Jose Mourinho

Manchester United chat
Snoopcousins
Legend

3 months ago

Yep- but he clearly doesn’t have Peps unlimited budget....
Jose even said last summer he wanted 4/5 signings and yet he got 3...AND he lost Ibra /Carrick for all of this season....I think it’s clear he wanted more

It’s obvious to me and most that we needed a defense overhaul and also a MF one with the likes of Carrick now past it...

As annoyed as I am about Sevilla he deserves this summer transfer window and to be backed...
And any more matches like Sevilla won’t be tolerated I’m sure by all the fans at the game and myself too
It was must-win game ...and for whatever reason that only he knows he choose to play conservatively- he deserves the shit he’s getting and deserves to be under pressure now
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
marlon
Legend

3 months ago

Ibra was replaced with Lukaku? And Perisic pushing Martial and Rashford out of the team wasn't going to make us better. Same with Matic/Herrera.
Davel
Legend

3 months ago

snoop its not an attacking issue, its a defence problem, all can see it besides el clowno.
we have two old mediocre at best,wingers playing left and right back,and 1 tall coward and a short injury prone clusterfuck as main central defenders.
and signing Perisic or griezman wouldn`t change that. all 4 need to be sold along with the gurner.
So el clowno then plays 2 sometimes 3 dm`s to cover there inabillitys also asking the 2 wingers/strikers to come back and cover,leaving the lump alone upfield.

and as for budget if you take the wages from lingering on`s or dross likw garlick,blind,felont and Co we`d have another £500k + a week for others wages/fees.
bman2
Legend

3 months ago

To be fair, a front three of Martial/Rashford -- Ibrahimovich -- Greizmann might have been pretty ace. That seemed to be the original plan, though we would surely have had to replace Ibra soon enough anyway.

We've got a big gap on the right of the attack. Apparently Sanchez wasn't signed to fill it.

I suppose I actually wouldn't be bothered about holding on to almost any of the players signed by Moyes and Gaal, except for Martial, and even he still has to prove himself. I like Mata a lot, but he's always seemed a bit of a square peg.
Snoopcousins
Legend

3 months ago

Davel - I agree with you in part....and I also said it was a defense issue !
I don’t think we need any more attackers at all- a right winger at some stage in the future maybe...after the DF and MF are sorted ...and maybe a new goalie if DDG leaves

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
Sid
Legend

3 months ago

senna wrote:
Snoopcousins wrote:
senna wrote:Rom was probably the only one trying. He called out teammates for hiding.

Sounds familiar? Ye we've seen it before with players from this group. They are experts in hiding.

It was the same under Moyes, LVG and now Jose. Spineless twats that thought they could just put out the shoes.

Jose clearly needs to go but he won't. If people think it's gonna be any different next season they should stop. If anything it will be worse unless he buys a new team.

The dross are still starting too many games.Young, Valencia, Smalling, Fellaini etc..

It has to be asked tho...why has he been playing the “dross” players like Young, Smalling and Fellaini....

I can’t believe he CHOOSE to have them as first team regulars ...did he get all the players he needed/wanted?
Ok one CB he bought in ljndelof hasn’t worked out and Bailly has been injured a lot....also for whatever reason Shaw isn’t doing the job (even Scholes has stated Shaw hasn’t shown the right atitjde behind the scenes)

He played Ivanovic 24/7 in Chelsea even thou he was clearly over the hill.

Jose has his favorites and players he trust. He has already mentioned Lukaku being one. Clearly Young is another one.

It doesn't matter if the player is mediocre for him. Just do the right "job" and you're in.

Aye, he prioritises the players he can programme and rely on carrying out orders over inconsistent creative players and match winners. It's annoying as fuck because you need a balance otherwise you end up with a boring predictable team.
Sid
Legend

3 months ago

Snoopcousins wrote:I clearly said in the summer I wasn’t happy with what we got!! I remember saying Jose had stated he wanted 4 or 5 signings and got 3!
On top of that we lost Ibra and he want replaced....

Even The United Stand who Sid likes has stated today that Jose didn’t get what he needed/wanted

But....I’m not condoning that Sevilla performance!
No excuses. I said it was just win and he deserves the flack....let’s see what happens all round from here and in the summer now...

I’m questioning why he is playing those dross players

It's just one persons opinion on that channel int it, not the opinion of the entire brand. There are 3 or 4 others on there that want him gone so you could just as easily say the United Stand want him out.

And so what if he didn't get all of the players he wanted. Boo fucking hoo. No manager does. Pep didn't, he didn't get Sanchez. You deal. Jose has got a lot of his targets - more than any of his predecessors and title rivals bar Pep. Fact is we got beat by a team that cost less than one of his signings.

And he's playing the dross because he likes them. It's time you accepted it. He likes reliable average players over inconsistent creative ones.

I've read another one of your posts and it seems like you're coming round to what everybody else on here thinks, so that's good. But to still say "he didn't get all of his targets, Pep has spent more..." - nobody's buying that shite anymore. You don't need to spend another 200m - 650m in total - to beat the 5th place spanish team that can't score for shit. It's a bullshit argument you probably don't really believe anymore.
Snoopcousins
Legend

3 months ago

Sid - those are two unrelated things I said....I clearly said there were no excuses for the Sevilla game....I’m as oissed off as anyone at Jose for thag game....
But even with the disappointment I still see progression in general....but I did say it was a must win game so he really has it all to prove now again especially come the next big game ...unfortunately not many big games left now this season

bman2
Legend

3 months ago

Well, a positive way of looking at it is that it's nice to be furious at getting knocked out of the last 16 of the CL. It's a long time since we had those kind of expectations.
bman2
Legend

3 months ago

Good piece this, more favourably disposed to Mourinho than most lately:

http://www.espn.in/football/club/manchester-united/360/blog/post/3420947/mourinho-flops-in-europe-but-sacking-not-the-answer-despite-sevilla-shambles

He makes a lot of good points.