Jose Mourinho

Manchester United chat
FuB
Legend

1 month ago

well, that seems like a bizarre choice in must-win games... chuck on someone you've not found any other way to develop.

unless, of course - as has been suggested in the press, etc. - you just want to be a cunt
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
Snoopcousins
Legend

1 month ago

FuB wrote:
1 month ago
well, that seems like a bizarre choice in must-win games... chuck on someone you've not found any other way to develop.

unless, of course - as has been suggested in the press, etc. - you just want to be a cunt
See....that can looked at differently as well....
It could be looked on as he trying to show him he has faith that in him to start him in a must win game...to see if that motivates him!

But tbf....it was Brighton at Home....it may have been must win but was hardly Barcelona we were playing
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
redzebs
Legend

1 month ago

Saying he basically played him for a half so at least 45 mins when he was on the touchline side he could tell him what to do was a joke, and not as in ha ha.
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
Snoopcousins
Legend

1 month ago

He couldn’t do it under LVG and even Poch criticised him....
He’s. It going to make it at Utd....and I doubt he’ll make it at another big club....

TalkSPORT talked about how at every club they had to employ a person to basically follow him around to make sure he ate the right things and didn’t fuck around as he had no self-control and wasn’t disciplined enough.... that’s damning for a professional sportsman

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
Sid
Legend

1 month ago

If Jose's public call out tactics worked we'd be playing great football. But they don't. Not one player has responded to his public criticism, from Lingard to Martial who he's also called out, by playing better. They're all still playing shite. So even if Shaw is unprofessional, fat and shite it still doesn't justify Jose's tactics

I agree with the Football Ramble pundits, this has all the hallmarks of bullying. He tends to pick on the young impressionable players. He didn't single out Ibra when he missed numerous chances last season which resulted in dropped points and a 6th place finish. He kept his mouth shut because Ibra wouldn't tolerate it. He'd respond physically if it got physical, and verbally if he gave him some chat which would be embarrassing for the cunt. He'd probably turn other players against Jose too being a powerful figure.
Snoopcousins
Legend

1 month ago

Ibra has shown over the years he is a top pro- he’s be as down on himself as anyone for missing chances etc..... Shaw has done nothing of Note in the game yet other than earn millions from being at Utd.... he has it all to prove ....if he can’t get his shit together and Jose has had to criticise him then so be it.....
He’s done at Utd now I think anyway.....one of Sandro or Sessegnon looks likely

Sid
Legend

1 month ago

Nah he wouldn't dare square up to Ibra physically or slag him publicly because he'd respond and it would be ugly. He's a bottlejob cunt. He picks on the young fringe players like Martial and Lingard, not the main ones.

He's clearly had a go at Pogba behind closed doors - not in front of the cameras, wouldn't dare - and Pogba's not taken it lightly like Shaw, Martial, Lingard, he's gone fuck you, and now he's not playing and the team is worse off for it. Ibra would do the same only with a roundhouse kick thrown in and Jose would have to get some expensive sunglasses from the United sunglasses sponsor. Like I said these tactics don't work.

It seems Jose's expert genius coaching of young players amounts to standing in the rain with an umbrella watching them train and then calling them out in public when they do something he doesn't like.
Lazarus
Legend

1 month ago

redzebs wrote:
1 month ago
FuB wrote:
1 month ago
Ok, Snoops... let's try and put this in terms that your razor sharp detective's mind might find easier to understand:

So, there you are one day out minding your own business doling out some breach of the peace awards to the needy many when, suddenly, a call comes out calling you to a nice well-to-do house in a nice area of the city. Shock horror! There's been a burglary! Immediately you jump into your patrol car, possibly through the window like Starsky and Hutch, and head on over to investigate.

Later that day, whilst polishing your truncheon, you get a call to another house in a pretty run down area of the city. There's been another burglary! Well, well, well. Even though it's hardly worth checking out a crime committed on a poor person, you decide it's your duty to do so and head on over to investigate.

When you get back to the station with all your bagged up evidence, you notice that from both houses you've retrieved a business card for Mr. A. Thief! Heavens above! That just can't be right, can it? I mean... those were two completely different houses so it makes no sense to link the two crimes, does it?

Haha, you’ve taken over the Zebs post while I have made mine shorter! (A bit!)

