Jose Mourinho

Manchester United chat
Snoopcousins
Legend

3 months ago

[quote="Sid"]What he does with Gomes will be telling. He's the epitome of a rough diamond that just needs polishing. He's at the age now were he needs to play to get experience and fulfill his destiny. Jose has to let him, has to guide him.[/quote

Yep ...totally agree
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
bman2
Legend

3 months ago

Gomes is still only 17, might be a bit much to expect a lot of game time now or even next season.
Sid
Legend

3 months ago

He's 18 in august though Bman aka the start of next season, so he has to play more then. Still cameo appearances like, but he has to be included otherwise he'll go elsewhere. Barca were after him remember, it'd be hard to turn them down if he's frustrated by not getting game time.

Jose needs to start thinking where he can play next season, what position, inside forward, centre mid etc. That will show the cunt he's in the managers plans.
pint vulger
Legend

3 months ago

RIP.
Lazarus
Legend

3 months ago

Anyone want to have one of those mythical Rant football debates and tell me what they think is wrong with this article?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/bl ... -labouring
"NO BILL POSTERS" [-X
Sid
Legend

3 months ago

The guardian gets it!!

It's bang on. And right when it says Guardiola will struggle eventually too. Football will progress, find ways around his style and incorporate new bits from new managers, so he'll have to adapt and be willing to embrace new ideas himself to remain successful. He can't just stubbornly commit to a flawed system like Wenger.

But tbf Fergie's the only one I can think of that changed from era to era and remained successful. Managers seem weirdly stuck in their ways.
bman2
Legend

3 months ago

Jose's sides have a tendency to flag in the second half of the season don't they? Because he doesn't rotate much. Matic, Valencia, and others might be getting worn out a bit, carrying knocks and pains, it probably has a general effect to sap the energy from the side a bit.

But it's really fucked up that Sanchez's signing hasn't given the team a lift. I think that's worrying.
FuB
Legend

3 months ago

Tbf he hasn't had a great deal of opportunity to rotate even had he wanted to. He either has no alternatives, doesn't appear to trust those he has or those he has have been injured. At least van Gaal took the risk of throwing on an unknown quantity in Rashford. Mourinho seems pretty stoic in his use of two gloriously inept defenders rather than at least trying an unknown option. In the case of Fosu Mensah and Tuanzebe, they're not even really unknowns.
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
Lazarus
Legend

3 months ago

Fub every manager has to deal with those factors that's the job. He's had 4 or 5 transfer windows.
"NO BILL POSTERS" [-X
bman2
Legend

3 months ago

Yeah that's true, the cupboard's a bit bare, especially when injuries are taken into account, and especially in midfield. He doesn't seem to rate Herrera at all now, after getting some decent defensive midfield performances out of him last season.

Blind, Darmian, these guys never into get a sight of the pitch these days.