Yeah...let's get rid of Rooney!

Manchester United chat
Sid
Legend

6 years ago

As English people and/or fans of English football who support an English team lets all agree never to criticise a player for being small ever again given that 3 of the top 4 players in the world are small (Messi, Xavi, Iniesta)

In fact let's not mention height or weight ever again when it comes to footballers
Spudiator
Star Man

6 years ago

I dunno, I think weight's fair game if we're talking about fat fuckers!
Sid
Legend

6 years ago

True, we can talk about fat bastards but there aren't too many of those knocking around nowadays. They're all fit. The days of having ashtrays in the dressing room are gone except maybe at West Ham, and definitely at Stoke before Pulis left.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

6 years ago

Sid wrote:As English people and/or fans of English football who support an English team lets all agree never to criticise a player for being small ever again given that 3 of the top 4 players in the world are small (Messi, Xavi, Iniesta)

In fact let's not mention height or weight ever again when it comes to footballers
It's complete bollocks in the Premier league as well... good footballers can play anywhere, and in fact, it's the big lumps who most often get embarrassed by the little skilful fuckers... one of my all time favourite players, was awesome in the PL... Zola, and he was as short as they come.

By the way, Scholes was only 5ft6 or summat like that.
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Sid
Legend

6 years ago

Yeah, if Messi or Iniesta played in the Premier League they would tear it up. The only thing that would perhaps make them struggle is the way English teams are so regimented and drilled.

When Neymar scored a great freekick at the Confederations Cup the commentators simply talked about his weight, as if he scored a freekick despite weighing around 10 stone, as if that somehow hindered his freekick taking (which is all about skill and technique), and hindered his ability to be a great footballer.
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

6 years ago

Sid wrote:As English people and/or fans of English football who support an English team lets all agree never to criticise a player for being small ever again given that 3 of the top 4 players in the world are small (Messi, Xavi, Iniesta)

didn't moyes think thiago might be too small for the prem
lkhm

hoofing
marlon
Legend

6 years ago

Fergie paving the way for a new contract
http://www.rednews.co.uk/forum/showthre ... post839572
"I thought Wayne's performance was fantastic. I was pleased to see that. He's got his energy back, his determination, his purpose to attack players, was all very, very encouraging for me, and being a director, I'm delighted to see that, he's back to what we always remember him."
Sid
Legend

6 years ago

Now the daft cunt is going to the World Cup he's back to being the Rooney of the last couple of seasons; can't pass for shit, can't control the ball

Should have given away two goals through his shitness
Anantax
Legend

6 years ago

Sid wrote:Now the daft cunt is going to the World Cup he's back to being the Rooney of the last couple of seasons; can't pass for shit, can't control the ball

Should have given away two goals through his shitness
He was poor today by his standards....but the really depressing thing is that even so he is still better than many other players on the pitch
Sid
Legend

6 years ago

"by his standards" by anybody's standards he was shit

He was better in the first half, quick, lively, in space, dangerous

Second half it was the Rooney that nobody other than Chelsea wanted to buy