Jose Mourinho

Manchester United chat
swampash
Legend

3 months ago

Got my own reservations about JoMo but, to be fair, he has stopped the rot that set in with Moyes and LVG, he's got us back into the top 4 and in contention for second place, he's got us into the CL, and he's bringing more quality into the squad. This is still a work-in-progress and, on balance, I think there are more positives than negatives.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
FuB
Legend

3 months ago

I don't disagree with that at all. there are obviously more positives than negatives given the sort of implosion that could have happened/continued after ferguson retired... however, my point was intending to include board level right through to the playing staff. granted - previously, it wasn't good enough at all but, right now, it's all "just enough", even if it is positive.
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
Davel
Legend

3 months ago

our next 2 prem games are liverpool then cidy, these have the seville game sandwiched midweek between them. realistically all going well tonite the hyperthetical 9 points from chelski will be 4 points at best and 3 point in reality, as were getting nothing from cidy,and maybe scrape a draw from liverpool, but this all depends on beating palace tonite (we can easilly do another newcastle). this being the case we`d be 5th after cidy if chelski beat palace at home and spurs at home,
bman2
Legend

3 months ago

swampash wrote:Got my own reservations about JoMo but, to be fair, he has stopped the rot that set in with Moyes and LVG, he's got us back into the top 4 and in contention for second place, he's got us into the CL, and he's bringing more quality into the squad. This is still a work-in-progress and, on balance, I think there are more positives than negatives.

Yeah I agree with that. This season is better than last season, which was better than the season before. So on that basis sticking with Jose makes sense, in addition to his track record. His habit of flaming out in the third season has me worried though. He's not really a builder is he?
FuB
Legend

3 months ago

bman2 wrote:
swampash wrote:Got my own reservations about JoMo but, to be fair, he has stopped the rot that set in with Moyes and LVG, he's got us back into the top 4 and in contention for second place, he's got us into the CL, and he's bringing more quality into the squad. This is still a work-in-progress and, on balance, I think there are more positives than negatives.

Yeah I agree with that. This season is better than last season, which was better than the season before. So on that basis sticking with Jose makes sense, in addition to his track record. His habit of flaming out in the third season has me worried though. He's not really a builder is he?

there seems to be some momentum gathering in the press to catalyse this end of days - whether by obvious leaks or them implying shit in headlines that doesn't actually pay much attention to the story underneath them.
Sid
Legend

3 months ago

I think if City storm ahead again next season playing great football, the shit will hit the fan - not just at our club but others too

The whole thing with Mourinho is you put up with shite football because he wins titles. But if City win them all and we're feeding off their scraps, some players and fans will start seriously questioning his methods because they're clearly way off the new standard. If Sanchez is still having to defend against relegaion teams away he'll kick off. Likewise is Jose slags them in public like he does they'll be less inclined to take it. Same with the fans, if he slags the fans again then they'll start giving him a lot of grief. There'll be a lot more boos than there has been this season.

So for me we have to be within touching distance of City to believe that this shite football is worthwhile
Davel
Legend

3 months ago

this shite is never acceptable sid, if you try and lose its acceptable ,but to do fuckall and lose its sackable. tonites game he`s playing 2 dm`s matic and ronald mcdonald,against a relegated team, shows great team motivation from our fearless leader.
swampash
Legend

3 months ago

Wrong thread, so will post more on City tomorrow in the right thread, but imho City will implode half way through next season...
swampash
Legend

3 months ago

see the 'Other Teams' Stuff'thread for my thoughts - probably bollox and wishful thinking though!!!!
FuB
Legend

3 months ago

swampash wrote:see the 'Other Teams' Stuff'thread for my thoughts - probably bollox and wishful thinking though!!!!

I've moved that section of posts into the Other Teams' Stuff thread for you.