Jose Mourinho

Manchester United chat
dozer
Legend

6 months ago

Yep. Lukaku could do well on the right. He's good at running at players, he can cut in and he's got a very good final ball. Top class in fact.
swampash
Legend

6 months ago

Ash/dozer: good point. Just to stir it up a bit, that is also exactly the sort of shape that brought the best out of MickyT at Dortmund.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
sheesh
Legend

6 months ago

Mourinho is entitled to defend Pogba just as Scholes is entitled to express an opinion about him. It's a stupid war to start, though, as there can only ever be one winner where a club legend is involved.
dozer
Legend

6 months ago

The point is Scholes wasn't having a pop at Pogba. He was targeting Jose.
Jose took himself out of this issue and made it a Scholes vs Pogba debate.
bman2
Legend

6 months ago

It’s just a bit of back and forth. Scholes is a bit of a grumpy fuck as a pundit, to be frank. Now that Jose’s raised the issue, I’d like him to be involved in the coaching somehow. I’d like to see one of our former players become our DoF. Not someone who’s gonna be an unsatisfied backseat manager, like I think Giggs would be.
bman2
Legend

6 months ago

Jose and the "club hierarchy" now seem to be briefing against each other in the papers the past few days. I think it's all over. He'll probably see the season out, but he's not going to be our manager next season.

So the question is, what now? I really hope there's some planning in place, after all, no one could have counted on him sticking around for longer than 2 or 3 seasons, no matter the results.

And apart from the question of who our next manager should be or will be, there's the fact that he has raised some good points. Is the club going to invest enough to compete with the likes of City or PSG? Is that even possible for a financially self-sustaining club?
Sid
Legend

6 months ago

Manchester United board fear Jose Mourinho will resign before next season http://metro.co.uk/2018/01/03/mancheste ... n-7202132/

Looks like you're right, Bman. All the rags are reporting this. Shit's going down behind the scenes.

Personally attacking Scholes was a turning point IMO. Implying he's just jealous of Pogba's wages and Jose's trophies is a load of shit, as he's one of the richest most successful players ever. Some in the heirarchy will be fuming, they'll see it as disrespecting one of United's royalty. Gaal mentioned him but he never got personal in front of the worlds media. Scholes has the ear of Fergie n all who'll be pissed. And Charlton will be sat there going this is why I didn't want him in the first place.

I think more than anything it shows he's just not that arsed. Still living in a travel tavern, publicly asked PSG for a job, slagged the fans, lied about the fans booing Lukaku, hung everybody out to dry even the ballboys who he sacked, hasn't tweaked his shite football in key games to suit the club - he's just not arsed.
Sid
Legend

6 months ago

Butthurt by an article about him wanting out :))

All the rags reported it, imagine how triggered he was when he saw em all in the newsagents when he was buying Mickey a Fruit Shoot
dozer
Legend

6 months ago

Laz is back eh? I thought he stopped supporting United because we weren't Rooney fc anymore.

Good to have you back.
Sid
Legend

6 months ago

Laz is the only whose remained consistent about not liking the shite football