Jose Mourinho

Manchester United chat

Moderators: Alfonso Bedoya, brianofnazarethffs

Forum rules
bman2
Legend

Re: Jose Mourinho

Postby bman2 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:47 pm

If Scholes was at home minding his own business, it would be outrageous for Mourinho to have a dig at him, but I don’t see much wrong with him returning fire. He’s defending a current player. At least some of what Scholes said isn’t that wrong either — he said Pogba was better closer to the action, he’s not the guy to run the game from deep, and his good performance against Everton actually supported that. He had Matic as DM, Herrera running the game and keeping the ball circulating, and Pogba rampaging into the danger zone

If we had someone like Kroos, or Scholes for that matter, able to do Herrera’s job today but even better and against top opposition without shitting himself, we’d look a different team. Which Scholes also said tbf.

Sid
Legend

Postby Sid » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:36 am

Alf, if Mourinho has bigger problems than what a mere "pundit" has to say - who also happens to be a United legend btw who the fans will back over Jose - then why is he bother dedicating a lengthy bitchy rant about him? Ignore it, move on, he's just a pundit doing his jobm

But he can't because he's riled. He can't hack it.

He hasn't even presented a proper argument, it's pure smalltime petty bullshit, "he'd loved to have won 25% of the trophies I won." Scholes will just hit back and say Jose would have loved to have won 25% of the trophies he won as a player.

Just sit back and enjoy the soap opera. The club is a disgrace but at least it's fun.

Sid
Legend

Postby Sid » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:39 am

I hope he calls out Nev next, but I hope it's something more stinging than "ner ner he'z ugly and I've won trophies"

pint vulger
Legend

Postby pint vulger » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:45 am

Hope he mentions the supporters who slag Utd off esp when they have been picking up dog shit whilst the match is on :D :D :D

HARRY
Legend

Postby HARRY » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:09 am

:D =)) You crack me up Pee Vee!! :ymapplause:

His bag will be sloshing around all over the fuckin shop. Not a nurse in cuntin site. :D
"Hi guys...weekends here again. Hope youve all earned a few quid!!".

bman2
Legend

Postby bman2 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:46 am

I don’t know, the back and forth with Scholes might be the sort of thing Mourinho can use to build a bit of a siege mentality among the players. “They say you’re not proper United players, lads, are you going to prove them wrong?” Giggs said exactly that recently, “I know a united player when I see one”. I think Giggs and Scholes are making some good points, but I think they’re less open-minded than Gnev and Rio are in their punditry. Mourinho is right to pint out that he’s not some gobshite.

dozer
Legend

Postby dozer » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:50 am

Scholes didn't even criticise pogba. He said he's a phenomenal player who isn't being used righr. He blamed Jose, not Pogba. Nice deflection by Jose.

danniitronix
Legend

Postby danniitronix » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:53 pm

Scholes is deemed to bang on when he criticises Gaal but is a small time shit cunt, when he dares to speak out against the beloved Mourinho. The spackmongs never fail to disappoint.

Sid
Legend

Postby Sid » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:04 pm

Innit. He criticies Gaal and he's lauded, criticises saint Mourinho and he's a gobshite,l that needs to shut up etc.

He's been right both times, but the Jose FC fannies can't hack it.

ashleyfuckingyoung
Legend

Postby ashleyfuckingyoung » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:08 pm

In many ways, last nights result and performance haven't helped Mourinho. He talked openly about 'having to play a different way' without Lukaku. Well, that way looked much, much better. And he's kind of admitted that it happened because it was forced on him. He'd have been better (for himself) saying that the performance was no different than other recent games that we've dropped points in, it just cut out the defensive mistakes. It'd have been bollocks, but that doesn't normally stop him.

It was only Everton, but the manner of the performance in the second half showed how we should be playing. Martial central, Lingard just off him, Pogba advanced with 2 midfielders behind him. You could make changes on the right, and probably put Bailly and Valencia in for Jones and Lindelof, but otherwise that looks to be our strongest team and certainly the best way of playing. In fact, all of our best performances this season have incorporated Martial and Lingard playing more centrally, and Pogba playing in a more advanced position.

So, what does he do when Lukaku is back? United fans have had a glimpse at the alternative, so if he reverts to type and the football's shit, the pressure will crank up further.

Personally, I'd try Lukaku on the right for a bit. Not his natural position, but cutting in on his left, and getting into the box to attack crosses from Shaw/Young on the left could be a decent weapon. In any event, Martial, Lingard and Pobga. Get those 3 in their best positions and keep them there.

Return to “The Rant Forum”