Jose Mourinho

Manchester United chat
User avatar
bman2
Legend
Posts: 7518
Joined: 6 years ago

1 year ago

Eh, I’m not fussed about Shaw. Every manager has had a problem with him, he looks fat, and we were wide open on the left when he was on the pitch. He’s looked talented in the past.

Pogba and Martial are a whole other matter.
User avatar
FuB
Legend
Posts: 5722
Joined: 4 years ago
Location: Littlewoods Data Entry Department

1 year ago

bman2 wrote:
1 year ago
Eh, I’m not fussed about Shaw. Every manager has had a problem with him, he looks fat, and we were wide open on the left when he was on the pitch. He’s looked talented in the past.

Pogba and Martial are a whole other matter.
i agree that Shaw generally looks like a porker who's fighting not to show it.

However, if people insist on this rhetoric that such and such (i.e Pogba, Martial and others) is really much better than we're seeing and it's a combination of Mourinho's tactics, training regime, whether they're a bit impetuous or maybe just a bit sad for whatever reason, blah blah fucking blah, THEN... we surely have to extend all this courtesy to Shaw as well. Nearly all of these players are being placed on a pedestal for, often, just flashes of brilliance here and there whilst playing for United or, worse, brilliance they showed in their former teams. Whether player X, Y or Z is shit or not or ruined by Mourinho or not, seems to be an argument in common with these players. They are all playing for United under a specific regime and that's the common factor... it still all leads to Mourinho.

I appreciate Shaw had issues with other managers but he seemed to be breaking into the team with a bang before he smashed his leg up. Pretty sure LVG wasn't going to dump him otherwise, despite having been one of those managers who criticised him.

I should point out that I've often been of the same mind as dozer on the matter of Shaw... brilliant in attack but that often puts him well out of position and he only manages to sort things at the last second due to his speed. If you contrast with Valencia, he's often putting in telling tackles because he's read danger that others haven't. When did we see Shaw do that?
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
Unitedroad
Reserves
Posts: 56
Joined: 1 year ago

1 year ago

Utd need two proper quality full backs ,not converted wingers .
User avatar
swampash
Legend
Posts: 4478
Joined: 6 years ago

1 year ago

Never been convinced Shaw was a good buy
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
User avatar
FuB
Legend
Posts: 5722
Joined: 4 years ago
Location: Littlewoods Data Entry Department

1 year ago

swampash wrote:
1 year ago
Never been convinced Shaw was a good buy
For some of us, I think that's true of others... including Pogba, for instance
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
User avatar
Sid
Legend
Posts: 23923
Joined: 6 years ago

1 year ago

bman2 wrote:
1 year ago
Eh, I’m not fussed about Shaw. Every manager has had a problem with him, he looks fat, and we were wide open on the left when he was on the pitch. He’s looked talented in the past.

Pogba and Martial are a whole other matter.
Are you expecting the finished product in his late teens and early 20s? He needs to improve certain areas like all young players because he's still learning the position and the game. But that's what the manager's there for, to improve him. He had a season off with injury too so his development is behind.

He's worth perservering with IMO. But that's not going to happen under Jose so it's irrelevant. Time we moved on.
User avatar
Edfuckingwoodward
Legend
Posts: 5131
Joined: 6 years ago

1 year ago

It's not just about Shaw though is it? He's clashing with more and more people. Even the players who he isn't laying into look miserable as fuck. There's not chemistry or spirit in that team. And the common link is the manager.

Players under Ferguson used to speak about he made them feel 10 feet tall. Golden rule - hammer them in private but defend them to the hilt in public.

Under Mourinho, they're all wilting.
User avatar
Snoopcousins
Legend
Posts: 4529
Joined: 6 years ago

1 year ago

ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:
1 year ago
It's not just about Shaw though is it? He's clashing with more and more people. Even the players who he isn't laying into look miserable as fuck. There's not chemistry or spirit in that team. And the common link is the manager.

Players under Ferguson used to speak about he made them feel 10 feet tall. Golden rule - hammer them in private but defend them to the hilt in public.

Under Mourinho, they're all wilting.
Says a lot about their characters then ....
Explains why a lot of them are pussies on the pitch
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
User avatar
FuB
Legend
Posts: 5722
Joined: 4 years ago
Location: Littlewoods Data Entry Department

1 year ago

there's been much talk here about "the dross" and how mourinho is preferring them and making them play better in his system. is this not, perhaps, because he's essentially dragged the whole caboodle down to the level of "dross" and those players are just better at working at that level?
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
User avatar
Snoopcousins
Legend
Posts: 4529
Joined: 6 years ago

1 year ago

FuB wrote:
1 year ago
there's been much talk here about "the dross" and how mourinho is preferring them and making them play better in his system. is this not, perhaps, because he's essentially dragged the whole caboodle down to the level of "dross" and those players are just better at working at that level?
Last season Sid et al was disgusted at 5th place even tho we still got CL Qf saying 2nd or 3rd would have been sooo much better etc....
This year we are on for 2nd place and maybe a cup and yet now they are waxing lyrical about Spurs and Liverpool even tho they are below us
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
Post Reply