Jose Mourinho

Manchester United chat
FuB
Legend

10 months ago

Laz... my point wasn't to provide a defence for Mourinho - just to state the facts - and that he'd apparently prefer to buy players for any positions he's identified than throw a touch of caution to the wind and play some players he already has at his disposal (even if it means cancelling a loan). Even those he's bought seem to have trouble fitting whatever style of play he wants... although even that seems fairly undecided at times.
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
Lazarus
Legend

10 months ago

I got that Fub. You said tbf and i think he's had plenty of time the problems are all his doing now.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
bman2
Legend

10 months ago

The problem is not Pogba or anything else. We always go into a tailspin after we play a good side, shit ourselves, close up shop and lose. It has a terrible effect on team morale. You think Pogba and the likes aren’t mates with the other top players at rival clubs like City and Spurs? These are young men who spend all day working out, absolutely bursting at the seams with testosterone. When we go up against City, Chelsea, or Spurs, play like small time gutless fucks and don’t try to beat them on every square inch of the pitch, that always leads to the team looking like shit for the next few matches. Imagine the slagging our players get after setting up to shit ourselves in these big matches? Jose’s a good manager, but he has to realize this doesn’t cut it anymore.
FuB
Legend

10 months ago

I've said this sort of thing a couple of times, previously. there has to be a psychological impact of watching other teams like City, Spurs and Liverpool go all out to batter teams (in the latter cases not always successfully) yet be sent out to be cautiously defensive even against teams in the bottom half of the table. I can't see how this can't make the players feel there's a lack of trust in their attacking abilities which leads to them losing faith in themselves.
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
Sid
Legend

10 months ago

Journo David Kidd goes in two footed

"Mourinho is moulding some extraordinary footballers into one distinctly average Manchester United side.

"Defeats at Tottenham and Newcastle have laid bare the fact that players are not improving individually or collectively under Mourinho, a manager who no longer seems to learn from his mistakes.

"At dressing-room and boardroom level, United are making it up as they go along.

"This is a very different Mourinho. Jaded, careworn, paranoid — and failing."

Nowt a lot of fans aren't saying though tbf. We really need to beat Chelsea. It will quieten down the discontent.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

10 months ago

The key bit in that statement, is "boardroom level, United are making it up as they go along."... Mourinho is the manager, for good or bad... but he's not the problem!
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Steggo
Legend

10 months ago

I read somewhere the other day that Gaurdiola has improved every player in the City squad. Whether this is just hype is not important. It got me thinking about Jose. Can it be said of him that he has improved one player in the United squad? I certainly cannot think of one and in fact it seems several have taken backwards steps. Take away the suspect tactics in important games,the very average substitutions and the questionable team selections and it becomes important because improved players are better players.And David Kidd is absolutely right. Jose looks jaded etc and perhaps arrived at United 3 years too late. He certainly is not the manager he was.He just seems to dampen any sort of sense of adventure his players might have had. Very depressing because I thought he might have been the answer. But then again we thought that about Dave Sexton!
Davel
Legend

10 months ago

he is the problem Alf, i`m a plumber but could easily field a better team and tactics than what he sent out against newcastle.

He seems unable to drop the resident deadbodys overboard,loans out far better players because there too young ,and also incapable of dropping lucky and a few other of his buys.
(must be that pudding he`s scared of) :).

wheres the passion (the bite)an entire squad of wage earners. as a matter of fact the only 2 players who seem to have a side of there game with any passion at all, are normally non starters (rashy and shaw).
this is NOT a boardroom fault its his and his sidekick of many years.

the only real boardroom fault i see is woodlouse will be too scared to sack him as he will look bad for hireing him in the first place.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

10 months ago

Well, for me that sounds like a vacuous statement Steggs... Aguero was already world class, as was Silva and De Bruyne... even Sterling was tearing it up BEFORE Guardiola arrived... then, Guardiola signed more than an entire first 11 to add to that lot...

I think Guardiola knows exactly what he's doing, what he wants, and knows how to get it... he started with a core of great players, spent a fortune to fill out the rest, and signed players that perfectly suit his idea of how football should be played... and now he's winning with it... brilliant but simple strategy...

Mourinho on the other hand... you might be right, that he's past his best... I don't know about that... but I do believe he's swimming in a different direction to the money behind him... there's not a lot of football sense behind Mourinho, and he started this job with a fundamentally broken squad of players... some good players, but mostly a mismatched collection of signings by 3 different managers with completely different ideas of how to go about building a team... Mourinho has spent a lot of money, but how much of that can you even say has been well spent???

It's very frustrating, but I think everyone has to admit to themselves, that we all knew, even before Ferguson retired, that when he did leave, we were in for some hard times... I seem to remember exactly those types of discussions going on here... How bad would/could it get, once he left???

Then, we gifted the job to a fool, who made a laughing stock out of United... followed by another bad appointment, a manager who decided to completely rip up 26 years of football ideology, under the illusion that the fans would suffer through anything until he "got it right"...

Mourinho inherited a mess... whether he's the man to fix it or not, I'm not sure... but we have to back some cunt through the hard times at some point, because NO MANAGER is just going to come in, and win the title without a complete rebuilding of the squad, and the clubs identity and confidence...

But whatever you say about Mourinho, you have to be honest and see the progress in where we are now... the football isn't impressing anyone, but here we are, in second none the less.

Even if he leaves at the end of this season, he will have left us in a fuck of a lot better condition than when he started!
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
sheesh
Legend

10 months ago

I don't know about bad times, Alf. There were articles in the run-up to Fergie's retirement giving off the impression that plans were afoot to deal with Fergie stepping down.

Things needn't have turned out as badly as they did.