of money it's similar to the Shaw deal, adjusted for the fact he's a forward. But it also looks like much more of a gamble to all of us who've never/rarely seen him play.

He didn't play much but his scoring stats are alright. A goal or assist from open play every other game. That's roughly top 40 in Europe for (open play) scoring rate among players who played at least as much as him in the main 5 leagues. There are no other players under 20 anywhere near that last season. Kane had a similar rate from open play (but scored a bunch more from corners etc). Berardi was better but he's probably already agreed to go to Juve next year. Icardi, Fekir and Alcácer were all a bit better but have a couple of years on him.
Stats got it right
Sid
Legend

1 year ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
Sid wrote:
MAX CLIFFORD wrote:

"He may come good for us who knows? But the thing is we have performed like utter thunder cunts in the transfer market yet again."

Thing is, we didn't know as much about him as you did Sid... you should have told us how you'd been watching him all along, and knew he was brilliant, then none of us would have been worried about a player most of us had never heard of!
I'd never heard of him like I said. But once I and every other United fan saw him, we knew he'd be shit hot. But you bought into the negativity and doom and gloom and it clouded your judgement. You've done a fair bit of arse covering in this thread too, unlike Max, eho just proudly stated that he was a panic buy. You daft old buggers.

Is it 17 goals and 5 assists for the cunt - from playing out wide, in his first season in the Prem, at 19/20. Unbelievable. Important goals too, the one that kept us in the Cup then the one that took us to the final.

What a dreamboat
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

1 year ago

Sid wrote:
Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
Sid wrote:
MAX CLIFFORD wrote:

I'd never heard of him like I said. But once I and every other United fan saw him, we knew he'd be shit hot. But you bought into the negativity and doom and gloom and it clouded your judgement. You've done a fair bit of arse covering in this thread too, unlike Max, eho just proudly stated that he was a panic buy. You daft old buggers.

Is it 17 goals and 5 assists for the cunt - from playing out wide, in his first season in the Prem, at 19/20. Unbelievable. Important goals too, the one that kept us in the Cup then the one that took us to the final.

What a dreamboat
You're full of shit Sid... but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, and just assume you're talking shit, making up a narrative that I'm not part of... because IF you've read through this thread, then the only thing you can accuse me of is not believing the bullshit spin from the club, that Martial was a priority target... I never doubted he was any good, because I admitted straight up that I'd never heard of him, but I also openly hoped he'd work out... end of... no negativity, except to argue with some of you lot, who tried to make out like United knew what they were doing all along, and DIDN'T overpay... which even his selling club, say that we did, blown away at what we offered! even some of his old fans were amazed at the price we paid... but never mind that... the real pisser in all this, is how you, especially you, have gotten so much mileage out of this "panic buy" crap... where do you think the "panic buy" line came from in the first place?... I bet you don't even know, or care, it's just a stick to whack the poor dumb heathens around here, who never bought into your way of thinking on the Martial signing, Rashfords immediate classification as "World Class", or Van Galls undeniable philosophy... truth is, you've been a fuckin obnoxious cunt for months now, picking fights, and getting just as stuck in with the snidey shite and insults as anyone, but the problem is, everyone else admits to being an arsehole on here... but not you... you're always the "righteous dude", the lone voice of reason and maturity... yeah right!
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Sid
Legend

1 year ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
Sid wrote:
Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
Sid wrote:
MAX CLIFFORD wrote:

What a dreamboat
You're full of shit Sid... but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, and just assume you're talking shit, making up a narrative that I'm not part of... because IF you've read through this thread, then the only thing you can accuse me of is not believing the bullshit spin from the club, that Martial was a priority target... I never doubted he was any good, because I admitted straight up that I'd never heard of him, but I also openly hoped he'd work out... end of... no negativity, except to argue with some of you lot, who tried to make out like United knew what they were doing all along, and DIDN'T overpay... which even his selling club, say that we did, blown away at what we offered! even some of his old fans were amazed at the price we paid... but never mind that... the real pisser in all this, is how you, especially you, have gotten so much mileage out of this "panic buy" crap... where do you think the "panic buy" line came from in the first place?... I bet you don't even know, or care, it's just a stick to whack the poor dumb heathens around here, who never bought into your way of thinking on the Martial signing, Rashfords immediate classification as "World Class", or Van Galls undeniable philosophy... truth is, you've been a fuckin obnoxious cunt for months now, picking fights, and getting just as stuck in with the snidey shite and insults as anyone, but the problem is, everyone else admits to being an arsehole on here... but not you... you're always the "righteous dude", the lone voice of reason and maturity... yeah right!
You made him out to be a speed merchant, Alf. An Aaron Lennon. Shocking.
bman2
Legend

1 year ago

Can't we all just agree that we're all sad cunts. Except me.
Sid
Legend

1 year ago

Agreed

Except me as well
just1n
Legend

1 year ago

QFT
[color=#008000]GLAZERS[/color] [color=#FF8000]OUT![/color]
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

1 year ago

Sid wrote:
Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
Sid wrote:
Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
Sid wrote: Another beaut: knee jerk panic buy and we got fleeced

What a dreamboat
You made him out to be a speed merchant, Alf. An Aaron Lennon. Shocking.
That is simply pathetic Sid... I've read this entire thread to see where you might have got that Lennon shit from... ???

And the speed merchant thing??? that was from the very first day, before any of us had even seen him, and I was just quoting a comment from the video I'd watched of him, which I readily admitted to... I'D NEVER SEEN HIM PLAY! and I've been just as impressed as anyone at his ability... and said so, many times... so go on Sid, try again... show me somewhere I've dissed this kid... or better yet, why not just stop trying to make an argument, on my behalf?