Jose Mourinho

Manchester United chat
Snoopcousins
Legend

2 years ago

So...a lot of papers reporting a 3 year £15m/yr contract is signed starting in the summer.
Also reports of a £300m transfer kitty...

I'm happy with Mourinho, I think he's the only manager who can get us competing again especially to take on Guardiola. There's going to be some good managers in the PL next year...we were in danger of being left behind.

A problem might be if we fail to get top 4 this year in signing top players.... Maybe they wanted to keep LVG til the summer hoping that the stability will see a top 4...tho I think it would Hav been better to hav brought Jose in before the Jan transfer window.
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

2 years ago

Snoopcousins wrote:So...a lot of papers reporting a 3 year £15m/yr contract is signed starting in the summer.
Also reports of a £300m transfer kitty...

I'm happy with Mourinho, I think he's the only manager who can get us competing again especially to take on Guardiola. There's going to be some good managers in the PL next year...we were in danger of being left behind.

A problem might be if we fail to get top 4 this year in signing top players.... Maybe they wanted to keep LVG til the summer hoping that the stability will see a top 4...tho I think it would Hav been better to hav brought Jose in before the Jan transfer window.
I wouldn't be too quick to believe it just yet...

The press has got it in for Van Gall, and they really seem to be enjoying this little torment... if it is true, it'll be interesting, and probably quite painful to watch Van Gall deal with it tomorrow in his Friday presser...

I definitely wouldn't take any notice of the £300mill warchest shite though... I can't see Woodwormn having that kind of freedom after the mess he's made of every transfer window he's been in charge of...

What I do hope is true is the rumour we're going after Atleticos director of football... send Woodworm back to his desk to count coppers, and leave the football to football men...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

2 years ago

I'd be happy with it, but I'm not convinced. If the decision has been made, why not bring him in now and give him some time to assess the squad properly?

If they believe Mourinho is the man, more so than Van Gaal, where's the logic in having Van Gaal shoot for the top 4 given the problems we've had?
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

2 years ago

ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:I'd be happy with it, but I'm not convinced. If the decision has been made, why not bring him in now and give him some time to assess the squad properly?

If they believe Mourinho is the man, more so than Van Gaal, where's the logic in having Van Gaal shoot for the top 4 given the problems we've had?
Aye... what can we expect for the rest of this season, from a manager who's being told, "you had your chance, fucked it up, we'll be replacing you end of the season, please try and get us top 4 before you clear out though, yeah?"

Or the players, some who might be glad to be shot of him, some who might feel they've let him down, and some who no doubt will think, Mourinho will be shipping them out first thing...???

As usual of late... we couldn't have made a bigger mess of this, if we'd have put Steven Gerrard in charge...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Snoopcousins
Legend

2 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:I'd be happy with it, but I'm not convinced. If the decision has been made, why not bring him in now and give him some time to assess the squad properly?

Aye... what can we expect for the rest of this season, from a manager who's being told, "you had your chance, fucked it up, we'll be replacing you end of the season, please try and get us top 4 before you clear out though, yeah?"

Or the players, some who might be glad to be shot of him, some who might feel they've let him down, and some who no doubt will think, Mourinho will be shipping them out first thing...???

As usual of late... we couldn't have made a bigger mess of this, if we'd have put Steven Gerrard in charge...
This is very true.

As much as I think they wud hav done well getting Mourinho and I'd be impressed if there is actually a huge warchest ...it's kinda pointless if we don't get into CL next season.
It's going to be hard enough attracting top players with City/Guardiola etc all wanting to spend big- he can big up bids for Neymar etc but that's a crock of shit.
It's typical of us the last few years, a good decision is marred by complete incompetency....Mourinho should hav been brought in start of January- fix the squad as best he could and rally a top 4 finish building on next season.
We will be relying on Arsenal, City or Spurs messing up now to let us in top 4 but I can't see it

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

2 years ago

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... peculation

"But although United executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward is looking at various options for United's future, any talk of a deal with Mourinho is premature.

It is understood there have been no decisions and no deals yet and United are relaxed about their managerial situation - especially on the back of another set of strong financial figures."

Yeah, that sounds about right...
Snoopcousins
Legend

2 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... peculation

"But although United executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward is looking at various options for United's future, any talk of a deal with Mourinho is premature.

It is understood there have been no decisions and no deals yet and United are relaxed about their managerial situation - especially on the back of another set of strong financial figures."

Yeah, that sounds about right...
Our strategy now seems to be the equivalent of closing the gate after the horse has bolted...reactive rather than pro-active.
Wait until we start losing money or lose out on the top 4 and then just try and do enough to fix it...
We will never be a proper elite club again until the Glazers/woodworm leave and we are run by football people

ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

2 years ago

Yeah. the numbers for the next quarter are good. Who gives a fuck about the football or the longer term view eh?
just1n
Legend

2 years ago

I'm against appointing Mourinho but I can see the logic in waiting until the end of season. Jose pretty much had a meltdown this season. I'm sure a 6 month break won't do him no harm. If he comes in and has a full pre-season then that is good.
[color=#008000]GLAZERS[/color] [color=#FF8000]OUT![/color]
Snoopcousins
Legend

2 years ago

just1n wrote:I'm against appointing Mourinho but I can see the logic in waiting until the end of season. Jose pretty much had a meltdown this season. I'm sure a 6 month break won't do him no harm. If he comes in and has a full pre-season then that is good.
Why? What's the point in a good pre-season if we are out of the CL?