I agree that saying Pogba and Shaw are totally different is a load of balls but I think now we need to just watch jokey wise depending on people’s jobs, I don’t want to get into anyone’s personal life because it’s personal but also at the end of the day, while we have a lot of jobsworths who are there to be witty on the local areas twitter and “engage” with the public still, the new generation who are the actual ass kickers when needed, don’t really do profiling or have the same prejudices other City’s do and I know Snoops goes in hard at the deep end so although disclosed, can we keep that type of talk and announcements to other new members off the books?

I know alias's are used but I also know banks now specifically hire (no joke this is their job, I’ve seen it) employees to try and find anything negative online and staff who say the most minor things have been sacked over it, so I know it’s petty but I’m always uncomfortable and it’s not my business but the po po schtick should probably stop, what do you say Snoops?

But yeah your inability to see the woods from the trees when it comes to Jose is shocking!!!!
I've already been all over this with Snoop on PM's ages ago. Respected his privacy, asked him if he was sure it was a good idea. Snoops was well aware what he was doing and how some of us felt about the Police. TBF he's handled it well and so has everyone else.
"NO BILL POSTERS" [-X
Lazarus
Legend

1 month ago

Snoopcousins wrote:
1 month ago
I have no problem with talk of professions etc....I have a lot of mates on car forums in NI ,who are in traffic branch, and Will
Regulators answer Police related questions re traffic etc....
My address and ID are not registered here as far as I’m aware so I’ve no issues with that but i don’tike being made out to be a bumbling Inspector Cluseau lol
But zebs is right in general ....I obviously need to watch what I’m involved but in here in case I ever went for a role that had an enhanced background check! Not sure they’d appreciate the old school chat on here lol

But I kinda agree with Dozer - and I say they’re different situations because I’ve never really seen Shaw being amazing ?
Whereas Pogba has been very good on plenty of occasions for us....and What’s going on between Pogba and Jose is different to what Jose is thing to get from Shaw

TalkSPORT yesterday had a good article about this
Question being, would Jose be wrong to kick out those who just arnt good enough for United?

Looks like Shaw is lacking something to be a top player for Utd,
Can Martial step it up to perform every week like a Giggs used to?
I’m. It even going to ignore Pogba - is he going to step up and be our main man to build a team around?

We lack real characters who don’t shrink, Matic is probably our main player now who steps up
Yup that was me as well....... But come on it was obviously Pint and obviously a joke.
"NO BILL POSTERS" [-X
dozer
Legend

1 month ago

FuB wrote:
1 month ago
I take what you're saying there, Zebs, and that's fair enough. I would say, though, that Snoops has made posts just a couple of weeks back highlighting his profession so I hadn't got the impression he was concerned about it and nor do I think he says anything here that should jeopardise his job (I realise of course that it's not for me to decide that)

I'd also deliberately chosen an extremely exaggerated form to highlight that it was an absurd situation. I'd done that specifically because I also think it's absurd to answer someone's post saying that, regardless of how different any particular player is, they all have a unifying situation which is being in a team managed by Mourinho - so if one deserves to be given a bye for that, they both do... by saying "yeah but they're different".

dozer is doing the same thing. it's ridiculous. both players are failing to develop as we would like under Mourinho. I don't much care for Shaw either - I've posted enough to point that out - but Mourinho is responsible, in one way or another, for both failures.
We shouldn't be accusing managers of failing players; it's possible that's true but it's hard to say.
Fergie was a great manager but many top players have failed under him; who's responsible?
Yeah, Shaw and Pogba could be Jose's fault. But maybe not. Shaw's been crap earlier. Same with Jones and Smalling. And Rojo too.
Players like DDG, Valencia, Ibra, Matic, Rashford, Fellaini etc haven't regressed under Jose.

My point is, we don't really know if it's the manager's fault.
I think we should rate a manager based on his OVERALL performance
  • Look at the league standing - 2nd is okay for now.
    Champions league - unacceptable.
    Overall gameplay - boring, unacceptable, no cohesion in our attacking players.
Individuals? Meh, some are doing well under Jose, some aren't. I blame Pogba; he seems to have the excuse where he needs Messi to play well. He's been poor.
Shaw's crap like Jones and Smalling.