Jose Mourinho

Manchester United chat

Moderators: Alfonso Bedoya, brianofnazarethffs

Forum rules
Sid
Legend

Re: Jose Mourinho

Postby Sid » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:10 pm

It's becoming apparent that Pep has dealt us a massive psychological blow. United fans are totally fucking envious of the football he plays, especially when we have to endure a lot of long ball dross under Jose. It used to be us that played attacking football, that were superior, now it's them. They have the manager we should have, they're playing the football we have historically has played. It's a massive kick in the balls.

ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

Postby ashleyfuckingyoung » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:32 pm

The problem is much, much deeper than the manager.

We're not a proper football outfit. We fucked it all up.

It's done.

Davel
Legend

Postby Davel » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:47 pm

i wont be shocked to hear he`s left the club tonight, as much as i wanted him here i see i was wrong. i can admit i was wrong can woodlouse. i smelt a rat when he never sold felony,blind,garlick,young and smalldick.

Davel
Legend

Postby Davel » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:01 pm

ash I could pick a team of 13 out of our squad to get top 3, so we have the players to get past cidy we need a defence,that doesn`t need our midfield to help them defend. these will have to be purchased,

redzebs
Legend

Postby redzebs » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:29 am

He’s playing his old tried and trusted style that worked 15 years ago but he doesn’t seem to understand with the money in the game, smaller clubs are being run right, getting DOFs in, buying better players and having a fucking go and he can’t get his dome round it, these cannon fodder teams aren’t that anymore and if they are, it’s because the other big teams are having a proper go, playing non defensive nice attacking football. That’s it, it’s not rocket science.
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.

sheesh
Legend

Postby sheesh » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:26 am

[quote="ashleyfuckingyoung"]The problem is much, much deeper than the manager.

We're not a proper football outfit. We fucked it all up.

It's done.[/quote

I feel really strongly about the job Mourinho has done with the players (and funds) at his disposal. At the same time, looking at the bigger picture, I have to agree with the above.

The way it's run is so outdated. We were talking about the Bayern Munich model when Fergie was the manager FFS.

Once Mourinho eventually goes, what then?

ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

Postby ashleyfuckingyoung » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:32 am

It's reductive to talk in terms of 'Moyes/Gaal/Jose fucked it up'. There's plenty about Jose to be uneasy about, particularly in terms of fit with the club. But it's not exactly a disaster. In fact, there's very little about us that could be termed a disaster and it's not a case of one big thing being wrong. But there are too many thing, just broken enough, for us to be a long way from where we need to be.

The structure at the top isn't right. We lack a footballing vision and the leadership to implement it. Our problem starts there, and needs to be addressed there, first and foremost.

Our recruitment policy is poor. We're signing the wrong players, we're overpaying - which in itself isn't a worry because we're shitting money, but it means we can't perform the sort of bold, aggressive major surgery needed.

We have far too many players that either aren't quite good enough yet, or never will be. Far, far too many show glimpses that make you think they could be players, but then tank. Shaw, Martial, Rashford, Lingard, Miki, Mata. Herrera is ok, but nothing more and excels at nothing. Blind, Darmian are just squaddies. Young has had a good season but is hardly top drawer and certainly not one for the future. Lukaku has qualities but again, isn't the right fit for a club wanting to be the best. Zlatan's fucked. Lindelof doesn't look a player at all. Fellaini? Fuck me.

Our play is disjointed, too slow and completely at odds with how top teams play. Even one of our few players with real quality - Pogba - has a playing style that's generally languid and too slow.

You look at our side and probably think it needs to be built around De Gea, Bailly and Pogba. Matic and Valencia can certainly be staples within it for a couple of years. Martial and Rashford have raw talent and age on their side. Lingard is probably worth keeping as a squaddie. But that's it. Everything else is up for grabs for me.

Too much needs fixing. But we need to look past that, see the root of the problem and fix it at the top. Get the vision and means of landing it right, then accept it'll take money, hard work and ambition to get it right. And recruit a coach who can buy into and implement our vision.

Davel
Legend

Postby Davel » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:46 pm

we definately need a coach who is willing to rebuild the squad completely ,
Jose doesn`t have the time for me.
whever its deliberate (play shite rotation to get sacked)
ie: have job lined up elsewhere
or: lost his mojo and knows he`s finished and if sacked gets paid out anyway
or: lost his mojo and clueless as to whats going wrong
or: playing a dangerous game,to force the glaiser to fork out more money
(suprisingly to many i hope for the latter) as if he goes we start again and in 2 years time were here again with the same old story.
I still cant for the life of me think why he did what he did against liverpool and set this in motion other than 1 of the above.

i dont see your vison on bailey (a injury prone center back is as useless as it gets) Its the most important team position on the park, without a controlled line a defence is in chaos
(like ours week in and out).and the rest of the team have to track back,and defend at corners.
ive not seen a decent partnership since rio,vidic its all been mish-mashed injury prone players like jones and rojo,so we dont need another.
strangely weve been shite since rio, he was quite vocal, none of what we have at this time have this leadership abillity, just easier to get 2 completly new CB`s and let them learn to gel, rather than 1, and a injury forced mish-mash again.

bman2
Legend

Postby bman2 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:28 pm

Well, according to Transfermarkt.com, our most expensive starting line-up by their estimation of our players' market values is this:

Martial -- Lukaku -- Mkhitaryan
Pogba
Matic -- Herrera
Blind -- Rojo -- Lindelof -- Bailly
De Gea

I have to say, that looks like a team that you'd expect to be a safe top four, Champions League regular. Maybe not winning the big trophies, but not so far off. I feel that if you were looking at, for example, a biggish continental team like Juventus or Lyon with that line-up you'd think, fuck me, they'll take some beating. Then you add the likes of Mata, Rashford, Lingard, Jones, Valencia, Young -- not even counting injured players like Zlatan and Carrick -- and you have to conclude we should be doing better. If that team was called AC Milan and was coached by someone like Ancelotti, they'd be a good shout for runners up in any league and to go deep in the CL.

Sid
Legend

Postby Sid » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:37 pm

Aye Bman, the squad is easily good enough for top 4 and a decent run in the CL. Anything less and the cunt should be sacked because he clearly can't make them perform to an acceptable standard.