Yeah...let's get rid of Rooney!

Manchester United chat
lars072
Legend
Posts: 1738
Joined: 7 years ago

7 years ago

Sid wrote:Rooney is waiting to see if we're likely to get Champions League football next season, and to see whether we're going to improve the squad

If we don't get a top 4 finish and we don't sign anybody of quality then he'll go

And we'll have Moyes to blame tbf because there are other managers, even Martinez, who wwould get more out of this squad than Moyes - enough to finish in the top 4
If Rooney does want to leave (again) then the club have to sell him in January to get any kind of decent fee for him. I can only see Chelski getting him so if they really want him they have to pay 35m or more. Either that or get Juan Mata but why would he come to United?

We won't get top 4 so we may as well come to terms with that now. And if we wait til the summer we'll get less money for him with a year left on his contract. If Rooney has a bad world cup or gets injured, then he might not get a move at all so expect the speculation of him leaving to continue.
User avatar
Snoopcousins
Legend
Posts: 4529
Joined: 7 years ago

7 years ago

lars072 wrote:
Sid wrote:Rooney is waiting to see if we're likely to get Champions League football next season, and to see whether we're going to improve the squad

If we don't get a top 4 finish and we don't sign anybody of quality then he'll go

And we'll have Moyes to blame tbf because there are other managers, even Martinez, who wwould get more out of this squad than Moyes - enough to finish in the top 4
If Rooney does want to leave (again) then the club have to sell him in January to get any kind of decent fee for him. I can only see Chelski getting him so if they really want him they have to pay 35m or more. Either that or get Juan Mata but why would he come to United?

We won't get top 4 so we may as well come to terms with that now. And if we wait til the summer we'll get less money for him with a year left on his contract. If Rooney has a bad world cup or gets injured, then he might not get a move at all so expect the speculation of him leaving to continue.
Why does it matter if we get more money for him?? Just like getting £90M for Ronaldo really helped us??!!
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
User avatar
dozer
Legend
Posts: 6141
Joined: 7 years ago

7 years ago

Agreed. Let him go for free after one and a half years rather than sell him without an adequate replacement like the likes of Kagawa.
User avatar
Edfuckingwoodward
Legend
Posts: 5858
Joined: 7 years ago

7 years ago

Rooney leaving is an inevitability, and will further cement our decline.
lars072
Legend
Posts: 1738
Joined: 7 years ago

7 years ago

dozer wrote:Agreed. Let him go for free after one and a half years rather than sell him without an adequate replacement like the likes of Kagawa.
yeah let's have the only player to be doing well for us atm to start sulking and causing problems because we won't let him leave ~ take the cash and do something with it (if he wants to leave that is)
User avatar
dozer
Legend
Posts: 6141
Joined: 7 years ago

7 years ago

Hmmm we can buy the current flavour of the month with the money. Who'd that be? Perhaps a swap deal for lukaku will do it.
lars072
Legend
Posts: 1738
Joined: 7 years ago

7 years ago

dozer wrote:Hmmm we can buy the current flavour of the month with the money. Who'd that be? Perhaps a swap deal for lukaku will do it.
Lukaku is already quality ~ Moyes would probably pay Villa 20m for Benteke though
Davey-boy
Legend
Posts: 2895
Joined: 7 years ago

7 years ago

lars072 wrote:
dozer wrote:Hmmm we can buy the current flavour of the month with the money. Who'd that be? Perhaps a swap deal for lukaku will do it.
Lukaku is already quality ~ Moyes would probably pay Villa 20m for Benteke though
Benteke is just up his street; fucking average.
lars072
Legend
Posts: 1738
Joined: 7 years ago

7 years ago

Davey-boy wrote:
lars072 wrote:
dozer wrote:Hmmm we can buy the current flavour of the month with the money. Who'd that be? Perhaps a swap deal for lukaku will do it.
Lukaku is already quality ~ Moyes would probably pay Villa 20m for Benteke though
Benteke is just up his street; fucking average.
Maybe he'll give Jelavic another chance...
User avatar
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend
Posts: 5241
Joined: 7 years ago

7 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
Sid wrote:Rooney is waiting to see if we're likely to get Champions League football next season, and to see whether we're going to improve the squad

If we don't get a top 4 finish and we don't sign anybody of quality then he'll go

And we'll have Moyes to blame tbf because there are other managers, even Martinez, who wwould get more out of this squad than Moyes - enough to finish in the top 4
You don't know that Sid... as much as you hate Moyes, there's no guarantee that ANY manager would do "THAT" much better with this squad of shit.
of course there is
lkhm

hoofing
Post Reply