Legend

Re: Jose Mourinho

Postby sheesh » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:58 pm

Sid
Legend

Postby Sid » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:10 pm

Right, makes sense

But can selling players generate enough dosh to buy us what we need? It looks like we need replacements for Mickey and Lindelof who've been atrocious so far this season. Two costly fuck ups. In the post Neymar transfer market that could be 100m. And that just gets us back to square one. We need more.

sheesh
Legend

Postby sheesh » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:36 pm

True, and this is where we can't completely blame Mourinho.

We only really started spending serious money again after Fergie retired, and we bought some real duds.

This is where the lack of a director of football has been problematic, as each manager we've hired has had his own ideas about who he rates/doesn't rate.

That said, Mourinho has bought enough players, and has had enough time with them, to get us playing better football than the shit we see nearly every week. He'll probably go at the end of the season.

Sid
Legend

Postby Sid » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:12 pm

If he walks then it answers a long pondered question: in the modern game can Jose build a successful team without having unlimited cash? The answer would be no. He needs a blank cheque.

Thing is he isn't going to get that at United. He must know it. We don't have the cash to compete with oil rich clubs and the top spanish 2 in a post Neymar world.

In the future, if the richest clubs sweep up the top players, we'll be better off going back to United's philosophy of old by hiring a manager that coaches players and makes em better, and mix that with a bit of spending and hungry young players, like Dortmund, Atletico, Tottenhan, Napoli do

redzebs
Legend

Postby redzebs » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:06 pm

Recall Fosu, start playing Tuanzabe and McItomney, Rojo was looking good until he got injured, if we sell Smalling we’ll get £20 mill, maybe £35 mill for him and Shaw, Blind could go if we give the two kids aproper chance.

Fellani we might as well keep as long as Jose is around because he’s useful to him and we wouldn’t get a fee because he can talk for free in January.

We need to get more out of this current bunch.

Recall Perriera, Wenger always liked Smalling, I’d offer him and say £30 mill for Sanchez and Ozil or else offer them big wages to come in the summer.

There are good young players there who’ll go on like Pogba and Michael Keane to end up being players we wished we had kept instead of wasting it and loaning of binning them. Gribbin is near back and ready to take his chance plus Gomes and Chong should be bumped up to the reserves from the kids team.

But the way we are set up, you could swap Mickey T and Mata for David Silva and Mane from Liverpool and I don’t think it’d make a fuck load of difference except the two thatvleft us woukd probably start playing well again.

We have a squad and the best pool of youth talent in years, there are players out there available on a free and there are functionable sensible buys that can be made without breaking the bank.

We don’t need fuckin Neymar signings, our x factory players don’t get to show it now so why would we sign more, and surely for fucks sake, he has to give Shaw four or five games otherwise the lad never had a chance under Jose.

If he insists on sticking with Lakaku in every game, he needs to let him be a poacher, play a 3 man midfield and/or give another player a shot at 10 and sign a winger, an out and out winger to give Lakaku something to work with.

But the club are right, he’s got 7 signings, the worlds top 1 of top 2 keeper, young but experienced players like Rashford and Martial, a good rb, enough of a defence with some excellent prospects so as to not need to sign again there.

It doesn’t matter if we had another £500 million in spare change, he shouldn’t fuckin need it!!!

Perriera is flying at Valencia, he’s played 9 out of their 11 league matches and the cults are second!

He got a standing ovation a week or so ago, they love him, and standing out in the shite of Granada but drawing compliments from big Spanish players and clubs is one thing, impressing and playing a big part at a club that are ahead of both Madrid clubs is quite another.

Recall him, recall Fosu, get Tuanzabe playing more, sell Smalling, Darmian, maybe Blind and buy an out and out winger.

And if we can sign or ore sign Sanchez and Ozil.

Little outlay considering Carrick and Fellanis wages will go, Smalling and Darmian and Blind will be on s lot more than the kids, Id maybe loan Mickey T to see if it is psycholical and he does start playing like before then depending on what happens to Jose, you can sell for more money or bring back in the summer.

But I’d give Shaw a final chance now and play him week in and out for 4 or 5 games and if he’s shite fine, if he’s ok but not great and we want to sell then we might get another few quid.

But we’ve spent the big money on 7 players, we’ve got established decent players, it’s time to coach this extremely talented group of players who are all 19-22, they aren’t kids so they need their chance and not in the Carabo Cup
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.

HARRY
Legend

Postby HARRY » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:42 pm

One of your more sensible and legible posts Zee. Well done.

But I have to question your opinion on Mikki T and Mata for Silva and Mane. You make a point about maybe it wouldn't change how he sets up. I simply have to disagree. And it points out exactly why he sets up like he does. Simply because neither Mata or Mikki have anything like the talent, the industry or the vision of Silva. Not even in he same ball park, and Joey will know it. Christ on a bike knows how many chances he's given them. And Mane's blistering pace and energy would take our forward line to another level. Lets be honest. Mane and Silva would start every game. Nailed on. Again. Just two examples of where we could/need to improve.
"Hi guys...weekends here again. Hope youve all earned a few quid!!".

bman2
Legend

Postby bman2 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:36 pm

No way in fuck would someone like Sanchez pick us over City if he had the option. I don't want Sanchez anyway, he's another right footed guy who cuts in from the left. We already have Rashford and Martial for that. Sanchez is better than them right now, but they are getting better all the time, meanwhile our right flank is a total dead zone. A lefty like Griezmann or Ozil would be perfect.

pint vulger
Legend

Postby pint vulger » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:52 pm

Was just wondering what's happened to Sad ? He hasn't posted for 3 minutes ! It maybe that time of month .

Do people want Jose to fail ,so ultimately Utd failing , just so they can be right on a two bit forum.

Supporters ? ........fucking weird to me

RZ have completely lost your Elgins? What makes you think that playing the tried /some untried kids will be better than experienced internationals, are you ghosting for Pep ,he would laugh all th way down Grey Mare Lane if Jose had a mind fuck and agreed with you I will be amazed if any the lads mentioned have a lengthy Utd career.

HARRY
Legend

Postby HARRY » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:52 pm

Was just wondering what's happened to Sad ? He hasn't posted for 3 minutes ! It maybe that time of month .

Do people want Jose to fail ,so ultimately Utd failing , just so they can be right on a two bit forum.

Supporters ? ........fucking weird to me

Errr.. in a nutshell that's exactly what it is.

Your getting the swing of it now PV. Give him his due though, he doesn't try and deny it. But whenever we have a poor run the other pricks like Foobles and Talkbollix come from under their misery stones. And if we don't beat everyone 7-0 bman wants to nuke the planet. Its kind of scary but in a comedic way.

Pinch of, if not fist full of salt I suggest.
"Hi guys...weekends here again. Hope youve all earned a few quid!!".

Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

Postby Alfonso Bedoya » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:11 pm

Don't know what your problem with Bernie is... he's one of the few here talking any sense... Mourinho has done alright, made us better, but plays shit football, and is likely to bugger off before the job is done... I make that spot on...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."

Return to “The Rant Forum”