Jose Mourinho

Manchester United chat
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

4 months ago

I've no idea what you're talking about Sheesh, because from what I read, Ferguson won the title and basically said, "that's it, I've had enough", and the grand plan was, "oi Moysey??? You want the job?"

But anyway, what I was talking about was the years before that... even back to his premature retirement, when some twat would moan after a few bad results and some boring football, and calling for the "old cunt to fuck off, he was past it"... and someone else would say, careful what you wish for cause we'll suffer when he leaves... they were right!
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
sheesh
Legend

4 months ago

I posted a reply, but have since deleted it. I can't be arsed.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

4 months ago

:(
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
swampash
Legend

4 months ago

Good assessment Alf. I was going to post something similar but you beat me to it and put it better than I could have.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
swampash
Legend

4 months ago

The only thing I would maybe add is that I don’t see Guardiola staying long term at City. He’s already made noises about wanting to manage Brazil. If he has his eyes on the 2022 WC then he will need to be planninh his exit from City, and if he goes about it the same way he did at Bayern it won’t be pretty.
Sid
Legend

4 months ago

I can't see him sticking around either. As it stands City could win the league in first gear, and Guardiola will be bored by that.

And when he goes the Prem will look different. It will be the best of the rest - the rest being nowhere near as good as what we saw this season. But we might have a shot at winning a major trophy then.
swampash
Legend

4 months ago

I don't think it's about boredom actually Sid. I think he's picked his moves deliberately and very carefully. Each one is a step on the journey he has plotted for himself. The next step in the journey he is trying to engineer for himself is winning the World Cup.
Sid
Legend

3 months ago

The defensive nature of his setup has really raised some questions and both Man United fans and ex-pros aren’t happy.

Now, Jose Mourinho has defended his tactics in a very Mourinho way.

“I think many of you are in a new sport, when in England some guys say the wingers shouldn’t defend,” said Mourinho.

“The next time I see David Beckham, I’m going to ask him, ‘When you played right-wing for United, when the left-back attacked, did you stay looking in the stands or track back?’

“Everybody knows I am not a big friend of Roy Keane or Paul Scholes, but I will ask them if they tracked back.

“All of the players look like they have to be free when they don’t have the ball, but when the team has the ball you attack, and when you don’t defend. It’s that simple. But it looks like some guys now are creating a new sport.

“The winning teams, the top teams in the world now, everybody works and has tactical discipline.”
Davel
Legend

3 months ago

He`s looked a shadow of his former self since arriving ,and blames every1 else,for his decisions.
blames the fans /refs /papers,the board, certain players,but never himself.

I dont see anything from him,he was sat there in spain like a stiff with his arms folded, no passion. I did expect a player revolt by november, i do think there is one underway, It started with shaw,has now spread to pogs,and with sanchez ,rashy and martial not looking happy at where he plays them ,or even if he plays them at all.

If he feels the defence is shite and needs 2 or 3 dms to cover the central defenders,why didnt he get shut of smalling, jones etc when he came. No he rather play 2 or 3 ,6 foot DMs to defend corners, but its not normally there job ,its the centerbacks job to cover the big lads sent up.
but he passes responcabillity on to players like pogba or matic or the bog brush because he knows the defenders are lightweight,but how many times has pogs been caught ballwatching at freekicks and we conceed because of this.
Same with the left and rightbacks both wingers of very limited abillity,none good enough to stay here as wingers,so he plays them as so called wing backs,both cant defend for shit,so now our wide attackers have to cover for there disabilitys and we have nothing going forward at any pace as weve only lucky up front and he has bad ball control
He has had a fortunate start to this season a lot of easy games early on,but this meens a lot of hard games near seasons end.
What would it take to get him sacked 5th maybe ? as weve no guarentees with 4 points between 2nd and 5th.
an early CL exit maybe ? this looks like the first hurdle for him
a FA cup defeat by brighton ? yeovil looked like they could have scored so this is not a given.

the guy has been raving about Ronald McDonald the new 6ft+ dm, take it from me mctominay is not prem class maybe scottish prem and thats a loose maybe. I heard he`s young hes 21 i think ?, thats not young anymore. hes had years to break in the squad,and seeing the dogshit weve had in midfield the last 5 years if he was any good he would have carved a position for himself,he`s another limpdick (a squaddie at best) liabillity at worse, ohh and wheres limpdick vanished too i said he would go back to obscurity and stupid celebrations.
sheesh
Legend

3 months ago

As each week passes, the decision to give Mourinho even a one year contract extension is looking ridiculous. I know there's no one else out there, but it is frustrating.

Is anyone on here confident that, after spending in the summer, we'll suddenly play like a United side again?