Jose Mourinho

Manchester United chat
Lazarus
Legend

3 months ago

Snoopcousins wrote:
3 months ago
Ibra has shown over the years he is a top pro- he’s be as down on himself as anyone for missing chances etc..... Shaw has done nothing of Note in the game yet other than earn millions from being at Utd.... he has it all to prove ....if he can’t get his shit together and Jose has had to criticise him then so be it.....
He’s done at Utd now I think anyway.....one of Sandro or Sessegnon looks likely

....and were off in the Crystal Ball hurdles. "And it's Sandro in the lead down the straight, closely followed by Sessegnon. Pele, Ronaldo, Zidane, Greaseman, Neymar and Jesus Christ make up the pack following hot on our early leader's heals!"
"NO BILL POSTERS" [-X
Lazarus
Legend

3 months ago

dozer wrote:
3 months ago
FuB wrote:
3 months ago
I take what you're saying there, Zebs, and that's fair enough. I would say, though, that Snoops has made posts just a couple of weeks back highlighting his profession so I hadn't got the impression he was concerned about it and nor do I think he says anything here that should jeopardise his job (I realise of course that it's not for me to decide that)

I'd also deliberately chosen an extremely exaggerated form to highlight that it was an absurd situation. I'd done that specifically because I also think it's absurd to answer someone's post saying that, regardless of how different any particular player is, they all have a unifying situation which is being in a team managed by Mourinho - so if one deserves to be given a bye for that, they both do... by saying "yeah but they're different".

dozer is doing the same thing. it's ridiculous. both players are failing to develop as we would like under Mourinho. I don't much care for Shaw either - I've posted enough to point that out - but Mourinho is responsible, in one way or another, for both failures.
We shouldn't be accusing managers of failing players; it's possible that's true but it's hard to say.
Fergie was a great manager but many top players have failed under him; who's responsible?
Yeah, Shaw and Pogba could be Jose's fault. But maybe not. Shaw's been crap earlier. Same with Jones and Smalling. And Rojo too.
Players like DDG, Valencia, Ibra, Matic, Rashford, Fellaini etc haven't regressed under Jose.

My point is, we don't really know if it's the manager's fault.
I think we should rate a manager based on his OVERALL performance
  • Look at the league standing - 2nd is okay for now.
    Champions league - unacceptable.
    Overall gameplay - boring, unacceptable, no cohesion in our attacking players.
Individuals? Meh, some are doing well under Jose, some aren't. I blame Pogba; he seems to have the excuse where he needs Messi to play well. He's been poor.
Shaw's crap like Jones and Smalling.

So it's all a mystery then....... who knows really?
"NO BILL POSTERS" [-X
FuB
Legend

3 months ago

dozer wrote:
3 months ago

We shouldn't be accusing managers of failing players; it's possible that's true but it's hard to say.
Fergie was a great manager but many top players have failed under him; who's responsible?
Yeah, Shaw and Pogba could be Jose's fault. But maybe not. Shaw's been crap earlier. Same with Jones and Smalling. And Rojo too.
Players like DDG, Valencia, Ibra, Matic, Rashford, Fellaini etc haven't regressed under Jose.
why not, dozer? what's their fucking job? making the players play to their best ability is surely part of it even if it's not all of it.
dozer wrote:
3 months ago
My point is, we don't really know if it's the manager's fault.
I think we should rate a manager based on his OVERALL performance
  • Look at the league standing - 2nd is okay for now.
    Champions league - unacceptable.
    Overall gameplay - boring, unacceptable, no cohesion in our attacking players.
Individuals? Meh, some are doing well under Jose, some aren't. I blame Pogba; he seems to have the excuse where he needs Messi to play well. He's been poor.
Shaw's crap like Jones and Smalling.
you don't really know if it's the manager's fault but everything you're posting lately implies you know it's Shaw's fault.

This is my (and Marlon's) point. Your double standards are vomit-worthy.
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
Snoopcousins
Legend

3 months ago

But fub - I one including you are seeing it as possibly Shaws faukt!! It works both ways

Ref crystal ball...I said it looks likely ....hardly making a prediction
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
FuB
Legend

3 months ago

Snoopcousins wrote:
3 months ago
But fub - I one including you are seeing it as possibly Shaws faukt!! It works both ways

Ref crystal ball...I said it looks likely ....hardly making a prediction
that's twice in 24 hours you've failed to read a post correctly and posted an opposing view.

first off, I was addressing dozer and secondly, it's the absolute certainty that he attributes to one hypothesis whilst making a deal of not knowing for the other side of the coin that irritates me.

again, the benefit of the doubt needs to be given to all parties if you want to give it to any of them. If not, you're blatantly showing the bias that everyone else is calling you out for.
dozer
Legend

3 months ago

It's Shaw's fault ffs. He was crap before Jose joined.
It's as if he was Ashley Cole prior to Jose joining the club.
What double standards? As if ranters here don't slag off other players. If it's a player you don't like then you don't blame Jose.

Jose might be crap now.
Shaw's definitely crap tho.
If Guardiola were to join tomorrow he'd buy 3 left backs and give Shaw a chunky and a transfer.
FuB
Legend

3 months ago

you're also missing the point again and again, dozer.

people are coming out with shit implying we all need to give pogba (for instance) a bit of leeway because he's such a great player, honest... it's just jose that's making him seem shit lately...

if people (not necessarily you) want to give pogba/whoever a bit of leeway or excuses or comparisons to past performances (at united or past teams) then why is it so difficult to give that leeway to others? why can excuses be given for one player but not be applicable to another?
bman2
Legend

3 months ago

How are Pogba and Shaw equivalent? Pogba was a key player in a Juve team that won four titles and got to a CL final, and also the French national team that got to the final. Luke Shaw is a player that looks talented but has achieved nothing and has been benched and publicly criticised by every manager he's had. So if Pogba isn't playing well, it's only logical to be more hopeful that he will come good.
FuB
Legend

3 months ago

There's no intention to make them equivalent.

The issue is that, when it's Pogba we're talking about it's all "oh well, he was great before IN (AN)OTHER TEAM(S) so it must be Jose that's the issue" but, when it's Shaw (who I've pointed out that I have no particular interest in defending) it's all "yeah, well he was always shit so no surprise". So Mourinho has been great with a terrible Shaw but terrible with a great Pogba?
Davel
Legend

3 months ago

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU GUYS are you actually being taken in by the decietfull cunt, he says shaw is bad and you beleive it, i cant think of 1 occasion where shaw has been directly responsable for us conceeding, i await being corrected but doubt it. you sit here posting he`s shit but he`s a defender not a striker,his job is not to let the opponants score. a job he does well and gets dropped. either el moron is attempting to fuck us up, attempting to get the sack . but many here defend him and actually beleive him.
Its rumoured that i`m quite outspoken about players being shite, and always right :) . maybe not on the latter as i wanted mou in the first place, even a genius is not correct 100% of the time.:) but has any1 heard me lay into shaw ?, i`m not infested with some red virus that blinds the truth, i see it as it is and say so.
Ive watched the game against brighton, and didn`t see shaw put a foot wrong. In fact the opposite he did well,Ive not seen a goal this season that was down to his fault. the rest of the defence have multitudes of errors and still get the nod.
He stated he subbed shaw at halftime because both fullbacks were not playing good ? did we conceede ? did shaw fuck-up ? he`s a lieing cunt, it turns out he and shaw had a set-to in training and the nasty twat hoped shaw would fuck up ,but as he was having a steady game he dragged him off so not to make him look good.