Jose Mourinho

Manchester United chat
Mumford
First Teamer

8 months ago

We seem at the moment to be going theough a similar phase after Matt retired, a phase of overwhelming transfers, and a phase of appointing manangers for fun, the spanner in the machine then was Matts presence at the club, him being moved upstairs, a lot of the players, even new ones drafted in looked to him, I'm wondering if Fergie wandering the corridors is having the same effect.

We all knew what we would get when Mourinho was appointed, he was Fergies first choice, or so it was rumoured, I'm kinda thinking his (Mourinho's)football philosophy is 5 yrs out of date, the same as LVG's was.

I was kinda hoping that the board would be a bit more adventurous in their appointment like with Fergie, by selecting someone like Pochettino or Blanc.

Mourinho for me was always going to introduce boring football.
Take all the courage you have left
And waste it on fixing all the problems that you made in your own head
pint vulger
Legend

8 months ago

Its well documented Mumford that why Busby failed was strangely exactly what happened when Fergie finished ,lack of investment ,with a new ch to replave Bil Foulkes and Gordon Banks plus another class. Player to replace Charlton and Law Utd would have definately denied City,Leeds and Liverpool a free run over the ensuing years.
It took Fergie 3 years and the right circumstances and it will ( if he stays and the jury is knocking on the door) Jose 3 years too ,he would have hoped to pick up a few trophies along the way ,that part hes done.
Despite the hypos and ilk delight in seeing Utd struggle most supporters are still behind him,injuries during this ridiculous xmas fixture run have cost Utd dear.
Whoever advised the Glazers post Moscow want fucking.
Sid
Legend

8 months ago

"It's not Jose's fault, it's the injuries and xmas fixtures" :))

Excuses excuses. All managers have to account for injuries and xmas fixtures, it's part of management. 350m spent and a huge squad. Shut the fuck up.

I told you to stop posting and play with your fire engine you thick cunt
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

8 months ago

this is the end game tbf, he don’t resolve situations like this he exacerbates em
lkhm

hoofing
Sid
Legend

8 months ago

Innit. He never digs himself out of holes, he just makes em deeper then gets the boot.

Still might be a bit premature tbf. Lets see what Everton is like. The hole might not be that deep yet.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

8 months ago

Maybe, but you have to think he knows his own reputation is being questioned... I don't believe the PSG rumours... what the fuck would that outfit want with bruised fruit like Mourinho? In fact, I could see PSG throwing stupid money at Pep, not Mourinho...

I think Mourinho needs THIS job to work out... if this all goes to shit, and he walks, or gets pushed, then I can't see any "Big" club wanting him... might find work in China, Turkey, or the Middle East, but his star don't shine like it used to...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Sid
Legend

8 months ago

Fair comments, Alf

But can I just point out that Pint said “The jury is knocking at the door” :))

Aye, as the famous adage goes

Almost as good as Kevin Keegan's "I'd love to be a mole on the wall in that dressing room"
Mumford
First Teamer

8 months ago

Managers good or bad seem to land aon their arses, llom at Moyes, no matter how they fail dsome board somewhere will employ them, no matter what, Allardyce is another, if he managed as good as he talked he owuld have won the Prme by now.

There will always be some team willing to pay Jose over the odds on his past performance in the hopoe incan do it again, but the game changes so fast, and he hasn't adpated.
Mumford
First Teamer

8 months ago

Managers good or bad seem to land aon their arses, llom at Moyes, no matter how they fail dsome board somewhere will employ them, no matter what, Allardyce is another, if he managed as good as he talked he owuld have won the Prme by now.

There will always be some team willing to pay Jose over the odds on his past performance in the hopoe incan do it again, but the game changes so fast, and he hasn't adpated.
redzebs
Legend

8 months ago

In my opinion, it’s very fucking simple, smaller clubs have got better, there are 4 or 5 teams all competing seriously instead of 2, maybe 3 tops, when zjose first arrived, he’d play Huddersfield and it’d be fuckin Ian Dowie and a load of jobbers, now you’ve smart young foreign managers who are used to different styles than the old, rest did our relegation rivals and if we get a point at United or Highbury/The Emirates happy days.

These managers also have contacts and have served their apprenticeships under the likes of Klopp etc.

So Jose goes keep it fought, get 2 or 3, fuck a few defenders on, done.

Then big games, he had sone cracker teams plus he had something to prove and wasn’t so jaded and because Huddersfield would have been beaten 3-0, he had a young Terry Lanpard Drogba Carvalho and his first real successes against us was during our little slump before we won it back 96/07 then we strengthened like fuck and he was off.

But now it’s 0-0 it fucj sake 0-1 down at whatvused to be fodder so instead of taking Lakaku and Pogba off for the next big match, he’s having to fuck more attackers on, as are more busted trying to win and we draw loads so he CANT afford to have a go against the big teams now because he hasn’t got all his bankers.

I honestly see us slipping out of the top four if he doesn’t change it because Arsenal are stinging after that 1 year, Spurs are getting over their wee bump like Chelsea, Liverpool are signing defenders and City are romping it.

We aren’t going to win a trophy so if he doesn’t make top four or like LVG wins the fa cup and misses on goal difference,

Shoukd he get fired? Truth Harry etc?
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.